Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hate the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Any bowl that is the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

I really hate the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Any bowl that is the

Dec 26, 2012, 10:56 PM

name of the sponsor, instead of a real name is rinky dink. I hope the Chick-fil-A doesn't worm its way into the big bowl rotation with the new playoff.

And the worst thing about this bowl is we've been to it 19 times and played in the same venue for two additional regular season games. Suck for the players and fans. And Atlanta is nothing new for our team or fans. Good lord we play a regular season game there every other year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want you to think I'm simply patronizing you but

Dec 26, 2012, 11:05 PM

I know of a 1-800 hotline that might help you feel better about things; they certainly did for me. I think Franc is one of the operators.

Glad Franc was able to help you, sounds like you

Dec 26, 2012, 11:16 PM

needed it.

Disagree. They do a good job at the bowl. It is one of the

Dec 26, 2012, 11:07 PM

bigger bowls and Atlanta is a destination city for the kickoff classic, the CFA bowl, and the SEC championship. Once the college football hall of fame opens there it will be even a bigger destination.

Yes, Clemson has played there 19 times but it is not the CFA bowl's fault. Clemson used to go to the Gator a lot but John "Bozo the Clown" Swofford lost the Gator. So now the big ACC bowl after the Orange is the CFA which matches up with the SEC which is a better match than any Big East team. We have gone so many times because during the Bowden years we were not good enough to go anywhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to this bowl many times. How do they do a

Dec 26, 2012, 11:21 PM

better job? You can pay to go to the fan fest which is the same as every fan fest at every bowl, then they take up your ticket when you walk in the dome and you watch the game. I don't see how the Bowl does any more than any other bowl. And how is Atlanta a destination city for Clemson fans. First of all, I live in Atlanta and I often wonder what the attraction is, especially in December.

Sell outs with good matchups. As for your claim that

Dec 27, 2012, 7:47 AM

the bowl doesn't carry its original name, well very few outside the BCS bowls do so anymore. Shoot, even the BCS bowls also list the sponsor with the original name.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suck it up. Not a bad bowl, nor opponent, nor payout.***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:16 PM

We've been to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl 19 times. REALLY!?!?!

Dec 26, 2012, 11:22 PM

Gosh. We are playing a top 10 team. THIS IS A GREAT BOWL GAME!!!!

I'll put it slightly above the Humanitarian or the Blue

Dec 26, 2012, 11:29 PM

bonnett bowls. Just sayin.

Question: If we happened to win the ACC,would you have

Dec 26, 2012, 11:31 PM

been happier playing in the Orangebowl this year,or CFA bowl against LSU?

That's easy. Orange Bowl, beat NI and finish in the top

Dec 26, 2012, 11:34 PM

12 maybe top-10. Better the Orange than got to Chicken Restaurant Bowl and get beat by LSU and probably drop out of the top 20. Much rather have a new Orange Bowl trophy and top-12 finish.

Re: That's easy. Orange Bowl, beat NI and finish in the top

Dec 26, 2012, 11:36 PM

You'll be the first one to comment on how we only beat NI. Pathetic bro.

"bro"?***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:39 PM

Re: "bro"?***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:40 PM

you prefer a**clown then

Prolly A$$ Hat works better***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:41 PM

Anything but "bro"***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "bro"?*** ]

Dooooosh it is, then.***

Dec 27, 2012, 4:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

And if we lose to NI? Don't think we will,but i see more

Dec 26, 2012, 11:39 PM [ in reply to That's easy. Orange Bowl, beat NI and finish in the top ]

promise for this team if they do beat LSU.

We would not lose to NI and beating LSU is not going to

Dec 26, 2012, 11:41 PM

happen.

Then don't go or watch it on TV then.***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:43 PM

Well I'm definitely not going. I don't know about TV.***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:45 PM

Re: We would not lose to NI and beating LSU is not going to

Dec 27, 2012, 9:23 AM [ in reply to We would not lose to NI and beating LSU is not going to ]

Well, I guess we should just pack up our bags and leave. Don't play the game because we are going to lose according to you! Maybe you should go watch FSU beat up on NIU at the Orange Bowl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what if we lose to LSU and drop from the top 20,we'll

Dec 26, 2012, 11:42 PM [ in reply to That's easy. Orange Bowl, beat NI and finish in the top ]

still be pre-season top 12 ranked next season.

I Just Have One Question

Dec 26, 2012, 11:44 PM [ in reply to That's easy. Orange Bowl, beat NI and finish in the top ]

Are you over 12 years old? Don't you need parental permission to be on this board. Or R U a Coot?

Re: I really hate the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Any bowl that is the

Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 PM

Hey , why dont ya call Auburn and ask if they would like to be in Atlanta..lol.. get a life.. we are bowling.. thank goodness.

Dec 26, 2012, 11:35 PM

Yeah bad bowl, thats why over 72,000 go to watch it every year a**clown. ACC vs SEC, yeah bad bowl. The Outback or the Capitol One bowl dont have near that attendance half the time. It's your opinion, but a dumb one I must say. Go Tigers.

Dec 26, 2012, 11:46 PM

If we can win this game, I will be super happy. We had our chance for the BCS and blew it. We certainly don't deserve anything higher. We are playing a top ten team. If we show up and play, a win would be huge!!! We have another great opportunity here. We have a national audience here. The only game being played at this time. We really need to win!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

But it's CHICK FIL A. How can you not love chicken sandwhiches?!

Dec 27, 2012, 1:07 AM

Chick-fil-A and Clemson football, two of my favorite things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 27, 2012, 4:21 AM

So using your logic,I guess you hate the Discover Orange Bowl,the Vizio Rose Bowl,the Capital One or Outback Bowl.In fact I would think that you would hate all the bowls sice they all use a rinky dink sponsor.
Oh,and if you want a better bowl,find out a way to win 11,or 12 games instead of 10.Just winning the coot game would have thrown us into us into the mix for the ALLstate Sugar Bowl.
Or maybe it's the State Farm Sugar Bowl.I can't remember.They both sell insurance so I guess it don't really matter?

Dec 27, 2012, 8:10 AM

That's what I'm talkin about.

I am going to type real slow for you:

Dec 27, 2012, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I really hate the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Any bowl that is the ]

Again, any bowl that uses the sponsor name as the name of the bowl instead of a real name is rinky dink. Which of these things is different from the others? Which of these things just doesn't belong. Let's see if you can tell the difference:

Discover orange Bowl
Vizio Rose Bowl
AllState Sugar Bowl
Chick-Fil-a Bowl

There is no bowl name but the sponsor name for Chick-fil-A Bowl. And Capital One and Outback are in the same category as the Chick-Fil-A. When you have nothing but a sponsor name, it sounds tacky.

wah! wah! wah! quit you bichin'.......

Dec 27, 2012, 6:32 AM

Every bowl nowadays has a sponsor of some measure financially. Play great and you get a a great bowl play average you get an average bowl. We had a a very good year (so far) and have a worthy opponent in a very good bowl. I'm sick of the feeble minded complainers on this board.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:08 AM

You have problems. Support the team! And by the way, the Chic fil a bowl is as good as any bowl going that's not a BCS bowl.

Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 AM

Disagree with the poster, the Chick-Fil-A Bowl has come a long ways since it's days as the Peach Bowl. This is a good bowl game and if you guys beat LSU, then you have a chance to earn the respect you deserve. Good luck!

Your "really hate" list must be a long one***

Dec 27, 2012, 9:01 AM

Sorry...meant this for the original poster***

Dec 27, 2012, 9:03 AM

Dec 27, 2012, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I really hate the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Any bowl that is the ]

Thanks, bamabanana, and I hope the Crimson Tide rolls over ND by about 30 points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought we were playing in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl?***

Dec 27, 2012, 9:07 AM

You thought wrong***

Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

Dec 27, 2012, 9:19 AM

Clemson81to85, I read most of your comments below until I determined that you do need help. Perhaps you would prefer a bowl where you could travel some distance and be in a beautiful setting, like the Hawaii Bowl, you could get really good tickets and sit with both of the other Clemson fans that would travel that far! I lived in Alpharetta for 11 years, and besides the traffic, my wife and I loved it there. Lots of things to do! The CFA is a fine bowl game which fits us well. Clemson fans from all over the South can travel to this bowl game after buying tickets on StubHub for half the price of the tickets forced on the participating schools.

As opposed to the Discover Orange Bowl, the Allstate Sugar

Dec 27, 2012, 9:26 AM

Bowl, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, the Rose Bowl presented by Vizio, the AT&T Cotton Bowl, the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, etc? The only bowl without a sponsor in the name is the Heart of Dallas Bowl, so it must be the only non-rinky dink bowl in your opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you really that slow? You just proved my point. All of

Dec 27, 2012, 11:20 AM

those bowls have actual bowl names in addition to the sponsor. You didn't notice a difference between the name of the Chick-Fil-A bowl and the others? Really? All that typing and it never dawned on you?

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic