Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Barrett Carter got bashed by UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Barrett Carter got bashed by UGA

May 22, 2020, 12:34 PM

Fans on Twitter saying he will play nobody’s week in and week out. It was amazing when they were informed that his first game as a Tiger will be against UGA how many didn’t respond.

In related news Clemson plays a team that has made the Playoff every year for the next decade.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Barrett Carter got bashed by UGA

May 22, 2020, 1:30 PM

Doesn’t mean much. So do the coots.

May 22, 2020, 1:38 PM

Sad but predictable.

It really is amazing how people can act when someone they don't even know does not share their opinion about something.

Those people are the first ones to leave the stadium when their team is losing, make idiotic undefeated season predictions, and make excuses for poor fan behavior by stating that "every fan-base" does it.

They're just stupid people, and unfortunately they're everywhere.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good one!

May 22, 2020, 1:39 PM

Thanks for the laugh.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 22, 2020, 1:56 PM

Follow our new podcast on Instagram!! You can check us out on Spotify or Apple podcast, @subzerosports ! Thanks for the support!

May 22, 2020, 2:04 PM

UGA - the team that still demands respect, when NONE is deserved or earned. Years ago, I decided to save $20 for every day since UGA last won a national championship. That was the best retirement plan I could have chosen. I've been looking at buying that new 2020 mid-engine Corvette, and paying off my house while I'm at it. Thanks UGA. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

May 22, 2020, 5:51 PM

I would do some math on that but I don't much feel like it.

At least he will beat one nobody 38-3, while Georgia loses

May 22, 2020, 8:33 PM

to them at home.

This year he would be playing

May 22, 2020, 9:01 PM

Georgia Tech and Virginia: 2 ACC teams that Clemson plays often or every year.

South Carolina: a team that Clemson plays

That's 3 games and its a wash so far.

Then he would also play East Tennessee State, Louisiana-Monroe, Vanderbilt. That's 3 more games that do don define playing more big-time games on a weekly basis. I'll take our Boston College over Vanderbilt, though probably a wash.

So, for 6 of the 12 games, there is no difference in playing big-time games on a weekly schedule.

Let's look at the remaining 6 games:

Georgia plays Bama and Clemson plays Notre Dame. Both qualify as big-time. Bama may be a better team, but the big-time status of the game is even. That's 7 games and no significant difference in playing big games on a weekly basis.

Let's lok further:

Georgia plays Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky is that really any bigger than saying
Clemson plays Syracuse, NC State and Louisville.
Ok, I'll give them Tennessee is a bigger game than NC State. Syracuse beat Missouri a couple of years ago, the last time they played and Louisville and Kentucky is a wash as far as atmosphere.

Georgia has Florida and Clemson plays Florida State, another wash when talking about big time. Florida is up now and FSU down, but FSU has beaten Florida more often than not the past decade. They are both big time games.
So we are 11 games in and basically a one game differenceand that's barely with Tennessee over NC State.

The only remaining game is Georgia playing Auburn and we play Wake. Obviously that is a BIG difference in atmosphere. But shhhhh, don't tell them about the last 3 games between the two teams, LOL:
(HOME) 1982/09/11 Auburn 28 - Wake Forest 10 W
(HOME) 1981/09/19 Auburn 21 - Wake Forest 24 L
(AWAY) 1979/10/27 Auburn 38 - Wake Forest 42 L

So let's see, he should give up playing for a school that he loves, with a coaching staff that he wants to play for, in a defensive system under one of the best defensive coordinators in the land, playing for a team that beats Alabama, and wins national champioinships instead of choking, because Georgia plays Tennessee and we play NC State and Georgia plays Auburn and we play Wake. All other games are a wash when it comes to big time atmosphere.

Sorry about all of the typos. Wow.***

May 22, 2020, 9:07 PM

Didn't seem to matter much that Newman "played no one" at WF

May 22, 2020, 9:16 PM

Now that he's at UGA, he's the 2nd coming. Lol funny how when you have to constantly make excuses for your failures, you'll start contacting yourself

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic