Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BAMA AD tweet...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

BAMA AD tweet...

Aug 17, 2020, 12:12 PM

https://twitter.com/Greg_Byrne/status/1295109367201705984?s=20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

they are just peacefully protesting***

Aug 17, 2020, 12:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they are just peacefully protesting***

Aug 17, 2020, 12:30 PM

Not enough broken glass, overturned vehicles, and fire to be "peaceful."??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Greg McElroy said that this was at a bar/restaurant downtown

Aug 17, 2020, 12:35 PM

For what it's worth.

But it's ok because there were protests last month...

Aug 17, 2020, 12:40 PM

so everyone should just flock to bars / restaurants ignore all protocols then complain about football being cancelled.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not me, I won't go to bars. I'll drink alone.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:05 PM

But how are you going to get college students to social distance? How does Rush week work? How do you keep the GDI's from partying?

The bigger problem is

Aug 17, 2020, 1:25 PM

How do we get players to social distance?

Re: The bigger problem is

Aug 17, 2020, 1:46 PM

The players can constantly be tested. They won't be social distancing obviously, so they will test them constantly.

Obviously

Aug 17, 2020, 2:04 PM

I thought it was obvious. That was the point in saying it; athletes won't be social distancing or wearing masks, so their risk of transmitting or receiving the virus is the same regardless of mask wearing in the public. It doesn't make sense to think football players won't get the virus if more people were wearing masks. Even if masks "get the virus under control", masks still don't prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. So obviously we can't expect that football players, with no mask or distancing, won't contract the virus. The only way to be (relatively) sure no athletes will contract the virus is to either completely eradicate the virus, or place the players and coaches in a 24/7 insulated bubble.

Spot the gosh darn ball already.

haha...

Aug 17, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Not me, I won't go to bars. I'll drink alone. ]

I do get what you are saying. I am not saying it will be easy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your own personal bong?***

Aug 17, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Not me, I won't go to bars. I'll drink alone. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bars / Restaurants -

Aug 17, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to But it's ok because there were protests last month... ]

No correlation to playing football. Mask/no masks - no correlation to playing college football.

If the case rate is 100 per day in your town, or whether it's 300, the risk of a player contracting the virus is the same. Whether or not 100% of people are wearing masks, and whether or not people go to bars and restaurants, it will not change the fact athletes will contract the virus. The only way to be relatively sure college football players won't catch the virus is to keep them insulated in bubbles, 100% of the time. No classes. No going out in public.

I think the Trump pandemic team disagrees with you...

Aug 17, 2020, 3:12 PM

there is a lot of data out there now that supports these protocols, too.

Trump has never disagreed with these protocols.

Aug 17, 2020, 6:09 PM

Months and months ago, he called on governors and local governments to proceed with implementing protocols they saw fit in their states and communities.

Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread

Aug 17, 2020, 12:38 PM

that being said, one stupid thing doesn't make another stupid thing smart.

Whataboutism is a terrible way to argue, in general.

I want football and if I was in the USA I would wear the stupid mask and social distance to HELP my cause. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?

Re: Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread

Aug 17, 2020, 12:54 PM

Nothing, some of us have just decided to move on with our lives at different points. This has dragged on long enough. Once you decide to move on with your life, can you guarantee no more infections or deaths? Will you be moving on at exactly the right point some how? We just disagree, I’m done with this whole thing. Gave it a shot in March April May.

Re: Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread

Aug 17, 2020, 1:00 PM

Move on with your life? Seriously?

Nobody is asking you to be quarantined in your home or not go to work. Just wear a mask.

Newsflash

Aug 17, 2020, 1:28 PM

You are at risk to contract the virus or spread the virus, the minute you walk out of your door.

Good for you but the world doesn’t care

Aug 17, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread ]

Attitudes like these college students are going to end up getting the football season canceled if nor modified. If infection rates skyrocket on campuses there will be no fall football no matter what your opinions on the situation are. You can either accept that or be part of the reason why Clemson doesn’t win the 2020 national championship.

People are going to contract the virus on college

Aug 17, 2020, 1:24 PM

campuses and in sports. Period. People need to understand we cannot play football thinking no players will get the virus. Once a player gets it, then his risk to others is identical regardless of transmission rate in the general public.

Re: People are going to contract the virus on college

Aug 17, 2020, 1:49 PM

That's why they are tested constantly. If player contracts it he will be isolated.

I get your point but what's this got to do with being

Aug 17, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread ]

responsible by wearing masks and social distancing for a while. Don't we all want the same things here?

i'm sorry to tell you, but the argument of masks and

Aug 17, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread ]

getting a respiratory virus under control in order to resume normal life and play sports - that's the epitome of a "whataboutism argument".

Huh?

Aug 17, 2020, 3:05 PM

Not at all correct.

Please explain.***

Aug 17, 2020, 6:03 PM

I don't think you understand what

Aug 17, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to i'm sorry to tell you, but the argument of masks and ]

a whataboutism argument is.

Whataboutism IS a great way to point out hypocrisy,

Aug 17, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Protesting was not smart regarding the virus spread ]

but you're right, it can't make up the bones of an argument

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These people have zero impact on whether or not

Aug 17, 2020, 1:19 PM

college football is played. Wearing a mask to theoretically "get the virus under control" has no correlation to playing sports.

I respectfully disagree...

Aug 17, 2020, 3:08 PM

The students definitely need to social distance and wear masks because I believe it can impact whether we start/finish the season. And I think we can agree that we do want football in the fall right?

Are we still debating the effectiveness of these protocols though? I really hope not.

Let's try this another way.

Aug 17, 2020, 6:06 PM

If 100% of students wear masks, how will that eliminate the risk of transmitting the virus on a football field?

Re: Let's try this another way.

Aug 17, 2020, 6:15 PM

It doesn't eliminate it but can reduce the chances another student/player is infected. Are the football players doing virtual classes? Are they having seperate classess? If student cases skyrocket it will increase the chances a player gets it. Classes will be shut down and football could follow if rate goes up.

Message was edited by: djones73®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Increase, decrease, whatever...

Aug 17, 2020, 6:39 PM

Athletes playing sports are at risk of contracting the virus. The end.

That smile in your user icon is awesome.***

Aug 17, 2020, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic