Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama sticking with their "bigger is better" philosophy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Bama sticking with their "bigger is better" philosophy

Aug 13, 2019, 1:49 PM

on recruiting ... in the 2020 class, they have 4 players ...

325 lb
340 lb
340 lb
348 lb

These are high school kids ?

Schools buses in Alabama must have dump truck suspensions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4

Aug 13, 2019, 1:55 PM

times they have played us has taught Saban nothing. Those big boys will get you through the SEC undefeated but they don’t look so good against a tempo team. I’m glad to see that Saban is a stubborn old man. I want to see him lose to us again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4

Aug 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

Sir - Bama has won 5 of last 10 national championships including 2 of last 4. Lets show some class and respect when it's due

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4

Aug 13, 2019, 2:17 PM

Thats fine. Wish Bama would too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 2:26 PM

Well fortunately for tiger nation - a Clemson man needs no introduction. So why do people on this board continue to stoop down to their level? We are Clemson, not Alabama lets act like it

Aug 13, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4 ]

Tell 'em coot.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4 ]

Let's not pretend that Bama had won 5 out of the last 10 championship games. For two or three of those five they were appointed the National Championship by virtue of being the SEC champion and handed some dupe to play for a so-called championship. You are welcome to pretend they would have beaten a worthy opponent and actually won it.

Aug 13, 2019, 3:26 PM

I hope you are kidding. Otherwise you are minimizing the effort it takes even get to a national championship games. Most of those games, I will remind you, Clemson watched on TV.

It's okay to acknowledge Bama is very good. Don't be a Finebaum.

Aug 13, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4 ]

We didn't kill them with tempo in 2018. Did it straight up. We were slow if anything.

True we didn’t. Spread teams with a mobile QB that can pass well is a better way to put it.

Aug 13, 2019, 3:41 PM

The bottom line is that Saban hasn’t changed his philosophy so far no matter how many times his defenses have been exposed over the years, which is not often but still. He has a defense to play in the smash it up SEC and at least right now it looks like he will not change his philosophy. His defenses are poorly conditioned IMO. We saw that in 3 out of four games that we have played them. The only time his defense had great success against us was when our QB could not stretch the field.

He knows he's done, so he's just recruiting

Aug 13, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I guess a bunch of fat boys gasping for air with their hands on their hips 3 out of the 4 ]

EXCUSES.

Those guys will probably get pretty "Tired" pretty soon

Aug 13, 2019, 2:20 PM

with all that weight. So looks like a perfect fit

Bama Philosophy

Aug 13, 2019, 3:07 PM

I for one hope Bama keeps doing exactly what they have been doing and I hope they keep doing it well.

Back in 2015 I said to some coot family members that when Clemson won a National Title I wanted to see the Tigers do it against Bama. Otherwise, no one would have given us any credit for winning a title. The media would have said our Tigers only won because Bama had a poor game in the playoff. In many ways the media is trying to say that about our 2018 title by making stupid excuses for Bama.

I for one want Bama to keep winning because they are seen as the top program in the country by virtually everyone with the Tigers close on their heels. If we make the playoffs and win it again this year by beating a team other than Bama, Bama will STILL be called the best program in the country by many members of the media because they will have won 5 out of 11 national titles.

Nothing but respect for what Saban has done at Bama which is exactly why our Tigers need to beat them a few more times head to head. Then and only then will Clemson get the credit it deserves.

Re: Bama sticking with their "bigger is better" philosophy

Aug 13, 2019, 3:19 PM

Man, them bigguns are gonna be sucking wind worse than the last batch in the NC game. Never have I seen a group so worn out in the 2nd quarter ever on a Bama team. Give our man Batson some props because our boys were looking freash as daisies. Saban kept his huys on the field all year long in fear of losing one along the way, running up scores just in case. All the excuses can be laid at Little Nicky's feet.

NIck Saban is sticking with what got him there

Aug 13, 2019, 3:27 PM

...which is fine. But, the days of 330 DT's is over (unless you're a Dexter Lawrence clone).

'Bama's DL was too fat and slow last year. Their DLinemen simply don't move well.

Translation....Clemson's offense is too big, fast, and strong for 'Bama's defense.

On the other hand, Clemosn's defense is also big and strong. But, our DL's are more athletic and capable of defending spread offenses, or Bama's ground and pound game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic