Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One WR to start college team...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

One WR to start college team...

Mar 26, 2020, 3:07 PM

With all of the talent at WR we have had the last recent years, name one WR you would pick to start a college, based on college career...
Nuk
Sammy
Tee
Bryant
Renfrow
Mike Williams
Anyone else I haven’t listed
I know Nuk is having a great NFL career but I feel like Sammy had a better college career. Renfrow is really tempting too for 3rd downs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy. You can’t touch me. Watkins.

Mar 26, 2020, 3:10 PM

Just because of versatility. He could play any of the WR positions with great effectiveness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Swinney and it's not even close.***

Mar 26, 2020, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Apparently no one is better on the jet sweep.***

Mar 26, 2020, 6:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

End of thread******

Mar 26, 2020, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Will Swinney and it's not even close.*** ]

Re: One WR to start college team...

Mar 26, 2020, 6:52 PM

With all of the talent at WR we have had the last recent years, name one WR you would pick to start a college, based on college career...
Nuk
Sammy
Tee
Bryant
Renfrow
Mike Williams
Anyone else I haven’t listed
I know Nuk is having a great NFL career but I feel like Sammy had a better college career. Renfrow is really tempting too for 3rd downs.

All of the guys on this lists are top notch receivers and had great careers at Clemson. I loved watching Sammy play, and Nuk was also tremendous, but Mike Williams was " The Man" in MHO.

Would have been interesting to see Nuk with better QB play

Mar 26, 2020, 6:55 PM

his first two years. Then year 3 Boyd and Watkins are both first-year starters and hit it off together, and Nuk just didn't seem to be on the in for some reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 7:51 PM

I don’t know. Nuk was the truth. Go back and watch the lsu game when Sammy got hurt on the first play. Nuk absolutely destroyed lsu that game as the go to receiver.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:13 PM

Give some love to Youngblood (big target) and Smith

Nuke. Zimmerman honorable mention

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based off college alone...

Mar 26, 2020, 8:28 PM

I'd pick Sammy. Nuk is a close 2nd. Then Rod Gardner. Then close between 3rd and Renfrow vs. Mike Williams. Then Tee then Bryant for me. All are great, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 8:51 PM

Not my favorite pro, but Sammy (to me) is the best wr I've ever seen at Clemson. Watson-Williams was the best duo

Mar 27, 2020, 9:49 AM

Any answer that is not Sammy Watkins is just wrong!

Mar 27, 2020, 9:59 AM

Think if that TD to Tee had stood in the LSU Natty game - he would be faring a lot better in this thread ... idk ... jmpo ... still a gaping wound ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 27, 2020, 10:00 AM

It could have changed the whole game fore sure but Sammy was the best college WR I have ever seen starting from game 1. Tee would be second on my list tho.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:01 AM

Second on my list of Clemson WRs that is.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:02 AM

Sammy/Nuk

None of the others are in the conversation.

As far as all.of college football all time, I would go Calvin Johnson.

Mar 27, 2020, 10:29 AM

Tee averages more yards per catch and has the same number of TDs in 3/4s of the receptions as Nuk. I would really say Sammy is 1 with Mike, Nuk, and Tee 2a b and c

Mar 27, 2020, 10:25 AM

Watkins or Williams. Hopkins was always going to be the better pro receiver because while he wasn't elite in any physical measurement, he was still fast, quick, big enough, AND he was elite at all the technical stuff. In college though, having elite speed (Watkins) or elite size (Williams) can win you most matchups before you even take the field.

Renfrow on 3rd downs, and Mikey everywhere else. Those

Mar 27, 2020, 12:11 PM

50/50 balls were more like 90/10 when they were headed in his direction. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic