Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is Such a Big Difference in what the Coaches Make and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

There is Such a Big Difference in what the Coaches Make and

Nov 9, 2017, 10:13 AM

What the players make it is past the point of ridiculous. The Players scrimp on just buying food. Some of them come from poor family and they can't help that family. 3 or 4 years is a long time to a young person. I can see where some might become resentful. Maybe focus on the negatives instead of the positives. Nuke is so upset he won't even identify with being a former Clemson student. Coaches not only are getting rich from the University, they are raking money in from advertisers. I don't blame the coaches but i wouldn't expect the players to be happy about the situation. Many of them don't go on to make big money in the Pros

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, those poor starving football players. The humanity!

Nov 9, 2017, 10:16 AM

With their on private dining and all the food they eat...for free.

Reality is this way, bro ----------------------->

Well Nuke pointed out he couldn't help his family

Nov 9, 2017, 10:20 AM

Not all about the food bro. Looks like Nuke it too skinny to eat much. Many of them don't even have autos while the coaches could afford Mercedes

plenty of non-athletes that come from poor families

Nov 9, 2017, 10:23 AM

what about them ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Nuke pointed out he couldn't help his family

Nov 9, 2017, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Well Nuke pointed out he couldn't help his family ]

Nuk was eligible for thousands in student loans. How do you think he left school in debt? I suspected he was exaggerating to make a point but if you're taking him literally then you've missed the point. He just thought Clemson didn't do enough.

I don't happen to agree with that. Clemson did more for me than I imagined or realized. Everyday I spend being educated. I'm now a moron rather than being a complete moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

College athletes aren’t supposed to be able to support their families.

Nov 9, 2017, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Well Nuke pointed out he couldn't help his family ]

They are supposed to be students first and athletes second.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Bull crap

Nov 9, 2017, 10:23 AM

If a player struggles to pay for food then he/she is really mismanagIng his/her money.

Most of these players wouldn't sniff college if not for the system that is skewed in their favor.

Although, I agree coaches get paid too much. I just don't agree with your bleeding heart millennial argument.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I've thought the players should be given a bigger stipend

Nov 9, 2017, 10:24 AM

since I saw the athletes on campus during the 1980s. When a 6'3" 300 lb man goes to buy clothes he can't shop at the Walmart, Sears or JC Penny. His clothes and shoes must come from a different type store. That is why so many of our athletes wear sweats and other clothing supplied by the school.

The problem with stipends is that different schools are capable of different payouts. The fat will get fatter and the others will starve if there isn't a limit. Kids will want to negotiate those stipends if they aren't all equal at any given school and that will be another nightmare.

Can it be worked out? I don't know but I've been considering the pros and cons (not talking about convicts here so don't accuse me of racism) and I haven't found a solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could have fooled me

Nov 9, 2017, 6:59 PM

Athletes, like the majority of all college students, wear sweats because 1) they are comfortable, 2) they can, and 3) they likely enjoy being recognized around campus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

news flash to college athletes: it's all VOLUNTARY

Nov 9, 2017, 10:26 AM

college scholarship athletes have not indentured themselves legally like someone who has joined the military. They are free to leave the team and/or the university and pursue other interests at any time if they are not happy.

Seem this little tidbit of information is always ignored.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Band members, cheerleaders, student assistants, get nothing.

Nov 9, 2017, 10:37 AM

They help create the overall environment. Are the IPTAY members, former and present, entitled to their share? This thing is very complicated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's "NUK" not Nuke ...***

Nov 9, 2017, 10:55 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is Such a Big Difference in what the Coaches Make and

Nov 9, 2017, 11:24 AM

Yeah, must be hard to not have paid for those 3 years of college, meanwhile I'm paying student loans and he has an $81 million dollar contract.

SMH at some people.

Nov 9, 2017, 11:29 AM

Comparing what coaches make to that of athletes is utterly ridiculous. Players are getting a free education, three square meals a day, free lodging, guidance, and a path to pro football or a career in
another field. What would the athletes be doing if they were at home? Coaches go through college and work through other jobs before getting to coach at a high level. Of course they make more money and drive nicer cars. This is their profession. I wouldn't argue against a small stipend for players to help with gas, food and a few extras.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2017, 12:17 PM

What planet are you from? They're students. Really. Yep on this planet we all have vastly different socio-economic circumstances. It's the way it is. You trying to solve world hunger? Take for example DW. His childhood conditions were really tough. Finally received a HFH home for which he is most thankful and gives back. Dabo's college experience wasn't much different. Dabo's mom had to live with him in his college housing. Personally, I'm not a supporter of paying college athletes. Where does one draw the line? It would have to be 'all athletes', male and female, all sports. How much is enough? My bet is that virtually every student athlete in America has a cell phone, now apparently out of 'necessity' (?). Student athletes choosing to have a family with children, that's different but it is a choice, and probably not a good one, but...

Nov 9, 2017, 12:38 PM

Sorry but not buying into the poor student athlete if they are on full scholarship. From the CU website cost of attendance for out of state students.

tuition, books, fees, room & board, $46,996 tax free.

Just for argument sake lets say $65,000 before taxes. Don't get me wrong they work their buts off and put in a ton of hours, however that is a good paying "job". How many students with loans to pay will start at $65,000.

I know some have mentioned gas, clothing, snacks, etc. Guess what, they would have those expenses whether they are in college or not,

I don't have a problem with a stipend, yet how could you do it fairly. Most colleges can't afford them. Can you imagine if they got a cut of the clothing sold. Big donors could buy up scores of jerseys to shuttle cash to players. ga, bamer, etc, can tell a prospect "our second string right tackle sold 100 jerseys last year".

Just my 2 cents.

Nov 9, 2017, 5:56 PM

$49 thousand compared to 8 mil for ONE coach sound about fare huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

49k x 85 schollys = 4.165 mil

Nov 9, 2017, 7:11 PM

That’s a lot of free room and board, books, putt-putt, and whiffle ball tourneys

Nov 9, 2017, 5:46 PM

Knock Knock, is there anybody home. Complain all you want about how much coaches are paid, and I will even agree with on that part, but our players are not starving. To be totally honest, Clemson FB players eat better than 80% of the entire fan base could even afford to eat. Our FB players have the privilege of just walking in their dinning hall and have a great meal with the athletic department paying the bill. I would also wager what ever you would like to bet that our FB players eat better than 90% of the paying students that are paying their own way to be educated at Clemson.

By me saying this, it doesn't mean that I agree with the way our players are coming up short with the Billions in $$$$$$ being made from college kids playing FB. In no way are they being compensated fairly for all the years of hard work they have put in just to get good enough to have a chance to play major college FB. They have put in uncountable hours of time in the youngest parts of their lives away from family and friends while going around to all the different camps working out with all the different college coaches looking to find ways to get better for raising the odds to get into a major college FB program. While most other kids in college that are their friend, their parents are paying for their school, and they are working full or part time jobs for their spending and party money while at the same time their FB friends don't have much at all to spend. If nothing else, pay these players a little over minimum wage for what ever hours they have to workout during and after the season. If they were getting paid in the off season for keeping their bodies in top shape, being paid would give them lots more incentive to get all in with their summer workouts!!! But no, they are not starving, and if they are, it's bc they don't get to the FB dinning room on time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like what every college student goes through

Nov 9, 2017, 6:00 PM

Except the free education and the prospect to make millions right after graduating.

Only a coot could be this dumb!***

Nov 9, 2017, 7:21 PM

Boo Hoo

Nov 9, 2017, 7:22 PM

People who serve in the infratry get paid so little compared to actors and actresses who risk nothing. When will this generation learn life ain’t fair. Create a minor league and go get paid. Bring in college students who would gladly play for free, just like the Olympic sports athletes do now. A lot of these players would never gain admission to college but for football. If they don’t want the free college tuition, make room for those that want it.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic