Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad day for Clemson in terms of football and what was hoped for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Bad day for Clemson in terms of football and what was hoped for

Jul 9, 2020, 7:24 PM

If schools only play conference games, then college football has been turned upside down. Completely.

New play off predictions have already started and I don’t see an alternative to what is now going to happen and what teams we will see in the play offs.

Can 2020 get any worse - nothing surprises me any more

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There never a bad day as a Clemson Tiger - football or not***

Jul 9, 2020, 7:58 PM

Re: Bad day for Clemson in terms of football and what was hoped for

Jul 9, 2020, 8:10 PM

The Notre Dame game will be played.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/why-sporting-news-named-notre-dame-clemson-its-game-of-the-year

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 9, 2020, 8:20 PM

An unbeaten Clemson football team will be invited into the playoff , with a bullet .
Committee would favor us over any 2nd tier team that was also undefeated like a Georgia or a Notre Dame or a Florida .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 9, 2020, 9:42 PM

I believe this too!

Jul 9, 2020, 8:21 PM

I'm going to believe there will be games when we see it. I remember Swoffs mid March proclamation that "we are definitely playing hoops today." This was about an hour before Duke told him what to do. No hoops

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 9:50 PM

We start the year ranked number one and will stay there.

LOL, we still play Notre Dame. We lost a creampuff in

Jul 9, 2020, 9:26 PM

South Carolina. And believe me, I do understand why you would think losing South Carolina would hurt our strength of schedule. I completely understand Georgia fans not thinking of them as a creampuff. ANd before you dismiss Notre Dame, remember Georgia made like playing Notre Dame was the biggest thing in the world, even though only winning by one and six points. It's only when we beat them by 27 in the Cotton Bowl that dog fans consider Notre Dame to be trash.

Re: LOL, we still play Notre Dame. We lost a creampuff in

Jul 9, 2020, 10:22 PM

So much for the winningest senior class in history in terms of number of wins. That goes for the next 4 classes too.

New playoff predictions?

Jul 9, 2020, 9:57 PM

“Experts” don’t even know if we’re playing in the fall or spring yet.

Take everything with a grade of slaw right now.

~JKB

THis will actually help our strnght of schedule vs some of

Jul 10, 2020, 1:50 AM

the contenders. Our non-conference biggie is still on the schedule, while a lot of contenders lost a real jewel in their respective schedules. Losing South Carolina did nothing to reduce our strength of schedule. SO our schedule will be closer to some of the contenders than it would havve been. Had we lost Notre Dame, it would have been bad.

Sept. 5 Michigan at Washington
Sept. 12 Ohio State at Oregon
Iowa State at Iowa
Penn State at Va. Tech
Sept. 19 App. State at Wisconsin
Sept. 26 Miami at Michigan State
Cincinnati at Nebraska
Oct. 3 Wisconsin vs. Notre Dame*
* at Lambeau Field

Even if just Conf games, Clemson will be fine.

Jul 9, 2020, 10:17 PM

If we only play Conference games we have the following teams on our schedule, which all are slated to be better in 2020. Yes, 2019 was dismal, but every team is projected to be better this year.

ND (Top 10 team).

Louisville - Finished 8-5 in first year under Satterfield. Expect 9 wins in the regular season. Top 20 end of season.

FSU - As long as Norvell hasn't lost the team yet (I think things are okay there, FWIW), I could see them win 8 games, 9 in they get a break. I could see them just inside the top 25 if things go well on the Offensive line for once.

NC State - Should be much improved and get back to 7-8 wins.

BC - Not expecting much, but 7 wins seems guaranteed for BC every year.

GT - Much improved but still rebuilding.

UVA - (Our cross over this year) Will be down this year, but still better than GT.

I could see us playing VT, Miami and/or Pitt during the season to make up the extra games. Possibly Duke or UNC, but VT and Miami seem most likely given our rotation. That would be a really solid schedule given what we know about projections and what is coming back for each team.

GT
Louisville
UVA
BC
FSU
NC State
Syracuse
ND
Wake

VT
Miami
Pitt

Championship game
UNC or VT

If we run the table, vs 2-3 top 25 teams, and several others that would be ranked inside the top 30-35, we're not getting left out of anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bad day is when

Jul 9, 2020, 11:03 PM

you get beat by the “coots”.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s doubtful that any colleges play out of conf

Jul 9, 2020, 11:31 PM

So everyone is looking at a 8-10 game schedule and there way at all to measure SOS against any other conference so basically it comes down to being undefeated and the eye-test. Clemson will be in if they have a CFP. I’m betting the CFP gets scrapped though.

Re: It’s doubtful that any colleges play out of conf

Jul 10, 2020, 12:01 AM

No they’ll have bowls and playoff, elections will be over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Did Tigerdug

Jul 10, 2020, 5:55 AM

Really just call Georgia, Florida , and Notre Dane 2nd tier teams? I’m not a fan of those teams but those are not 2nd tier teams. I do agree that undefeated Clemson would obviously be in the playoffs.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic