Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ratface!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Ratface!

Dec 9, 2020, 10:26 PM

I guess a couple of losses early in the season and not getting to the Final Four with top recruits are enough reasons for big bad coach k to use this virus as an excuse to tuck his tail and run the other way.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2020/12/09/should-college-basketball-shut-it-down-dukes-coach-k-says-its-time-to-reassess-playing-during-pandemic/?sh=17d79aa87c71

Just added reason for me to dislike this guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ratface!

Dec 9, 2020, 10:36 PM

More like Frank Burns illegitimate son.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:44 PM

Yeah I’m sure had he not had his behind handed to him a couple times already, he would be chirping a different tune.

At least it wasn’t back problems this time.***

Dec 9, 2020, 10:47 PM

Re: At least it wasn’t back problems this time.***

Dec 10, 2020, 7:39 AM

If he doesn't get his way, don't rule it out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Kribaby!***

Dec 9, 2020, 11:09 PM

Dec 9, 2020, 11:18 PM

Who would have thought Clemson is 2-0 vs. Big 10, while Duke is 0-2 vs. Big 10.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's such a weasel

Dec 10, 2020, 5:27 AM

i cant imagine someone hasnt punched him in his rat face at least once in his life.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

The guys on espn were just poking fun at him.***

Dec 10, 2020, 7:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The guys on espn were just poking fun at him.***

Dec 10, 2020, 7:37 AM

Wow, when K has lost ESPN......

Dec 10, 2020, 7:49 AM

I don’t think it’s because he lost. I think it’s probably because he knows his team, and the thing that sold me that it wasn’t just a case of “I’ll take my ball and go home when I’m getting destroyed” is when he mentioned about letting players go home for Christmas. He didn’t mention about practice or lack of training time being the reasons for stopping the season right now when he said that. He also acknowledged that he just got his butt kicked, so people wouldn’t believe him most likely would believe him because of that, so he’s certainly self aware of the optics of it. But then he said that it might be best for players be allowed to go home for Christmas for mental health reasons, I actually agree with that. Of course, it truly could be he just realizes his team might be a stinker, but I don’t think it’s that. Love him or hate him, he’s the best college basketball coach in history, and even when he has a subpar team, I think his coaching alone accounts for probably 3-5 wins his teams wouldn’t have otherwise. Also, love him or hate him, I don’t think there is any questions that he truly cares about his players. Despite all the cussing and stomping he’s done over the years, I think he’s demonstrated, at least publicly (and the publicly part is all I can speak to because I’m certainly not privy to the behind the scenes actions) that he really does care about his players. Therefore, I don’t think he’s trying to run from a stinky season. Naturally, I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am.

I agree he is concerned about his players...

Dec 10, 2020, 8:30 AM

but losing tends to force you put things in perspective. Surely he understands the downside of not playing in terms of money to athletics and maybe he should opt out on his own...for his team's sake. If they stop playing, I doubt they will begin again.

I'll add, I always put basketball coaches in two categories...Pre-3 point shot and 3 point shot era...he's the most successful in the 3 point era.

As for his players, I know he cares about them but I heard a first hand story several year ago when John Calipari was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame regarding Coach K. One of his former players was in attendance (he's on ESPN radio every single morning) and said he was blown away that Calipari has like 50-70 guys (from all of his jobs) there on stage with him to celebrate. The player said Coach K couldnt get 5 guys to stand on stage with him. That says alot.

Re: I agree he is concerned about his players...

Dec 10, 2020, 9:19 AM

Virtually all coaches "care" about their players - especially to the point of insuring their folks get taken care of. Is it the chicken or the egg. Good coach because of history of getting good players, or does he improve their performances ? Obviously the biggest "cry baby" in all of sports. Focus on him on any game time out as hustles the officials. This is another excuse message from him under the guise of "I'm concerned" - yeh about your teams losses and season.

Does anyone think there is actually a chance that he is

Dec 10, 2020, 9:26 AM

pulling a Spurrier and finally losing it in his old age? I've never really seen it happen to a well known coach in college basketball. (Unless you go all the way back to Frank MacGuire, who also happened to coach at Cooterville.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic