Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we ever going to put Danny Ford in a Museum?..He Belongs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 817

Are we ever going to put Danny Ford in a Museum?..He Belongs

Jan 2, 2013, 2:49 PM

I am 49 and love the good old days...I saw Clemson at it's greatest time........but those days and style of football are over forever!

Danny Ford and the 80's Tigers are museum pieces and not part of the current state of college football. Coach Ford should be on the ring of honor instead of being asked by what I hope is a small but loud minority to come back.

Coach Ford could not win in this ERA. First, he had an extra 40 scholarships, no internet, no twitter, no Facebook and no cell camera to deal with. Also the Sports media was not nearly as vicious and ESPN was a fledgling TV network and not the monster that they currently are. Also, a Red Man tobacco chewing good old boy is not the politician that is needed in this day and age......Also there is NCAA Compliance. We had a hard time deal with the relaxed rules of the 1980's and for Dabo to keep this team out of trouble with all of the temptations requires a new breed of head coach.....

Danny Ford was the right man for the 1980's and Dabo is the right man for right now.........

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

You disgust me. "That style" of football will be on display

Jan 2, 2013, 2:51 PM

this week as you watch Florida and Alabama play football.

The world would be a better place with more Danny Fords.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You disgust me. "That style" of football will be on display

Jan 2, 2013, 2:53 PM

And you disgust most Clemson fans so I am sure the feeling is mutual.

null

Perhaps you need to be in a Museum too...***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to You disgust me. "That style" of football will be on display ]

I talked to Danny Ford this weekend and he said your

Jan 2, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to You disgust me. "That style" of football will be on display ]

hard-on for him is starting to creep him out.

Re: Are we ever going to put Danny Ford in a Museum?..He Belongs

Jan 2, 2013, 2:54 PM

It would've been OK to bring him back in the late 90s when we hired Tommy Bowden, it's too late for any of that now. Coach Ford is happy with what he's doing now, and doesn't value money enough to be coaxed back even if we asked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 2:55 PM

I don't think he would like that. He likes his farm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 2:59 PM

To say Ford could not win today is a reach. Defense was his bread n butter. It would be interesting to see what his defenses COULD do.

Don't interpret that as cheer to bring him back. He has severe Clemson and am for moving forward

I will say that he should be in the Ring of Honor by himself and not only as part of the 81 team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

? John Wayne

If it was just about X's and O's I would totally agree! But.

Jan 2, 2013, 3:07 PM

I am talking about everything that is required in a college Head Coach in this modern day world of communication I am not so certain....

Re: I do miss plays where there was a point of attack

Jan 2, 2013, 3:23 PM

now everybody just leans on the guy across and the back tries to find a seam to run through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Jan 2, 2013, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 817
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic