Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama S&C coach heading to UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,068

Bama S&C coach heading to UGA

Feb 24, 2020, 2:55 PM

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1232030066399309824?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama hoping the minnow errs are going with him***

Feb 24, 2020, 3:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama hoping the minnow errs are going with him***

Feb 24, 2020, 4:22 PM

Here comes the Juice!

What does the constant turnover at Bama mean?

Feb 25, 2020, 7:50 AM

No program in America has been better in the last 14 or 15 years than Alabama. They won more games, they've won more titles and they've put more players into the NFL than nearly everyone else.

And yet Saban's staff turns over at a remarkably high rate. He usually has a brand new OC every year.
The rest of his staff seems pretty much ready and able to pack up and move on at the drop of a hat. Most of us praise staff stability and continuity, but the direct opposite has been perhaps the most successful approach over Saban's tenure.

Does this make Saban a one man show, and the best one man show ever? Does it say he's an all controlling boss that no one wants to be around? Does it confirm that Saban and Alabama have been the best recruiters in the nation for quite awhile and the wins follow recruiting almost exclusively?

I dunno. It's an odd show at Birmingham.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Birmingham or Tuscaloosa?***

Feb 25, 2020, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is a bigger loss to Bama than people

Feb 25, 2020, 8:29 AM

think. I read this morning that Saban wouldn't even allow Cochran to address the team to say goodbye. If you've ever seen the documentary about Alabama football and watched Cochran operate, it's pretty clear where a lot of their saltiness came from. Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Re: Bama S&C coach heading to UGA

Feb 25, 2020, 10:02 AM

Wouldn't Cochran know every weakness of most of the Bama players, and all that played last year? If UGA makes it to the SECCG and faces Bama, that has to give a slight edge to UGA. But IMHO, I don't think either UGA or Bama makes it to the SECCG unless they're sitting in the stands. I think Auburn and Florida would be my favorites to win their respective divisions.

Re: Bama S&C coach heading to UGA

Feb 25, 2020, 10:44 AM

He could help UGA in that regard, but the loss for Alabama is the much bigger issue. The guy is a huge presence and has a big influence on the players. Just not having him around anymore, pumping guys up to lift out of their minds, run out of their minds and play out of their minds is significant.

Like I said in the other thread, probably the most important assistant coach Saban ever had. His infectious energy level rubbed off on the entire team.

Not sure if he's a legit on the field strategist though. Then again, special teams shouldn't be too hard.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,068
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic