Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The marketplace of ideas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

The marketplace of ideas

Jan 10, 2021, 10:15 PM

Apparently doesn’t value Nazis. What a surprise!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The marketplace of ideas

Jan 10, 2021, 10:16 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 10:20 PM

Guys..plural.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:22 PM

This should go without saying, yet here ware are.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:38 PM

DON'T BE ON THE SAME SIDE OF AN ARGUMENT AS ACTUAL ####### NAZIS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how politics works?

Jan 10, 2021, 11:30 PM

Jan 10, 2021, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

T3Tiger® said:

75 million of them right? Actually 85 million if you consider he had 90 percent support of the 39% of adults who identified as Republicans.

Well, there are 209 million citizens in the US over the age of 18.

Therefore, if your 85 million is correct (that's doubtful), then using the same logic, Biden could have gotten 124 million votes.

I think there was election fraud, but it was committed by the GOP. Almost all of the recognized polling said Biden would win by 7 to 11 %. So, using the logic of TheRump, the GOP must have cheated; but the GOP did it poorly, not realizing that most of America sees TheRump as the lying POS that he is.

Note that TheRump has not expressed any sympathy for the 5 dead in the riot he instigated. Yet, no one in the cult cares. Sad.

Lemme guess

Jan 10, 2021, 11:09 PM

I’m willing to bet that you hold that “GOP cheated” opinion concurrently with an opinion that Trump is a con man for claiming fraud in an election where virtually none has been found, without a whit of self-awareness about the hypocrisy of those positions. Am I on the right track?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

As for 2), I agree but that’s poor site design. Lots of people

Jan 11, 2021, 3:20 PM

do it. That functionality shouldn’t exist, but this site just isn’t built very well.

Jan 11, 2021, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

Hopper, pretty much all the evidence we've seen so far indicates that cheating at scale is hard.

The big verifier is the paper ballot, and those have consistently backed up the same conclusion - no fraud.

Sure, we can and should do an extensive portmortem across the board and make sure stuff was aboveboard as we think, but if somebody's got a trick they were using there's been no credible evidence of it yet...anywhere.

Jan 10, 2021, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

T3Tiger® said:

75 million of them right? Actually 85 million if you consider he had 90 percent support of the 39% of adults who identified as Republicans.

Well, there are 209 million citizens in the US over the age of 18.

Therefore, if your 85 million is correct (that's doubtful), then using the same logic, Biden could have gotten 124 million votes.

I think there was election fraud, but it was committed by the GOP. Almost all of the recognized polling said Biden would win by 7 to 11 %. So, using the logic of TheRump, the GOP must have cheated; but the GOP did it poorly, not realizing that most of America sees TheRump as the lying POS that he is.

Note that TheRump has not expressed any sympathy for the 5 dead in the riot he instigated. Yet, no one in the cult cares. Sad.

Don't confuse 'support' with votes....

Jan 11, 2021, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

Biden had very low support, but garnered a lot of votes.

I'd wager that in most elections in my lifetime, most aren't supporting for the candidate they are voting for, but rather voting against the other side.

I thought you were free market Republican?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The marketplace of ideas ]

Seems fairly clear that private corporations don’t want to be associated with Nazi propaganda and MAGA violence.

The anti-Semitic MAGA shirts on site during the Trump Insurrection that say “CampAuschwitz” and “6MWE”, is also proving consequential.

The backlash is totally deserved. Kiss your party goodbye if you want to try to defend these people.

Re: I thought you were free market Republican?

Jan 10, 2021, 10:48 PM

Dead cops? Like Officer Sicknick?***

Jan 10, 2021, 10:56 PM

Re: Dead cops? Like Officer Sicknick?***

Jan 10, 2021, 11:10 PM

Re: Dead cops? Like Officer Sicknick?***

Jan 10, 2021, 11:20 PM

Nobody has rioted, killed, or even marched, in the name of Biden. You have nothing.

Well, context is the king

Jan 10, 2021, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Dead cops? Like Officer Sicknick?*** ]

January 6, 2021. The day the electoral votes were counted.

So not only are your Nazi thugs cop-killers, they are failed insurrectionists trying to subvert our free and fair elections.

I can’t think of a single good reason why my company would want to have anything to do with this poor excuse for an enterprise or political movement.

Can you?

Re: Well, context is the king

Jan 10, 2021, 11:25 PM

Two wrongs don’t make a right

Jan 10, 2021, 11:44 PM

and you present a false equivalence. Not even close.

Re: Two wrongs don’t make a right

Jan 10, 2021, 11:55 PM

Ok, I hear you and appreciate your perspective

Jan 11, 2021, 12:05 AM

Let’s just rebuild the GOP into a better party.

I’ll drop the axe grinding when we get a strong, values-based conservative movement again.

But not this win-at-all costs, total victory ########. That’s where we went astray.

No, no.

Jan 11, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Two wrongs don’t make a right ]

The day it happened, you were cheerleading and making snide comments about it. You didn't think it was wrong. You've also scrambled to defend the people involved left and right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

It’s funny how

Jan 11, 2021, 12:01 PM

Re: It’s funny how

Jan 11, 2021, 2:46 PM

So let's clear up your assumptions.

1. You seem to be under the impression in multiple threads that if you're talking to someone, on a public message board, that other people can't jump in and comment. That's not how it works. Anyone can jump into any thread at any time.

2. It's not really an "adult" debate. Not when you say things like, "Is your party the party of wanting dead cops?" And you're wrong when you say you don't lump groups of people together based on the actions of a few. You did that all this summer. I called you on it multiple times and you continued to do it.

3. What actually happens is you lie and deny ever doing it. You tried to pretend you weren't celebrating RGB's death a while back, and someone had to pull up the post where you did. As for Wednesday, you were making snide comments, jabs, and jokes all while it was happening, and you've continued to defend the insurgents. You showed more outrage over the MAGAophile who died than the cop. A while back, you advocated uprisings in the street following the election.

4. I can't "defame" you on this message board for two reasons. For one, I don't identify you by your real name (and that's exactly what the Tigernet rules mean when it mentions that). Second, you've already ruined your own character here with threats, personal attacks, and demands that people go kill themselves. Every person who has ever disagreed with you, you have launched into a personal attack against them. If you know a little nugget about them, that becomes your focus, such as what the person does for a living. That ruins your character, and it's shameful. The fact that you haven't realized this continues to speak to your character.

5. You have not extended any olive branch to me. Attempting to have a discussion where you, for once, don't launch into some personal attack doesn't mean you've somehow made amends. If you want to extend an olive branch, you'll apologize for the numerous personal attacks, the times you told me to kill myself, and the time you said I deserved whatever hardship happened to me to make me agnostic (which, actually, is multiple things, but one in particular is someone I cared about dying tragically, so there's that). The problem with you is that when you engage in this behavior, you never once think you're in the wrong. You think the person deserves it, and somehow when you talk to them in a civil fashion, you think you've made up for that past behavior. And then you can start apologizing to all the other people you threatened on here, whose careers you have attacked, and whose children you have insulted.

If you want people to take you seriously, correct your behavior. When someone disagrees with you, they aren't attacking you. And you can disagree with them without attacking them. The rest of us do it all the time.

6. This about the 24th time you've threatened to ignore me, which you won't, and I don't care about your TD.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Not shocking that...

Jan 11, 2021, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Dead cops? Like Officer Sicknick?*** ]

You somehow swing this back to murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, your idol.

I'll bite on your offer. Please show me a case of a police officer murdered by a confirmed Biden supporter. You have to prove the guy was firmly in his camp. No conjecture or "Are you telling me he's NOT a Biden guy?! He has to be!"

Prove it.

Re: I thought you were free market Republican?

Jan 11, 2021, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought you were free market Republican? ]

That's a good question to ask Trumpies right now considering we've barely heard a peep out of them (and you) about Officer Brian Sicknick.

And Dear Leader hasn't said a word about him.

That's because it's perhaps the most dangerous idea

Jan 11, 2021, 2:58 AM

Which reminds me.... Sons history teacher is doing a lesson on the storming of Congress. Bless their hearts they're trying to get the kids to put the event into some historical context. It is interesting though. They're framing it by asking for comparisons to the fall of the Greek and Roman Empires. And there are some similarities, and I'm sure I could write a paper on the similarities. But besides the similarities between Rome and Greece, those are situational similarities, there are differences.

No one dares put what's happening into the context of 1920s Germany, when that is probably a more similar historical context. They haven't even studied Nazi Germany hardly at all. Because that is the most dangerous of all the things you can study. The mantra is Hitler was a genocidal madman. End of debate. All you need to know. I'd argue the more important thing to study is how he rose to power. We can't even fathom how that heppened because all we focus on is the end result. And that's a setup for something like that being repeated.

Keeping fascism out of the marketplace of ideas is exactly why we're most vulnerable to it. We keep communism front and center in the marketplace of ideas. Which is why none of them have been able to storm Congress. But good, decent, patriotic, conservative people, those are the ones we don't fear. They're peaceful. They're not a threat. We'll..... That's exactly the folks who are vulnerable to fascism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They probably should be looking at the French Revolution***

Jan 11, 2021, 2:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic