Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My first controversial post on T-Net.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

My first controversial post on T-Net.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

Please don't hate me for this.

I hope Muschamp goes 1-10 this year, if the 1 happens this week.

(Look at it this way, maybe he goes 1-10 but SC keeps him another year because , "Well, after all, he beat Florida.")

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My first controversial post on T-Net.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:27 PM

If he stays, it will be worth one win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yes, the UGA win secured his job las year. Hopefully

Sep 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

something will this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 4:27 PM

1-9 but I highly doubt its close Saturday.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

You'd think so but Fla is always overrated in the early season by the media

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's not a chance he gets fired so let's just

Sep 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

hope they lose every game. Kthxbye

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Exactly !!!

Sep 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

They still can't afford the buyout and COVID certainly didn't help their situation.

Although they did manage to scrape-up $1 million for a sculpture of a chocolate castrated rooster so they've got that going for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who

Sep 29, 2020, 4:55 PM

look at the chicken statue with the boot up it's ### and think "wow that's a really great statue" or "wow that was $1M well-spent." I really can't imagine anyone thinking that thing was a good idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well..in fairness, you do have to consider the audience...

Sep 29, 2020, 5:34 PM

Afterall, they are uof6c fans/alums and that in-and-of-itself is a very good indication they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who

Sep 29, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who ]

It was donated by a booster, not uSC's money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I'm aware. Are you suggesting that makes it better?***

Sep 30, 2020, 8:03 PM

Oct 2, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who ]

I'm pretty sure they university is running short on money so they are going to be counting on booster money if they intend to buy out Muscoot's contract.

That's how FSU got Taggart out the door so quickly. The school doesn't have a lot of money floating around, so they sent around the offering plate to top boosters to see how bad they wanted Taggart out. It worked.

It's still seriously flawed***

Oct 2, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who ]

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 2, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Serious question, are there any actual coot fans who ]

Someone needs to paint a Tiger paw on said boot because that is where it has been for 7 years and will remain there for the foreseeable future.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about that thing they

Sep 29, 2020, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Exactly !!! ]

Call a gamecock? That mascot that was named after a man that owned slaves and during the civil war promised any men that enlisted a gift of 5-10 slaves?

Hilarious that they put a gamecock and blm symbols on the same helmet. Are they saying black lives matter but it was ok to own and give away slaves? But yet was all wrong in their buildings and statues.

Lot more people see that that gamecock more than anyone ever saw building names and statues

Re: Are you talking about that thing they

Sep 29, 2020, 6:58 PM

Thomas Sumter died in 1832. Not sure how much recruiting he was able to do for the South during the Civil War. Not a coot just have an interest in history.

Re: Are you talking about that thing they

Oct 2, 2020, 9:00 AM

Revolutionary War. But otherwise, Truth!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and the bowl game too...

Oct 2, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to There's not a chance he gets fired so let's just ]

But 0-10 if he loses this week?

Sep 29, 2020, 4:45 PM

I guess I agree, that IF he wins this week, I want it to be his only win, but I am still pulling for him to lose. Sorry I can't support you fully on this.

I'll tell you what...

Sep 29, 2020, 4:49 PM

while I understand your position, I will give you uof6c +18 for any amount of $$$$ you're willing to lose.

:)

The Capons don't have the offense to score with Florida and they don't have the defense to stop Florida.

I want to take some action with a bit of a twist.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:35 PM

I'll take S. Cackalacky at +18.

Loser buys ® for bretfsu.

He provides good content, Tigernet gets support, seems like win/win (even if I lose).

bretfsu

BigCUFan, is this go or no-go?

Oct 2, 2020, 8:51 AM

See post above.

Or, reiterated here. I take USC(east) at +18. Loser buys bretfsu 1 year, White donor level.

BigCUFan®

I'm in !!!***

Oct 2, 2020, 9:10 AM

Boom, nice!

Oct 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

bretfsu

Looks like you're getting an ® this weekend....

(see posts above)

Re: I'm in !!!***

Oct 2, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I'm in !!!*** ]

Thanks guys. Now someone just has t explain to me what all that means. I assume it means I get access to some content I currently don't have access to now.

Y'all are the best. I never expected such a warm welcome.

Several things.

Oct 2, 2020, 1:07 PM

First, you are taught the secret handshake.

You can edit/delete your posts.

You can upload your own logo.

You can ignore users so you don't see their (annoying/idiotic) posts.

There are several other items, along with supporting Crump® and this forum.

You can read the rest here.
https://www.tigernet.com/upgrade.do

Thanks, I am honored and humbled.

Oct 2, 2020, 1:26 PM

I had no idea. I am a military vet (LCDR USNR). I expect nothing from y'all extra. I'm just blessed that y'all have included me as a guest.

Thank you for your service and

Oct 2, 2020, 1:59 PM

the content/feedback you've provided to the forum.

I have already reached-out to Crump...

Oct 5, 2020, 7:16 AM

Should have bretfsu set-up with his new White level membership later today.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:54 PM

Bret-- I was beginning to brag a little bit about you but then you go and want that scum in Columbia to defeat the Gators. I began my Gator days before WW2 and finally finished in '49. Attended my first Gator game in 1926. Brothers went to UF and sisters to FSCW. Spent many weekends in Tally dating a beautiful young lady who became my wife, transferred to UF and earned her Gator degree.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 9:25 PM

First Gator game in 1926?
Dang Joe, how old are you???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 10:27 PM

If my math is right I want to say 97 this year. That close Joe21®?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: My first controversial post on T-Net. ]

If I can make it to Nov. 25, I'll celebrate No. 99.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: My first controversial post on T-Net. ]

My dad entered the army immediately after HS. After WWII ended, he got out, got married and went to FSCW. (It became coed due to the number of men going to college on the GI Bill. School changed it's name while he was there. He was in either the first or second coed graduating class.)

Sep 29, 2020, 5:16 PM

How is this controversial? I hope he beats Vanberbilt.

Sep 29, 2020, 5:18 PM

Vanderbilt.

Sep 29, 2020, 5:21 PM

I’m always happy when the Coots finish the season just below bowl qualifying. Let them all have unfulfilled dreams of going to Shreveport or Charlotte every year. I want them to keep him around as long as possible.

Meanwhile the “redneck school in the hills” goes to Glendale, N’awlins, Pasadena, Santa Clara or (yawn) Miami. Or more than one.

Gosh. We Clemson fans remember looking forward to Shreveport. That’s how far a Dabo has brought us.

Bret, I sure hope your Noles finish stronger than the Coots.

Sep 29, 2020, 5:36 PM

I wouldn’t mind seeing my team demolish an undefeated UF team in the final game for all the marbles

Sep 29, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: My first controversial post on T-Net. ]

.............BaHaHA bahahahaha! "Let them have unfulfilled dreams of playing in Shreveport or Charlotte"...................LOL!

Dang man! Even in their unfulfilled dreams "it's low expectations"!

It might surprise you to learn who some of our “redneck

Sep 29, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: My first controversial post on T-Net. ]

school” brethren are...Cal, Maryland, Purdue, Rutgers, Cornell, Ohio State, MIT, Penn State

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

Re: It might surprise you to learn who some of our “redneck

Oct 2, 2020, 9:43 AM

Land grants are interesting. I would not group uswith the benedict turtles, ped states, ohio wife beaters, etc.

Technically, Cornell and MIT are different being private schools. Cornell's granted land is in NY but MIT's land is in the mid-west or great lakes like Minnesota of all places.

Also interesting is both the B10 (save Meech, IU, Iowa, NW) and SEC (10/14 - save coot, bammy, vandy, ole miss) are mostly land-grant schools... the ACC (3), B12 (4) and Pac12 (4) are not. Both the B12 and ACC have more private schools but still, even the public schools are the non-landgrant. Curious to see other holding sea and space-grant labels like Purdue as a spacegrant.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:30 PM

This wouldn’t be controversial if we didn’t have coots like GWPTiger® here.

Can you get Phillip Hot Dogs to be Flawda’s QB the entire game Saturday?

Sep 29, 2020, 8:12 PM

Otherwise... ain’t gonna happen, sir.

Sorry.

~JKB

I'lll take UGA for the L on Thanksgiving weekend - sorry.***

Sep 29, 2020, 8:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2020, 9:20 PM

A one win season would satisfy our thirst!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic