Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Bama was a coy of a copy and they ran up against
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

"Bama was a coy of a copy and they ran up against

Feb 2, 2019, 1:58 AM

the real thing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqugVkRfeZg&t=198s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Bama was a coy of a copy and they ran up against

Feb 2, 2019, 2:09 AM

Gottleib is sorta on the right path , but the implication of Alabama just not being as good as it's championship winning teams still sustains the myth that Clemson won because Bama wasn't as good this year or they were tired from the rigors of the SEC season or they just didn't have a key player in a key matchup or Saban has too much turnover .
Blah Blah Blah .
They got beat by a better football team . Hardly a difficult concept , but it's the excuse makers that two-face this thing and say Clemson is good but....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: "Bama was a coy of a copy and they ran up against

Feb 2, 2019, 9:17 AM

Absolutely, this was a case where the "eye" test doesn't lie.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the final score is 44-16 you don't need an eye test.

Feb 2, 2019, 10:35 AM

When a team puts 30 unanswered on the board to finish a game the other stats and test don't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I resent anyone who disrespects Clemson by claiming..

Feb 2, 2019, 10:33 AM

that we benefited from an easy schedule which facilitated our getting ready for Bama all year. That's what the man was saying when he said 'Clemson studied all year and Bama tried to cram for the final exam.'

That is short sighted, backhanded and ignores that every good coach pushes his team to get better and better by setting the goal of 'perfect,' as the standard. Is he saying Saban didn't study all year for the exam or is this another of those 'Bama played such a tough schedule that they are mentally exhausted and beat up?

I'm not one to attempt to analyse football with stats but since the NCAA community lives and dies by the stat and the Playoff Committee leans on stats to justify rankings and seedings of each team, lets look at one of the most obvious and obviously ignored stat, margin of victory.

Over the past year in regular season Bama's game scores were.

51-14 a 37 point win
57-7 50
62-7 55
56-14 42
65-31 34
39-10 29
58-21 37
29-0 29
24-0 24
50-17 33
52-21 31

That's a total of 401 points over the regular season. The analogy that Bama hadn't studied all season and had to cram for exams is confounded by the margins of victory. A country boy like me would say that anyone claiming Bama hadn't studied all year is a bullchitter. I'd also say that anyone claiming Bama's schedule was brutal was blowing smoke up folks' shorts. But, but this isn't about analogies it's about stats.

Clemson's margin of victory this regular season compared to Bama's margin of victory during the season indicates that Bama played the weaker schedule. That's highlighted by the fact that we laid a 44-16 askwhuppin on Alabama to end their 'GOAT,' season.

That's what happens when ESPiN over rates a conference and elevates one team to GOAT status. You also have the ESPiN Doctors and half the country trying to figure out how, when and where they all went wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic