Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attaboy Joe #2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Attaboy Joe #2

Jan 23, 2021, 10:26 AM

Bald-faced liar

https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1352756378314665987?s=21

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Not a gotcha.

Jan 23, 2021, 10:44 AM

The headlines are deceptive. Biden said before the election that he would try to stop new fracking while not banning existing fracking operations. If you look behind those headlines, that situation hasn't changed.

For instance, note the word "new" here:

Speaking at the White House Tuesday night, Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed President Biden will follow through with campaign promises to ban new fracking on federal land.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/01/20/biden-administration-yes-we-are-following-through-with-a-fracking-ban-n2583476

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I object your honor

Jan 23, 2021, 10:55 AM

Council is using facts and reason. I would like the entire article, minus the headline, stricken from the record.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just got hosed. Need to read the article.***

Jan 23, 2021, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deceptive explanation. The govt can't back out on a contract

Jan 23, 2021, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Not a gotcha. ]

As the existing contracts expire, no more. If that is not banning, what is it?

The article didn't claim the govt was going to illegally renege on its contracts. The article was correct, the headline accurate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The claim is

Jan 23, 2021, 2:35 PM

that Biden said one thing before the election and something different after.

I think I understand your point, but it doesn't create a gotcha as long as Biden's statements remain consistent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

He did.***

Jan 23, 2021, 4:55 PM

Re: Attaboy Joe #2

Jan 23, 2021, 4:29 PM

You, simpletons, need to read something other than far-right tweets.....geez, you'll fall for anything.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2021/01/21/did-biden-break-campaign-promise-on-fracking-no-heres-why/?sh=11f4ca3675a2

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attaboy Joe #2

Jan 23, 2021, 7:03 PM

come on guys, you know how this works. They cry when their guy is in office, they cry even more when he is not. At best we will get the occasional thread about Nicky Haley running in 2024. The rest will be a continual avalanche of BS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic