Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As Clemson fans, have we ever felt as bad as UVa fans today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

As Clemson fans, have we ever felt as bad as UVa fans today?

Mar 17, 2018, 1:54 PM

Every loss stings, but not sure anything compares to what the Hoos did last night.

Orange bowl loss to the coach burners? Not as much on the line.

Last second loss to UConn in Sweet 16? Devastating but certainly not humiliating like UVa.

CFP NCG loss to Bama? Was depressed for a bit but mostly proud and knew the future was very bright.

Any loss to the coots? Well, I barely remember them, but as much as they suck, USuCk is rarely on the national stage, so a loss to them matters in the state of SC, but not much elsewhere.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loss to Duke in Ford era, TB lead loss to Ga Tech at home

Mar 17, 2018, 1:59 PM

and Tiger bowl loss to WVA Geno, Tavin and Steadman team. Those were all rough. But not in UVA-UMBC category.

Message was edited by: SocMan2®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loss to Duke in Ford era, TB lead loss to Ga Tech at home

Mar 17, 2018, 2:05 PM

to be fair, I heard the loss to Duke was when Spurrier was their and had some BS Penalties that led to Duke getting a share of the ACC Title

I'm sure some poster here knows what I am talking about.

The WV beating was just a ### night. Two teams tied up then the momentum shifting for the worst for the game and the best for us long term.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loss to Duke in Ford era, TB lead loss to Ga Tech at home

Mar 17, 2018, 3:18 PM

Duke had a pretty good quarterback, and he had a career game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes....

Mar 17, 2018, 2:03 PM

but it involved baseball and Omaha.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As Clemson fans, have we ever felt as bad as UVa fans today?

Mar 17, 2018, 2:06 PM

The Ls to GT in 11 and FSU in 13 were pretty hard but that was football and against a great fsu team and a good GT team. I don't think anybody can come close to having the feeling UVA must have. They expected a Natty I am sure. The number one overall seed and they get beat like that to a school a lot of people have never even heard of.

on a UVA theme, the first time we ever lost to them

Mar 17, 2018, 2:07 PM

in football was a dark, dark day. We were like 26-0 or something like that vs White Meat.

The day that streak ended was the day Hatfield put one foot in his Clemson grave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a VERY good UVA team that beat us though***

Mar 17, 2018, 2:24 PM

Re: That was a VERY good UVA team that beat us though

Mar 17, 2018, 4:56 PM

Yes, they were good but beatable. Apparently, Hatfield did not know that our starting tailback was slow. I am convinced that Coach Ford would have found a tailback on that team - like he did when he switched Terry Allen from safety.

I was at that game with my dad and brother - a sad day indeed.

Never. No matter how bad the loss (though none have been

Mar 17, 2018, 2:08 PM

that embarrassing), when all is said an done, we're still Tigers. Clemson Tigers.

Mar 17, 2018, 2:19 PM

I don't think anything really compares, because to me it would be like being #1 in football and losing to Furman.

Not just losing, but getting stomped.***

Mar 17, 2018, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Blowing an 18 point lead to a 12 seed and losing is about as

Mar 17, 2018, 2:23 PM

low as I can remember feeling about a great season...The OB a close second

Mar 17, 2018, 2:26 PM

No, I don't think Clemson has any loss like that could compare to UVA's. Orange Bowl against WVU is the closest but you'd have to times that loss by 3 to have any comparison. UVA lost a national scale that was just never heard of and shouldn't have happened ever.

To put it in perspective, I'm sure other continents heard about what happened and were shocked about UVA. Any Clemson loss was never heard around the world, or less the country like that. It's a loss that's going to be heard about for the next century at least.

Yea, we've probably felt as bad as they do, initially.

Mar 17, 2018, 2:36 PM

The problem with their loss is that it will live on forever in sports history, and it will be the first thing people think of when they hear UVA. Time will mitigate it but the sting of this loss will last much longer for them than any of ours.

Nailed it.

Mar 17, 2018, 2:42 PM

Being a UVA fan is going to be extra rough for the next couple years.

Re: Yea, we've probably felt as bad as they do, initially.

Mar 18, 2018, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Yea, we've probably felt as bad as they do, initially. ]

Pretty good reasoning, the WVU Orange Bowl debacle was terrible, but we never really hear about it anymore and the fact Dabo has won a national championship nullifies that game. UVA will be brought up in almost any conversation about the NCAA Tournament for a very long time.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I think I felt that bad after...

Mar 17, 2018, 3:05 PM

The 2008 game against bama in the GA Dome. We’re ranked in the top 10, finally looking like a contender after years of underachieving and disappointments under Coach Jellyfish... only to get exposed as the overrated pretenders that we always were under the biggest fraud in college football. It was CLEAR at that point that he MUST be fired... IMMEDIATELY!! And we didn’t have to wait too long.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing compares

Mar 17, 2018, 3:07 PM

this will be an embarrassment nationwide for Virginia for years. If they never make a final four or win a title under Bennett it will haunt them forever

The best way for UVA to get over it is to came back next yea

Mar 17, 2018, 3:31 PM

and win it all. Until they win a championship, it will haunt them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tate George maybe?

Mar 17, 2018, 3:13 PM

I wasn't a Clemson fan at the time, but that had to be tough for many people back then.

cheated...I felt cheated after that***

Mar 17, 2018, 4:42 PM

I'd say

Mar 17, 2018, 4:56 PM

the losses to the coots in Omaha when we were one win away form the national title series

I’ve read the replies to see if something would jog my memory

Mar 17, 2018, 5:06 PM

and I can honestly say no. We’ve had some really bad losses but up until last night what happened to UVA had never been done. In fact it may never happen again and UVA will never live this down. For us the Orange Bowl (the only thing that comes remotely close in my book) debacle was redeemed two years later. I don’t think anything else I have ever witnessed any of our sports teams do even comes close. The #1 seed losing to the #16 seed is a blemish that can never be redeemed in my book. It’s a historic first and everyone will always remember it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the connecticutt game to go to the elite,eight.

Mar 17, 2018, 7:19 PM

the multiple overtime game against minnesota.

matt ryan ripping my heart out

Mar 17, 2018, 10:20 PM

and dashing acc title game dreams..ugh

2003- When a weak Wake Forest team blew us out...

Mar 18, 2018, 7:43 AM

but that Clemson team came back and beat Fla State(with Ron Cherry refereeing), SC(63-17), and Tenn in the bowl.

During the Bowden years: too many times***

Mar 18, 2018, 7:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic