Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball - Sorry for Legth!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,811

Basketball - Sorry for Legth!

Feb 10, 2020, 10:11 PM

I have seen many different Clemson teams in LJ dating back to the 1970's. As a multiple year basketball season ticket holder after graduating in 1994 through the end of the Purnell era(moved to MP, SC), I am shocked at the current atmosphere in LJ. I recently moved back to Greenville, and I have started attending basketball games again. Although we have traditionally struggled in a much stronger ACC, I am shocked at how dead Littlejohn has become. There is no excitement at all, and I can only imagine the sleeping fans in the stands if J Dew didn't keep the crowd awake. Last night the girl on the unicycle was more entertaining than the game. Our flea-flicker offense looking for a fast three pointer at the top of the key gets old. Our few great wins this year showed creativity with back door cuts with 5 guys moving and hustling as a unit. We are back to our consistently inconsistent offense.

Question: Do any of our players ever follow their shots after jacking a three pointer? Ever? We learned that in 6 year old basketball.

With that being said, I think we need to change the oil in the program. I like Brownell, but like Tommy Bowden, I think he has maxed out. Sometimes great guys just can't get it done, unfortunately. The ACC is weak this year, and our limited success would be much different in past times. The ACC teams of the 80's and 90's would absolutely smoke these teams.

I think we should go after a young, energetic guy like Bob Richey at Furman..........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Alarming but astute thoughts..

Feb 10, 2020, 10:25 PM

and I concur completely.

I started attending Clemson basketball in 1959-1966 and then 1970’s to early-mid 1980’s and loved the overall intensity & effort of the team & fans.

Now...

Oh, BB is a very good man and I agree nice guys don’t always win big.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

several things in here that will trigger...

Feb 10, 2020, 10:25 PM

our resident basketball expert

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Brownell will set him straight.

Feb 10, 2020, 10:31 PM

Seriously, Brad is doing the best he can.
You can’t ask a man for more than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

nope, you sure cannot ask a man to do more than

Feb 10, 2020, 11:00 PM

the best that he can... but if his best isn't good enough for you, then you just have to agree that new relationships for all involved is the best thing that can happen

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought his comparison of Geno Auriemma with BB

Feb 10, 2020, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Mrs. Brownell will set him straight. ]

was solid after UCONN's loss to SCar tonight. I mean the last time Geno won less than 30 games in a season was 2005 when they went 25-8.

Auriemma's and Brownell's careers are almost parallel. Geno has an .885 winning percentage in 34 years at UCONN. He has had 1 losing season in all those years and 25 years of 30 or more wins and 11 National Championships.

Practically the same guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: several things in here that will trigger...

Feb 10, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to several things in here that will trigger... ]

Wanna be expert, that is.

Expert in every thing but knowing when a change is needed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watch the NBA sometime. Every time someone shoots

Feb 10, 2020, 11:08 PM

the rest of the team on offense starts running back to set up their defense before the ball gets halfway to the rim.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's talking about basketball...

Feb 10, 2020, 11:44 PM

Re: Basketball - Sorry for Length! As Yogi said

Feb 11, 2020, 7:46 AM

If the dont want to come how you gonna stop them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball - Sorry for Length! As Yogi said

Feb 11, 2020, 7:47 AM

If they dont want to come how you gonna stop them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic