Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At this point there's no real reason to play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

At this point there's no real reason to play

Dec 8, 2020, 2:51 PM

conference championship games. The 4 best teams in the country are, in no particular order, Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Florida. Just seed them 1-4 for the playoffs and let's get it going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I have no idea why you would put Florida ahead of...

Dec 8, 2020, 2:54 PM

Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I have no idea why you would put Florida ahead of...

Dec 8, 2020, 3:33 PM

Let's be real here, it is the same guy that thinks his team has a shot at a bowl game every year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point there's no real reason to play

Dec 8, 2020, 2:55 PM

Ryan Ghey, the HC of O Cry O St. might take umbrage to your wildly erroneous assumption on who the four best teams are and furthermore he might present evidence of his tears which would make it extra true........

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 2:57 PM

I would imagine that it would be

1) Alabama vs 4) Florida

and

2) Notre Dame vs 3) Clemson

In other words the conference championship games would just be moved into the playoffs. The SEC and the ACC might not like that idea, but it would save time and it would be two less games that would put those teams in jeopardy, so to speak.

Dec 8, 2020, 3:08 PM

The reality of the Tigers playing ND a third time is not beyond the realm of possibility.

But there's no reason to. He's right, just let the

Dec 8, 2020, 3:13 PM

conference championship games also be the semi finals, winners play for the natty. Nobody else even needs to be considered for the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: But there's no reason to. He's right, just let the

Dec 8, 2020, 3:52 PM

I would rather see the championship games and then arrange the top 4 so that we get ACC - SEC semifinals - with the possibility of an all ACC Natty.

Dec 8, 2020, 3:14 PM

Some people in College Station Texas might argue that seeding of Florida.

I have no idea why you would put Texas A&M ahead of...

Dec 8, 2020, 3:15 PM

Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well then they shouldn't have lost by 28 to Bama.

Dec 8, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: At this point there's no real reason to play ]

Had they played Bama close on the road like Clemson did ND, then it's a different story, but they got blown out and only beat Florida by 3 (in College Station).

This plan sounds almost exactly like what was suggested by

Dec 8, 2020, 3:21 PM

Judge Keller® before the season started.

Except for the part about the best teams, and, oh yeah, having a regular season, conference championship games and CFP games.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why can't you just be happy for our team?***

Dec 8, 2020, 4:00 PM

I hate to see anyone suffer.

Dec 8, 2020, 4:12 PM

Except your beloved cocks of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I'd rather blow out ND twice. That would be fun***

Dec 8, 2020, 3:23 PM

It would be fun, but after we blow them out

Dec 8, 2020, 3:47 PM

next weekend they will not make the playoffs.

Dec 8, 2020, 4:00 PM

What if a key player on one of the two teams that wins in the conference championship games got hurt in the 3rd quarter and a big lead ended up a close win. The injured player won’t return for the playoffs. Would the committee try to project the future and penalize a winning team by leaving them out of the CFP?

In that scenario...

Dec 8, 2020, 4:01 PM

Clemson still wins the National Championship with ease.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic