Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: Which is the better job?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Poll: Which is the better job?

Dec 3, 2020, 9:18 AM

This is a really hard one for me. The three programs are all very similar right now.

Which is the better job?    [Results]

SCofU
Vanderbilt
Florida State
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Poll: Which is the better job?

Dec 3, 2020, 9:21 AM

Vandy, hands down. no expectations, great health benefits, can have as many tickets as you like for family and friends, and close proximity to chase that honky-tonk dream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And....Hot Chicken

Dec 10, 2021, 9:10 AM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vanderbilt, you can actually admit to where you work

Dec 3, 2020, 9:22 AM

to friends and family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 9:23 AM

The academics are great at Vandy. That's the tiebreaker.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 3, 2020, 9:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

No expectations at UofSC either! Lol

Dec 3, 2020, 9:24 AM

FSU would definitely be the pressure cooker. I don't think that fanbase will tolerate the sub par performance much longer.

Vandy. I’d rather be locked in the trunk of an 86’ Buick with a bobcat

Dec 3, 2020, 9:27 AM

trying to shave his head with a wooden spoon than I would coach at FSU or U6C.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vandy. I’d rather be locked in the trunk of an 86’ Buick with a bobcat

Dec 3, 2020, 9:31 AM

You forgot Whatsamater U.

Worst part about Florida State

Dec 3, 2020, 9:46 AM

is that they have one or two more future coaches that will become sacrificial lambs along with Taggart and Norvell. WHEN Norvell gets fired (not if), the next coach is also guaranteed to get axed within the next three years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know where else to post this so I'm going to

Dec 3, 2020, 9:53 AM

drop it here in FM's troll poll thread.

I was listening to a podcast this morning and one of the hosts, who is generally really plugged into the coaching carousel and actually knows what he is talking about, very matter-of-factly stated that Scott Satterfield wants the SC job. He presented in a way that made it sound like this was common knowledge.

Has anyone else heard that?

I think most people would view moving from Louisville to SC as a lateral move, and most biased Clemson fans on this site would probably even see it as a step down. Satterfield is making 3.25M a year at UL which is in line with what SC was reportedly set to offer Beamer so unless they were planning to offer more to Satterfield, it wouldn't even be a pay increase.

So what would be the draw for him at SC (assuming there really is any)?

Re: I don't know where else to post this so I'm going to

Dec 3, 2020, 9:57 AM

“While I am flattered my name was associated with another job I have not pursued or sought out any offers,” he said in the statement. “I am the head coach at the University of Louisville. We are building a strong foundation and culture. I love our players and the dedication they have shown to me and my staff.” ~Satterfield

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 3, 2020, 10:03 AM

Could we please add to the three choices an option box for unemployment ?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well in this business the rumors are more reliable

Dec 3, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't know where else to post this so I'm going to ]

than what actually comes out of the coaches' mouths. Satterfield would make the same statement whether or not he was actually interviewing for the job.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I don't know where else to post this so I'm going to ]

Just like 5 years ago, scar is trying to float out as many names as possible in the "he is really interested and wants the job" group.

In reality most programs do this for one reason or another, but it seems scar does this for the sole purpose of saving face that very few people actually are willing to even consider the position.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:59 AM

Vandy CLEARLY gets the nod here because while the other two teams have players running away from the program trying to get out, Vandy even has players from other Vandy sports teams trying to get IN to the football program.

Can you imagine one of the scar women's hoopers signing up to play offensive line or TE for the coots?

Can you imagine one the FSU men's hoopers signing up to play WR or safety for the noles?

For Vandy to have a player from their flagship conference winning program sign up for the football team means that things are headed in the right direction over there.

The flagship programs for the other schools mentioned don't even have players that watch the football team play games.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:04 AM

I'd say Florida State. At least they have had a winning tradition.
We can't help what Fisher ,and Covid did to the program.

Vandy.

Dec 3, 2020, 10:06 AM

You're really not expected to win much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2020, 11:48 AM

Coastal, App st

Dec 3, 2020, 12:02 PM

This is a really hard one for me. The three programs are all very similar right now.

Easily FSU for me. They do have tradition and a championship in the last decade. Couple that with the fertile ground of Florida recruiting, and the right coach can turn it around in 3-4 years. They need to pull in back to back top 10 recruiting classes that includes broad positions (their best players lately always seem to be DBs)

Dec 3, 2020, 12:09 PM

I guess it depends on your goals. I rank them FSU, Vandy, UofSC. I think a historically rich team somewhat down its luck in a rich recruiting area would be a highly desirable job with an excellent chance of returning to national prominence. Vandy has SEC money and low expectations. UofSC has SEC money, a good fan base, but with unrealistic expectations and a large buyout weighing their budget down.

No, that one is easy. Despite recent bottoming out, FSU is

Dec 3, 2020, 12:09 PM

by far the job with the biggest potential for success.

Vandy admissions requirements put them behind the 8-Ball.

USuK total history of being losers and the Graveyard of Coaches puts them behind the 8-Ball.

FSU has won many conference Championships, AND National Championships. In a contest with those other two schools as a job destination, it really is no contest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vandy. Their football program attracts more women***

Dec 3, 2020, 12:18 PM

Dec 3, 2020, 12:22 PM

One has a Culture with Expectations
One has a Culture without Expectations
and
One has Expectations with a Culture

You figure it out ;)

Dec 3, 2020, 1:21 PM

I would have included Fresno State, you can actually win there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two out of three are one-way dead ends to a career

Dec 3, 2020, 1:37 PM

At least Jumbo left for another P5 HC job. Can any former HC of either of the other two schools say that?

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James Franklin left Vandy for Penn State***

Dec 3, 2020, 4:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Two out of three are one-way dead ends to a career

Dec 3, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Two out of three are one-way dead ends to a career ]

The last time a Coot coach had a career as a HC at a major program (ie not William and Mary, VMI, or Emopry and Henry) after being captain of the sinking ship...

Muscoot: Dead on Arrival
Spurrier: Retired a Gator
Holtz: fizlefaftingsodmeesandusky (presumed dead)
Scott: Left for a better job
Woods: Killed VMI football too
Morrison: RIP
Bell: Nope
Carlin: Nada
Dietzel: Miss
Bass: lol, no
Giese: Zip
Enright: Zilch
All other pre-war coachs: Very little.... BUT yes, at last

Frank Dobson. Yes, that Frank Dobson. Clemson Coach from 1910-1912 - he coached the coots for one season 1918.... but would later coach Maryland from '36-'39 and actually won the SoCon!

You only have to go back 102 years for find a coot coach with success after coaching a coot

Vandy - scar & fsu have turd Admin

Dec 3, 2020, 1:40 PM

dumpster fires until the admin changes

null

I am bumping this

Dec 3, 2020, 8:37 PM

to Compete with classof1994®'s thread for POTD.

As if I needed another reason not to trust you w/ my password.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: As if I needed another reason not to trust you w/ my password.

Dec 3, 2020, 8:44 PM

nice misdirection, everyone knows we are the same person, just that we are mostly sober when you post as me.

We still watching Teletubbies after Rachel Maddow tonite?

Dec 3, 2020, 8:49 PM

only if you run and fetch a tub of cherry garcia,

Dec 3, 2020, 8:57 PM

I'll start painting our toenails.

Clearly FSU...

Dec 3, 2020, 8:58 PM

Best fans on earth!!!

~JKB

Dec 3, 2020, 9:03 PM

Mike Rowe would have put these 3 on his show if it was still running.

Dec 3, 2020, 9:22 PM

It would take a solid decade to turn either of these around, but the potential Is in FSUs favor......if they don’t by chance, return to women’s only school.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic