Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we going to make the NIT?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Are we going to make the NIT?

Mar 2, 2016, 12:17 PM

Serious question, if we beat BC and do our typical one and done in the ACC tournament, will we make the NIT?

Or is it another year of Brownell turning down the CBI?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we would.

Mar 2, 2016, 12:19 PM

But lose to BC and then 1 and done in the ACC Tourney could be another story all together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think we would. No way in heck we can lose to BC

Mar 2, 2016, 1:04 PM

until we play them again. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we need to so we can continue to show improvement

Mar 2, 2016, 12:20 PM

in the program

it would be a big step

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we need to so we can continue to show improvement

Mar 2, 2016, 12:27 PM

Yep, nothing screams "building a program" like a NIT birth after year 6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: we need to so we can continue to show improvement

Mar 2, 2016, 12:29 PM

If we lose to BC which is very possible they don't deserve to be in the NIT.
You know for about sure they won't win a game in the ACCT.

I think an NIT berth would show we are recovering from

Mar 2, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: we need to so we can continue to show improvement ]

KJ leaving early

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it would be a good sign that our program survived

Mar 2, 2016, 12:53 PM

having to play all of our home games on the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Didn't we have bigger crowds at the Well

Mar 3, 2016, 8:45 AM

this year than what we averaged at Littlejohn last year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we going to make the NIT?

Mar 2, 2016, 12:21 PM

Beat BC then lose first game of the ACCT, that would put us at 17-14.
I believe with the top 20 wins that will be enough.

Mar 2, 2016, 12:28 PM

Yes. Unless we become the only team in the league to lose to BC!

We will probably get GT or FSU in the tourney so no gimme there.

I hope Roper can get his act together by Saturday. He has disappeared

Extra games in the NIT would truly benefit this team.

We'd be on the bubble certainly.***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:25 PM

Re: We'd be on the bubble certainly.***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:28 PM

went from NCAA bubble to NIT bubble in a few weeks.

So much for improvement.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

ACC COY!***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:30 PM

CBB! CBB! CBB!***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:30 PM

CBI! CBI! CBI!***

Mar 2, 2016, 12:32 PM

Mar 2, 2016, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: We'd be on the bubble certainly.*** ]

This team was playing well, even overachieving. They've come back to earth recently, but aren't a bubble NIT team. We're firmly in unless we drop all our remaining games. CBB has had his recruiting difficulties, but he's a great developer of talent.

Mar 3, 2016, 8:48 AM

If we were firmly in, there'd be no "unless"....

How is that not improvement?!?

Mar 2, 2016, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: We'd be on the bubble certainly.*** ]

We didn't make the NIT last season, so making it this year would clearly be improvement.

Now I don't think we should be satisfied with NITs, but you can't deny that this season has been an improvement over last.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: How is that not improvement?!?

Mar 3, 2016, 8:25 AM

Good ol Judge Keller, quite possibly the biggest Brownell apologist. Always coming to poor Brads rescue and then ignoring responses that prove your logic wrong.

You might want to reread my post....

I was obviously referring to that spurt in January where we looked like the most improved team in the nation. After looking like one of the worst teams in the nation in OOC play. January is long gone and we're back to a below average team....HTH

Also, if we lose the next 2 I highly doubt we get an NIT invite(hence NIT bubble) so where's the improvement then? Can't wait to see what your post supporting Brownell will be if that should happen.

Mar 2, 2016, 4:42 PM

If we lose to BC and the first game of the tournament we don't deserve the NIT. Brownell has taken us backwards from Purnell.

Mar 2, 2016, 4:45 PM

Clemson no longer gets blown out by ANYONE. Every team we play knows that they have to bring their A game and play their front line players for two halves. That's improvement and if you don't see it ........ .?

Really go re-watch the UGA game

Mar 3, 2016, 8:42 AM

That was a BLOWOUT!!!

Re: Really go re-watch the UGA game

Mar 3, 2016, 8:46 AM

UMASS too and they're horrible.

No

Mar 2, 2016, 6:54 PM

Only hope we got now is to win the ACCT and get a bid to The Dance. Ironic, eh ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we won not done the 1st game and lose the 2nd***

Mar 2, 2016, 7:08 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic