Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baylon Spector coming back is like another 5 star recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,263

Baylon Spector coming back is like another 5 star recruit

Dec 29, 2020, 9:32 AM

Right? At a minimum, a high performing 4 star.

https://youtu.be/yn6-wfnr_7o

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I was excited to hear him say he would be back!

Dec 29, 2020, 9:34 AM

Good for Clemson football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baylon Spector coming back is like another 5 star recruit

Dec 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

There will be some bummed out guys behind him, but it's good for the team for the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could This Induce Transfers Though?

Dec 29, 2020, 10:03 AM

Carlsbad® said:

There will be some bummed out guys behind him, but it's good for the team for the season.

You wonder if a guy like Vonta Bentley would end up leaving after hearing this? I hope he stays! Bentley is from the state of Alabama and I am sure ole Nicky Satan would love to have him! He could not only provide 1st hand intel on BV thought process - but could add "yet another" highly touted recruit to his roster!

Simpson will play no matter is in front or behind him. The LB crew the Tigers have coming in this up coming cycle is bananas.

I am happy Spector is coming back - just wondering out loud! Guys like playing time and playing behind a very good veteran isn't good for younger players in the playing time department!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t see why he’d leave. He’s only going to get more PT

Dec 29, 2020, 10:24 AM

Next year. He seems to be a good fit and doing great in Venables’ system.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t see why he’d leave. He’s only going to get more PT

Dec 29, 2020, 10:30 AM

Next year. He seems to be a good fit and doing great in Venables’ system.

TotalD - I hope you are right. I was looking at Bentley's body language after he made some plays and I kind of sensed a: "I could have been doing this if I was on the field" feel from him. Of course, I could be way off.
I hope he stays because as he learns the defense his "raw abilities" have the potential to add more speed at LB. But, you have to know the plays and know and trust what you are seeing 1st in a BV defense.

Like I said, I sure hope you are right!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Skalski returns, the plot really thickens, eh?

Dec 29, 2020, 10:54 AM

To take it even further, what if XT comes back? I liked Skalski’s answer when asked about XT’s ‘mental state/attitude’; saying the team is 100% with XT, but ask XT the question, he wasn’t answering for him. I think I’ll follow suit. But a 100% XT makes us that much better!

IMHO: Dabo’s philosophy of playing everyone is golden when it comes to maintaining our great depth. I feel good about our great players staying.

Also, for the most part, our players that transferred because they weren’t 1st - or even 2d - on the depth chart, really haven’t gone on to excel, much less dominate, on other teams.

Time will tell; but just the same, we’re gonna be loaded on D next year!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Could This Induce Transfers Though?

Dec 29, 2020, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Could This Induce Transfers Though? ]

We have not had many players transfer because unlike other schools kids get the opportunity to play. We don’t go two deep on defense we go three and four!!

Also I think the overwhelming majority of players in the transfer portal are on offense.... QB, WR, and RB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,263
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic