Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BRETFSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,974

BRETFSU...

Nov 11, 2020, 12:31 PM

Didn't think things to get any worse and reading the team has lost 3 players for the season, 2 on offense and 1 on defense. Definitely fill your pain. Was hoping you guys would have been at 100 percent when the teams meet next week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BRETFSU...

Nov 11, 2020, 12:38 PM

There is the potential that we could be without even MORE players vs FSU than we have been the last two games.

I do not wish for anybody to be injured for any team, but Clemson could use a weaker opponent with our already beaten up team to get some reserve reserves a little more playing time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will give up three weeks to get healthy. We need it.***

Nov 11, 2020, 12:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dittoes Re: BRETFSU...

Nov 11, 2020, 12:50 PM

Bret’s a solid fan and adds to this board. (Okay, I’m fairly new to tnet since retiring in ‘15, so I’m assuming he’s a supporter of his ‘Noles and an NCAAF fan in general - thus my thinking is he wasn’t cootish when they owned us and the ACC prior).

Hate that his team is in a funk, but pretty sure his happiness isn’t defined by things beyond his control, though.

As for the FSU game, our Tigers need to 1) get healthy; and 2) start tuning/turning it up for championship season. Depending on who all is back by 21 November, however, I think they may be in for a serious dose of ‘#2’ above.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Dittoes Re: BRETFSU...

Nov 11, 2020, 12:55 PM

bretfsu®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a Clemson fan pretending to be (or used to be)

Nov 11, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Dittoes Re: BRETFSU... ]

an FSU fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's a Clemson fan pretending to be (or used to be)

Nov 11, 2020, 1:21 PM

Now, THAT'S funny.

I just don't want folks to think I'm a bandwagon jumper and only like Clemson because they are winning. Clemson is a class program. When they fired Tommy, which was certainly justifiable, everyone (including not only the Clemson administration, but also Tommy Bowden, Dabo Swinney and even Bobby Bowden) handled it very professionally. Clemson played FSU shortly after the firing and Dabo and Bobby had a conversation and Bobby told him not to worry about Tommy or think that anybody thought Dabo stabbed tommy in the back. He gave him very encouraging words before the FSU game.

Re: BRETFSU...

Nov 11, 2020, 1:16 PM

Yeah, it is bad.

Marvin Wilson, for whatever reason, has been a huge disappointment. Could be injury, but just as likely it is his attitude. He's the guy who called Mike Norvell a liar on social media this summer.

Tamorian Terry has been a head case and attitude problem since he stepped on campus.

Love-Taylor is unfortunate. He was probably our best OL but injury has slowed him down.

Things are bad, worse than we thought they would be last summer. A combination of athletes not being as good as anybody thought they were, attitudes being worse than we thought they were, and COVID keeping the coaches from changing the culture.

Hopefully it isn't coaching. But, I will tell you my situation: I still have confidence in Norvell and the offensive side of the coaching staff. But, my Faith Tank in the defense (Adam Fuller is the DC, so I call it my Fuller Faith Tank) is running on fumes right now.

Thanks for the kind words.

What FSU board do you post/recommend for reading up

Nov 11, 2020, 1:32 PM

on FSU? The only free board I've found is theterritory.org - is there another free site or are the good sites all behind pay walls?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What FSU board do you post/recommend for reading up

Nov 11, 2020, 2:17 PM

I don't know of one that meets your description.

Biggest one, buy far, is warchant.com. You can get some free videos from them, but unless you are a member of rivals.com I think there message board is behind a paywall.

theterritory.org was where I cut my teeth on the internet. Way back in the 90s - before there was rivals.com, the two big sites were warchant ant theterritory. (It was originally called Seminole Territory, but FSU made them drop Seminole for copywrite purposes.)

I post on a private board that requires an invitation.

We split off from theterritory for purely political reasons. theterritory became overrun with a bunch of flaming libs, way back in the early 2000s or even late 1990s. We had a political board, but the political posts became more and more prevalent on the football board. (I assure you that any political disagreements y'all have on Tigernet would be considered very mild disagreements on theterritory. I know a couple of people who still post there and they say it was amazingly vicious this summer. (Several people called for Norvell to immediately be fired when Wilson accused him of lying this summer.)

If anybody here would like to join the board I post on, I'd be glad to extend the invitation. I'd do it with these two cautions:
1. If you are just looking for info on the game this year, I wouldn't bother.
a. You're gonna beat us as bad as you want. You need no info. I'll be glad to post some info next week. If you want more info, go to youtube.com and search "warchant florida state." I'm listening to a video with 4 guys whose job it is to follow FSU football (all full time employees of warchant.com) talk about us losing those players. They do a good job analyzing the upcoming game every week.
b. The board I post on has two things in common - FSU fans and political conservativism. The board split off from the territory for that reason. One guy said if there was enough interest he would start an invitation only board. We've only got about 100 members. Right now, most of the members are extremely disappointed. We aren't as vitriolic as SC fans are, but this year is disappointing, to say the least.

Re: What FSU board do you post/recommend for reading up

Nov 11, 2020, 2:59 PM

I hope FSU becomes relevant again. I always liked Coach Bowden and admired his sustained success. The FSU campus is really nice with all the brick buildings, live oaks and close proximity to the Gulf with good oysters and fishing. Hope to make it back down there in 2 years. Seeing what has happened to FSU makes me appreciate the Clemson program. We should NOT take it for granted.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will take awhile for Norvell to change that culture.

Nov 11, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: BRETFSU... ]

First off, it has to WANT to be changed. The Thugism may be so deeply ingrained that he can't root it out. That would be a shame, I think he is a bright young coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,974
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic