Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BB and recruiting at Clemson. Look at this-recruits came but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,500

BB and recruiting at Clemson. Look at this-recruits came but

Mar 13, 2017, 8:11 PM

then what? One could argue BB has had 4-5 four star recruits with nothing to show.

So if you think Clemson cannot attract top players and Clemson is not a basketball school and all these other excuses we make for teams under his leadership that have not made it ever to the TOP 25 ranking or a single NCAA tourney game in 6-7 recruiting years:

4 Star Prospects on our current roster:
Blossongame 4 star by ESPN, Donte Grantham 4 Star, Shelton Mitchell 4 Star and top 15 point guard, Ty Hudson 4 Star and #14 point guard in nation by ESPN, and Thomas was #6 center by 247-consensus top 50 and #31 overall by ESPN and #2 center from Texas.

3 Star Prospects: Djitte and Devoe

So in looking at this we have like 4-5 four star guys. We have two 3 star guys. What happened Coach?

Now you then really have to question the rest of roster and future. The white boy never play crew of Davis, Fields, McGillan, Skara never see the court and never will but they get our GPA numbers up. None of them are helpful. And you have Anthony Oliver son of the girls basketball coach. Cmon. Should we question the use and purpose of these 5 roster spots (at least two are walk-ons)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BB and recruiting at Clemson. Look at this-recruits came but

Mar 13, 2017, 8:13 PM

Who cares about graduation?

Mar 14, 2017, 6:53 PM

Alumni do little Chicken troll

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 13, 2017, 8:17 PM

apparently you don't realize skara is a transfer, sitting out this year. and that Oliver is a 3-4 star, top 100-ish recruit (depending on which ranking you look at). folks can make cases for/against BB.. ..that's OK. but please get your facts straight, either way.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2017, 8:20 PM

None of them are impact players who can make major contributions next year. Brownell has to start winning now and cant wait for the incoming freshmen to mature in three years.

Mar 13, 2017, 8:23 PM

masked you are talkibg to the moron coachmac who is a coward that changed his handle to i guess feel like he was relevant. dont waste your time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:He is far from an idiot. Is that the best that you can

Mar 13, 2017, 9:10 PM

come with Goober?

Masked you are correct Oliver is a 4 Star candidate

Mar 13, 2017, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: BB and recruiting at Clemson. Look at this-recruits came but ]

from Daniel High and I hope we are not counting on Skara from Valparaiso. Skara averaged 6 points each of two years and I predict will never produce even next year when he can actually play.

Overall, I conclude we have many 4 STAR recruits all over his team and we have no wins to get in a NCAA tourney or in a top 25 ranking in over 6 YEARS! And 1/3 of roster we have to question if BB put them on team or the President or Big Dan. Seems like we have roster spots for ones that will never be counted on to win us games.

When white boy GPA foursome on bench contributes to make us a top 25 team or NCAA tourney team feel free to tell me I am wrong then. But until then are we having roster spots to improve our basketball or GPA?

Re: Masked you are correct Oliver is a 4 Star candidate

Mar 13, 2017, 8:43 PM

shelton mitchell av 4.3 ppg and 3.3 assists at vandy. will skara make a similar jump? doubtful but who knows? certainly he can push donte and give us depth there so we don't have to go 3 Gs when donte isn't in the game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skara is a 4 and the likely starter tgere

Mar 13, 2017, 9:13 PM

as of now, not a 3 like Grantham. Skara didn't start in two years at Valpo.

Sure he could make a huge leap. But right now except for Thomas our front court looks anemic next year. Thomas, Robertin, Skara and two raw freshmen.

Re: Amen brother.***

Mar 13, 2017, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Masked you are correct Oliver is a 4 Star candidate ]

Mar 13, 2017, 8:51 PM

Never heard such crying from grown men since Hillary blew it down her leg. Get over it. Watch baseball and stop stressing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Common sense post but that wouldn't help the agenda.***

Mar 14, 2017, 7:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget about "stars" in basketball ... look at who offered

Mar 13, 2017, 9:05 PM

A player like Milton Jennings gets 5 stars and McDonalds AA and yet Duke and UNC did not offer.

Jaron Blossomgame and Donte Grantham had 4 stars but no offers from the top ACC schools that Clemson competes against.

Unless we get a sniff from guys who have offers from UNC, Duke, or even NC State or Wake, the "star" rating is not particularly relevant.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent point

Mar 13, 2017, 9:18 PM

I don't expect us to compete with Dook or the holes in recruiting. I do expect to sign guys with ACC/SEC offers though. Those have been few and far between.

Re: Excellent point ... yep

Mar 14, 2017, 7:41 PM

We don't even sign guys who were courtd by NC State and / or Wake Forest.

I think Simms had a VT offer***

Mar 14, 2017, 7:50 PM

Simms had some really good offers

Mar 14, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Excellent point ... yep ]

VT, ND, Pitt, Miami

William was offered by WV

Oliver committed so early he's not a good barometer

Trapp was a mid major target but I actually love his athleticism. Just really raw

Re: Forget about "stars" in basketball ... look at who offered

Mar 13, 2017, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Forget about "stars" in basketball ... look at who offered ]

I agree about looking at other offers instead of stars, but I don't think you gave the best examples. You can't just say did Duke or UNC offer or a few other specific schools. Teams only have a handful of spots each year. They can't offer every good player

Jennings was class of 2009 and had an offer from Florida, who won the championship in 2006 and 2007. Grantham had plenty of good offers -- Louisville, Michigan, West Virginia, Texas, Cincinnati, UConn.
Blossomgame was a good example. He was 3-4 stars and 100ish ranking, but Wichita St was his only other decent offer.

Re: Forget about "stars" in basketball ... look at who offered

Mar 13, 2017, 10:03 PM

I guess I should add VCU as a decent offer for Blossomgame, but that's still not much.

Okay, but ...

Mar 14, 2017, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Forget about "stars" in basketball ... look at who offered ]

I'd at least like to see us get kids who receive offers from Wake Forest and NC State, even if we can't expect to go after the guys that UNC and Duke take.

These are the teams we recruit against and the teams have to beat on a regular basis to find a spot in the upper third of the confrence.

Almost none of our better players over the years have been kids who had serious offers from even NC State, or Wake, let alone Duke and UNC.

our problem is not personnel it's coaching

Mar 13, 2017, 10:41 PM

if you don't have the correct players on the floor at the right time ,you will continue to lose close games,miss tournament, under achieve,let coots get ahead of you,like getting Zion, BB is a lame Duck & we need to replace him to move forward

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our problem is not personnel it's coaching

Mar 13, 2017, 10:47 PM

Tell that to Drad.

You guys need to make up your minds.

Mar 13, 2017, 11:50 PM

First you say he can't recruit, now you say he's loaded with talent. Which is it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Depends on which argument is being used to fire BB

Mar 14, 2017, 12:00 AM

Can't recruit the talent needed to win a championship

or

Can't the develop the talent recruited to win the championship

I'm sure there are others but it's getting late.

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic