Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As Usual, It Was A Wonderful Christmas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

As Usual, It Was A Wonderful Christmas

Dec 26, 2020, 11:32 AM

Santa was not the only one to show up on Christmas Eve. Some of you may know Dean Cox, better known as "The Hat". Dean gave us a couple of beautiful Tiger Paw adorned tree ornaments.

Then my two daughters rolled out a bevy of goodies that would make a King rub his belly and call for 15 fiddlers to render their version of "Fiddle Faddle".

Christmas morning began with videos of the grands and great grands in Greenville, Charleston and Chesterfield, showing the great grands ripping the wrapping off of Santa's gifts. One of the great grands said he had been worried about getting what he wanted for Christmas because he did not have an "A" in deportment on the home front but fortunately, Santa must have overlooked his shortcomings.

Santa left Joe21 a pair of Tiger Paw slippers and a "back ordered" Clemson sweater due to arrive about mid-January. And there was other stuff.

Finally, about 6:00 PM, the four of us sat down for dinner with a table loaded with enough food to feed about 25. We had been snacking all day so when we finished our meal, all of the food on the table looked like it had never been touched. So we will be eating left-overs for several days and will probably be freezing part of that.

One of my daughters had made a cake fortified with a product by the name of Jim Beam. The slice I had was not large but if must have contained about one jigger of Brother Beam.

I hope your Christmas was just as good as mine. The only thing lacking was the presence of small children.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As Usual, It Was A Wonderful Christmas

Dec 26, 2020, 11:52 AM

We had an awesome Christmas, but had to watch the granddaughters open their gifts on Facetime. My surprise was a couple of vinyl albums and a Sous Vide cooking machine with a vacuum food sealer. I've been wanting one for a couple of years and my wife surprised me this year. I surprised her with a magnum of Napa Valley Silver Oak Cabernet.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 12:38 PM

Christmas is a wonderful time. We missed out on all the family stuff like everyone else but still sang those wonderful hymns and celebrated the true meaning of Christmas. It was the birthday of a King.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: As Usual, It Was A Wonderful Christmas ]

I have to ask what vinyl records did you get?My daughter had borrowed my Monkees and Lovin Spoonful albums and their cabin burned so I had to replace them but you can replace vinyl but not a wonderful daughter.I have an extensive collection of oldies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: As Usual, It Was A Wonderful Christmas ]

Your wife had to be happy about the Napa Silver Oak Cab (especially the magnum part). That's a wonderful cabernet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 2:06 PM

Joe, I loved reading this but especially the way you wrote it. So many blessings in a day like that we too often take for granted. Sounds like you fully appreciate it all. Wishing you a wonderful 2021!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 3:11 PM

Dean Cox was on staff when I was a Rat in ‘65- did he have a son who was on the football team maybe as a walk-on about the same time? Or am I thinking of another player whose father worked there?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic