Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad News Gang....We Gotta Rename The State Too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Bad News Gang....We Gotta Rename The State Too

Jun 13, 2020, 7:25 PM

King Charles I, who South Carolina is named after was a supporter of slavery.

KING CHARLES I

Reigned 1625-49. The younger son of James I and Anne of Denmark, Charles inherited his father's belief in the 'Divine Right of Kings' and his mother's interest in the visual arts. He had a happy domestic life and was the greatest of all British royal art patrons and collectors. His dismissal of Parliament and personal rule, however, along with his imposition of taxes and attempts to impose religious uniformity led eventually to civil war. He was defeated and tried on the charge that he 'traitorously and maliciously levied war against the present Parliament and the people therein represented', and he was executed outside the Banqueting House, Whitehall, on 30 January 1649.
The royal family's support for the slave trade continued with Charles I. In 1632 he granted a licence to a syndicate of traders that gave them royal approval to transport enslaved Africans from Guinea. The removal of Charles I from the throne did not to alter the British participation in the slave trade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to Bust Your Bubble TDers This is Where We Are Headed***

Jun 13, 2020, 7:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry to Bust Your Bubble TDers This is Where We Are Headed***

Jun 13, 2020, 9:56 PM

How bout equilateral triangle or east Hawaii

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry to Bust Your Bubble TDers This is Where We Are Headed***

Jun 14, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Sorry to Bust Your Bubble TDers This is Where We Are Headed*** ]

Over-react much?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok

Jun 13, 2020, 8:53 PM

How about North Georgia?

Re: Bad News Gang....We Gotta Rename The State Too

Jun 13, 2020, 9:12 PM

How about changing the name to Oprahoma?

A state with the biggest German population will change it's name to Nazichusetts.

Washington DC will change it's name to honor local politicians. Will be named after former DC mayor Marion Barry and Rep John Dingell who holds the record for longest-ever serving member of Congress in American history, it will now be named;

Dingellbarry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 9:15 PM

You guys are really having a tough time changing a couple names honoring bad people.

actually I think they're having a hard time having their

Jun 14, 2020, 8:26 AM

arms twisted by the Political Mafia in a trumped up move that does little to change the nature of Racism that has occurred in the past, but seems to many to infer that Racism must exist now.

My suggestion: If Racism exists, identify it specifically and stamp it out. But if Racism only exists in the minds of those who can't get over the past, then get them therapy: the analogy being that is exactly what you would do if a woman complained of paranoia and fear just because her great-grandmother had once been raped.

Re: actually I think they're having a hard time having their

Jun 14, 2020, 12:59 PM

Well said

Re: actually I think they're having a hard time having their

Jun 14, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to actually I think they're having a hard time having their ]

This is a very good point. Thank you.

Yes, I mentioned that last week.

Jun 13, 2020, 10:25 PM

But I didn't mention changing "America" yet, but Amerigo Vespucci had his problems too.

Jun 13, 2020, 10:45 PM

Here are some really interesting facts the may have purposely been kept in the closet??

The first slave owners in this country were black people who had black slaves. And the Cherokee Indians meet with England and signed an agreement to recapture runaway slaves. They sold them , used them or returned them to their original master. Several Blacks owned black slaves. Blacks even fought on the side of the confederacy.

Just thought you may be interested in some facts I came across while studying about slavery.

Does this mean we have to rename Cherokee NC??

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHoaaaaaaaa whooaaaaa whoaa. Whoa

Jun 14, 2020, 5:29 AM

We're not dealing well with facts at the moment, only feelings.

Please come back at a later time.

Thank you for your cooperation as we attempt to accelerate our progress towards living in a real life version of the movie Idiocracy.

You are sooo butthurt. Funny.***

Jun 13, 2020, 10:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 7:13 AM

Charleston is named from his son, King Charles II.
And Carolina is Latin for Charles

Jun 14, 2020, 1:59 PM

Yep, just because they chose not to honor murderers, racists, and traitors to our country anymore, now everything has to be renamed. Yep, you nailed it.

Ooorrr, they can just quit honoring murderers, racists, and traitors to our country anymore, and stop there. Geez, it's a toss-up. What to do, what to do...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic