Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BURCH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

BURCH

Jan 27, 2020, 11:17 AM

Looks like Burch will probably sign with LSU according to Steve Wiltfong. Can’t wait to see the meltdown on FGF if this happens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meltdown will be nice to watch, but would actually

Jan 27, 2020, 11:18 AM

rather see him signing with an irrelevant team like uOFsc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meltdown will be nice to watch, but would actually

Jan 27, 2020, 11:22 AM

I agree, however I do enjoy seeing heartache with the Columbia group.

Re: Meltdown will be nice to watch, but would actually

Jan 27, 2020, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Meltdown will be nice to watch, but would actually ]

Id rather him go to LSU. No disrespect to the kid....a great prospect...but he has a long way to go to develop into a dominant player on the next level. He will play early at usuck. Anything to take momentum away from those ppl is fine with me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is an irrelevant team...

Jan 27, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Meltdown will be nice to watch, but would actually ]

Their 15 minutes of fame is up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LSU is an irrelevant team...

Jan 27, 2020, 1:17 PM

They know it as well. That's why they are all up in everyone's face about it. They are a 1 and done team that's about to be playing for bottom of the SEC West soon. At least they have Arkansas to beat up on in the near future. Seeing as Arkansas will not allow a new coach enough time to develop a team. My bet is they'll be fighting Miss State in a couple of years for 5th place in the West.

Re: LSU is an irrelevant team...

Jan 28, 2020, 5:38 PM

They know it as well. That's why they are all up in everyone's face about it. They are a 1 and done team that's about to be playing for bottom of the SEC West soon. At least they have Arkansas to beat up on in the near future. Seeing as Arkansas will not allow a new coach enough time to develop a team. My bet is they'll be fighting Miss State in a couple of years for 5th place in the West.

Doubtful. Les Miles held that team back for over a decade and they were still always more relevant than Miss St... They’ve gotten better every year since O. The fact that they played for 2 championships under Miles is just scary. Even Saban said his biggest regret was leaving LSU because of the monopoly on Louisiana talent they have.

I don’t know if it’s because you kids are young or because I’m an old die hard and not a band wagoner, but you’re coming off more insecure than they are. Not to mention misinformed, calling the second most successful school in the BCS/CFP era “one and done” and claiming they’ll be finishing 5th in the SEC west, something they’ve only done what... once in the last 20 years? Wish you knew what it was like to be a Clemson fan before 2015. It just takes ONE other team in the ACC to be good, or even slightly above average, to put our yearly playoff guarantee at risk. I wouldn’t say I’m nervous, but you young Clemson kids remind me of Bama fans except we don’t have the chips to back up the arrogance (yet).

Re: BURCH

Jan 27, 2020, 11:44 AM

Where will that #20 ranked class drop to if Burch de-coots? Asking for a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 11:58 AM

Not sure but it would put them behind 5 ACC teams.

Jan 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

I’m sorry but that’s just not possible. South Carolina by definition only signs SEC players which are automatically better than ACC players. Haven’t you heard? ??????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 12:02 PM

What’s funny is I guess all these coot fans been pulling for LSU for much lately that it must have rubbed off on Burch. Haha SEC SEC right so long as he’s SEC coots should be happy, that’s who they end up pulling for playoff time anyways! Go Clemson Tigers!!!

Jan 27, 2020, 12:16 PM

What’s funny is I guess all these coot fans been pulling for LSU for much lately that it must have rubbed off on Burch. Haha SEC SEC right so long as he’s SEC coots should be happy, that’s who they end up pulling for playoff time anyways! Go Clemson Tigers!!!

Burch's mom works for USCe, supports him going away. She, and everybody, knows that SC coach staff will change after next sesson.

Because of his mother's employment and where he lives he has had to be somewhat secretive of his plans. Apparently is not the prima donna clown some top players are. Visited LSU this weekend paying his own way.

LSU staff feels good about their chances. 50% or better LSU IMO.

Keep telling yourself that.

Jan 27, 2020, 12:47 PM

Whatever makes YOU feel better.

Burch is a mama's boy...

Jan 27, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

and while LSU is a bit better program than uof6c, you can't do anything to overcome the distance LSU would be from mama unless you move her to Red Stick and give her a job which, frankly, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe Odell has some more of that "fake" money (wink wink) to help Burch and his mom with the move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

what makes you think anyone cares what you have to say? Just go away.

Jan 27, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

Still packing away those benjamins?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not prima donna but his actions have definitely been

Jan 27, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

Glad to know you’re here still giving out

Jan 27, 2020, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

Psy BJ’s

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 3:40 AM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

Psybj why the hell are you still on this board. You suck and obviously so does your life go the f away

The meltdown will be glorious

Jan 27, 2020, 12:06 PM

Remember on the early signing day when he committed to the coots but didn't sign and every coot was saying it doesn't matter, his school won't let him enroll early so this is SOP? And sure, Muscoot had a bad year going 4-8 BUT LOOK AT THAT RECRUITING CLASS!

If Burch decoots then I say good for him and LOL at the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Burch has his mother and his HS coach in his ear...

Jan 27, 2020, 12:57 PM

both of whom are uof6c homers.

Poor kid. His biggest influences are putting their own self-serving interests ahead of what they know is best for the young man.

Are you able to say for sure that going out of state to

Jan 27, 2020, 1:08 PM

Baton Rouge Louisiana is what's best for the young man?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If the only other real alternative is...

Jan 27, 2020, 1:13 PM

is playing for CussChamp at uof6c, then yes.

It might have gone down this way

Jan 27, 2020, 12:18 PM

Burch was interested in playing for Clemson but decided to slow play everyone to get attention.

Clemson filled up at his position and cut him loose rather than play games.

He visited LSU and liked them but they THOUGHT they were full in early December.

LSU asks him to keep his options open just in case.

Burch verbally commits to SC on early signing day but signs nothing.

LSU wins NC and virtually every draft eligible player leaves town - some unexpectedly.

Coach O calls Burch and says "LOOKAH HEAH BWOI, we ain close to full as we's thinking we were once you was heah fo yo last veesit. How bout come back to the great state of lweesiana this weekend and have some chicken on a stick with ol Coach O? We can prolly scayuh you up one a dem skollaships if's you do"

Or something like that.

Anyhow he probably signs with LSU next week.

Re: It might have gone down this way

Jan 27, 2020, 12:27 PM

Lol, you sound just like Coach O. Probably exactly how it went down.

I think he's probably just likes the attention...

Jan 27, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to It might have gone down this way ]

and he's trying to create a buzz around his signing day where none currently exists.

Jan 27, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to It might have gone down this way ]

That was good.

Nah, I could actually kinda read that without translation,

Jan 27, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to It might have gone down this way ]

so could not a real transcript of the conversation. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to It might have gone down this way ]

Burch was interested in playing for Clemson but decided to slow play everyone to get attention.

Clemson filled up at his position and cut him loose rather than play games.

He visited LSU and liked them but they THOUGHT they were full in early December.

LSU asks him to keep his options open just in case.

Burch verbally commits to SC on early signing day but signs nothing.

LSU wins NC and virtually every draft eligible player leaves town - some unexpectedly.

Coach O calls Burch and says "LOOKAH HEAH BWOI, we ain close to full as we's thinking we were once you was heah fo yo last veesit. How bout come back to the great state of lweesiana this weekend and have some chicken on a stick with ol Coach O? We can prolly scayuh you up one a dem skollaships if's you do"

Or something like that.

Anyhow he probably signs with LSU next week.

You forgot Geaux tiguhs...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2020, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: BURCH -- from a #### board

Jan 27, 2020, 12:57 PM

Columbia (S.C.) Hammond five-star defensive end Jordan Burch did end up taking an unofficial visit LSU over the weekend. He arrived in Baton Rouge on Saturday and will depart later today. Obviously, the Tigers have a lot to sell coming off their national championship and have momentum as a program. He really liked his official visit to Baton Rouge earlier in the process and had them number two on his list when he chose the Gamecocks last month. However, the biggest reason he didn't choose LSU the first time around was distance from home and nothing has changed on that front. In the end, I think it is going to be difficult for Ed Orgeron and Co. to overcome that despite the number of positives they have going for them coming off the national championship.

Burch is scheduled to take an official visit to South Carolina this weekend, which will give the coaching staff the perfect opportunity to overcome any progress LSU makes with him this weekend. If somehow he does not take that visit, then I think there would be much more reason for concern. When Burch did not sign his NLI last month, most anticipated there would be another twist or turn in his recruitment before February 5, and this was the first so far this month. Nothing will be official until he signs his NLI next month, but I still feel relatively comfortable with where South Carolina stands with him even with him visiting LSU this weekend.

Jan 27, 2020, 2:18 PM

If he overcomes Mama, LSU. If not, coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH -- from a #### board ]

At his basketball game last Friday night , the opposing team started chanting his SAT score. No one could figure out what it meant until one of his friends let the secret out. Funny, he was on his way to LSU the next morning with his mama. He’s going to LSU and so is his mama. His qualifying score would not get him into Clemson

Jan 27, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: BURCH ]

Love it!

Jan 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

is DRAMA!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Burch has like 3 minutes of highlight film on youtube

Jan 28, 2020, 9:06 AM

clowney and bowers had over 10 minutes. lol. This guy, no bias, is the most overrated #1DE I have ever seen.

Doesn't really matter where he goes. KOREY FOREMAN

Jan 28, 2020, 5:22 PM

We are not recruiting him anymore due to his sat score. It was less than half was it currently takes for a normal student to get into Clemson.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic