Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ball State parent here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Ball State parent here

Sep 3, 2012, 1:15 PM

Looking forward to the tradition of Clemson football this weekend!! Every College football fan knows the tradition of Howard's Rock and look forward to the atmosphere of Memorial Stadium.

Money game for Ball State, with the economics of College sports it's a must, last year we took a beat down from Oklahoma, luckily nobody got hurt, wish for the same.

We are staying in Travelers Rest Friday night, how long will it take to get my butt in my seat?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being a 12:30 game , leave early...

Sep 3, 2012, 1:18 PM

Traffic will be awful.

Park, walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. You won't...

Sep 3, 2012, 1:20 PM

Be hungry or thirsty because multiple fans will just invite you to their tailgates. 99% of us Clemson fans are generous nd hospitable. That's what separates us from other schools

Welcome! ***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:19 PM

Leave early and tailgate so you can really enjoy

Sep 3, 2012, 1:20 PM

things. With a 12:30 start I'd leave at 6AM. You're about an hour away normally but plan on 2-2 1/2 unless you have a parking pass. Traffic will be thick. Hope you enjoy your time in Clemson.

Hope you enjoy your visit and that you get to see the

Sep 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

99% of the fanbase that has class, respect and southern hospitality. If you encounter the other 1%, just take it with a grade of slaw and look for the other 99%. Many will offer you food and drink and a warm welcome to Tiger Town! Safe travels and Go TIGERS!!!!

'grade of slaw" ??? never heard it put that way!!***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that was a new southern-ism for me, too.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:31 PM

And, I am a life-long Southerner. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

a t-netism, like "landblasted."***

Sep 3, 2012, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: a t-netism, like "landblasted."***

Sep 3, 2012, 2:19 PM

I do wonder if these guys that use that term understand that the proper term is "lamblasted"????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't it all start with a North Texas player using the

Sep 3, 2012, 2:22 PM

term "landblast" in a pre-game interview?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

While we are correcting someone...

Sep 3, 2012, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: a t-netism, like "landblasted."*** ]

we should get it right. The correct term is lambasted. Take that with a grain of salt or anything you want.

i thought tequilla or a tomato was what you use a grain of

Sep 3, 2012, 4:55 PM

salt for/with!:)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha! You're both wrong, it's 'lambasted', look it up...

Sep 3, 2012, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: a t-netism, like "landblasted."*** ]

Means to be beat soundly, or scolded severely. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha ha! You're both wrong, it's 'lambasted', look it up...

Sep 3, 2012, 2:32 PM

Quit hijacking this thread with stupidity please

"Grade of Slaw" is the new term

Sep 4, 2012, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Hope you enjoy your visit and that you get to see the ]

for "Grain of Salt." Get modern people! lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to Clemson!

Sep 3, 2012, 1:21 PM

I'm not sure about the answer to your question so I will let another Tiger answer it. I just wanted to pre-welcome you to Clemson! I join the rest of my Clemson brethren to say that we hope you gave a great time. Be sure to get to the stadium extra early and walk around the stadium to get the full experience. Safe travels!

While you're here...

Sep 3, 2012, 1:27 PM

You'll be staying only a couple of miles or so from Furman, so you might enjoy taking the opportunity to look at their campus. I agree with the other people in getting to Clemson early because traffic will get gridlocked by 10:00 to 10:30. I'd leave Travelers Rest no later than 8:00 or 8:30 if it were me. The earlier the better.

Leave around 7-8,when you get to Easley if the traffic

Sep 3, 2012, 1:28 PM

is starting to stack up...take highway 93 into Clemson,trust me.

for a noon game, parking lots open at 6AM

Sep 3, 2012, 1:29 PM

if you get there then, you won't be the first one in line. The RV folks start rolling in mid-week. Find that lot (by the saseball stadium) and they'll serve you up a good hot breakfast.

Welcome to Clemson!

Sep 3, 2012, 1:30 PM

I drive to Clemson from Greer, roughly the same distance from Travelers Rest. I can usually make it in about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Of course, we get there about 3 hours before game time to tailgate - 9:30am in this case. I will probably leave around 8:20am. Once I get there, it takes about 15-20 mins. to get to my parking spot.

If you come through Easley on 123, expect delays at the first three traffic signals; once you get past the Wal-Mart intersection, traffic flows slowly, but not as much stopping.

Hope this helps. And, good luck. I hear BSU is pretty balanced offensively and can get in the endzone.

Hope you have a safe trip down here.

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

Enjoy the day!

Sep 3, 2012, 1:30 PM

My family & I have no ties to Clemson, but it is truly a special place to spend a Saturday. Walk around & I'm sure you'll be invited to a couple of tailgate parties. Clemson fans are some of the nicest people you will come across. Granted every barrel has a few bad apples, but 99% are friendly as can be. Have a safe trip!

Re: Ball State parent here

Sep 3, 2012, 1:32 PM

If you want to avoid heavy traffic and enjoy a scenic ride take SC Hwy. 11 to SC Hwy. 133. 133 will take you into Clemson and you will avoid the heavy traffic on US 123. It will take a little over an hour from TR.

^^^^ Great Idea ^^^^ You should actually do this.***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:42 PM

You have all the traffic advice you need, so...

Sep 3, 2012, 1:45 PM

let me also say welcome to South Carolina and Clemson University. Hope you'll have a memorable and enjoyable trip!

Sep 3, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Ball State parent here ]

What about 183 to 133, 11 looks like it is north of Travelers Rest.

It is north but only a couple of miles. Best advice here!***

Sep 3, 2012, 1:56 PM

I come from TN via Asheville, NC. I ALWAYS take Hwy 11

Sep 3, 2012, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Ball State parent here ]

to Hwy 133. It is the absolute best route to take. You won't encounter any traffic until you get right into Clemson.

The definition of awesome!

If you want some beautiful mtn and lake scenery take 11-133

Sep 3, 2012, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Ball State parent here ]

if not take 183-133.

Excellent suggestion.***

Sep 3, 2012, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Ball State parent here ]

Depends on how big your butt is.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:46 PM

Seriously, I'm glafd you are coming to Clemson game. Come early and tailgate with any of the great tiger fans.

Early is the key!

Sep 3, 2012, 1:47 PM

Welcome to Death Valley! Its gonna be alot fo fun this saturday tailgating before and after the game.

It's a trap

Sep 3, 2012, 2:09 PM

These people are from Indiana. The come down here, check out the economy, housing prices, etc. Go to a Bilo or Piggly Wiggy and then go home, pack up there stuff and move to SC. Caution, do not be nice to these people. They are not native to this area and will cause problems! Next thing you know, their extended family members are coming down to visit and then they want to move. Just kidding, we're Southen and can't help but be nice. Welcome to Clemson, SC. Spend some money while you are here, we need the help.

You're thinking people from Ohio***

Sep 3, 2012, 2:13 PM

Friday is first friday parade if you're down here then-start

Sep 3, 2012, 2:10 PM

about 6- On Sat.the band plays in the amphitheater about 1 1/2 hrs before the game...town will be crowded, but everything will be open. If yu need parking there are lots downtown, about 1/2-3/4 mile from stadium-charge 15-20. Actually, forget that-if you can walk a mile Tmail me and you're welcome to park at our house. Enjoy your time in Clemson!

Re: Friday is first friday parade if you're down here then-start

Sep 3, 2012, 2:31 PM

Thanks for the offer

wear sunglasses from the bright lights on clemson

Sep 3, 2012, 2:13 PM

side of the score board...: ) Welcome.. C L E M S O NNNNNNNNNN

Welcome to the happiest place on earth and most

Sep 3, 2012, 2:16 PM

gorgeous campus and stadium.

Sep 3, 2012, 2:43 PM

I would try to be parked by 9:30 at the latest, and I suggest you allow at least an hour for travel time from Travelers Rest. Bring plenty of ice cold beverages...it should be warm and humid. I hope you enjoy your trip to Clemson.

Don't be afraid to wear your Ball State gear. It'll likely

Sep 3, 2012, 3:01 PM

get you invited to a tailgate or two. Our fans often try to prove how friendly we can be to the opposition, to the point that it is sometimes overly saccharine.

I followed a couple of Miami guys a few years back and I got jealous at all the food and drinks they were offered.

Anyways, welcome to Clemson. Hope your travel is safe, along with your players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Don't be afraid to wear your Ball State gear. It'll likely

Sep 3, 2012, 4:47 PM

Absolutely true! Our tailgate group talks and laughs with the opposing team, feeds them, and try to make it a great time for all. Trash talk happens, but it just leads to more smiles and laughter. We got invites to Boston College and one other teams tailgate party last year, if we came up to their home stadium.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Looks like folks have you all set. One more thing:

Sep 3, 2012, 3:15 PM

Don't be afraid to wear your team colors. Unlike a lot of schools, or folks like to greet visitors. If anyone gives you a hard time, there should be 10 other folks who are truly happy to have you in Clemson.

Enjoy!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to SC, be sure to checkout downtown Greenville

Sep 3, 2012, 3:52 PM

the Liberty Bridge and the Drive ballpark (mini- Fenway) while you are here.

i'll sell them downtown greenville. the city has ruined a

Sep 3, 2012, 5:00 PM

nice place. kids are not even allowed to cruise mainstreet,anymore. that in and of itself is a travesty of justice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Traffic is always worse for the first home games and

Sep 3, 2012, 5:01 PM

early games. Guess what? You get a double-dose.

If you just want to go to the game, leave by 10:00.

If you want to enjoy the game day experience, leave around 8:00. There are plenty of things to do on campus before the game. One you might enjoy is the Tiger Band concert/pep rally 90 minutes before the game in the amphitheater. After that, you could follow the cheerleaders/band as they march toward the stadium with fans cheering and lining the road. Before the game, make sure you also see Tillman Hall and the Scroll of Honor Memorial(near the stadium).

Feel free to introduce yourself to many of the "Tailgaiting Tigers". I promise you'll be warmly welcomed and offered plenty of good Southern food.

I hope you have a wonderful visit.

ditto to all the above

Sep 3, 2012, 5:07 PM

like someone said, check out downtown Greenville if you havent before.
plenty of good eats and foot traffic friendly.
hopefully the weather will cooperate.

leave TR early. i'd say no later than 8AM.
expect an hour drive (if there wasnt a game)....and as you know, there will be lots of traffic.

welcome to the Upsate of SC. it truly is special.
you may not want to leave. =)

A few things NOT to do or say....

Sep 4, 2012, 10:48 AM

"Shouldn't that Esso sign be Exxon?"

"Hey where is the Occulus we've heard so much about?"

Don't "Woo Hoo" or ask about the Woo Hoo

Don't begin any sentence with, "We're from up North, here is how you should be doing that..."

You will have a great college football experience.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic