Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Appreciation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Appreciation

Feb 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

I truly appreciate your kind words and prayers re the recent death of my brother. He was 98 and well on his way to 99. He had lived a full life with seldom a complaint of any sort. He was in the hospital just a short time before his death --- just the way he wanted to go. A great niece, who is a Methodist minister in North Carolina, led the service and, having known my brother all her life, knew so much about him her words were a treasure of memories. He served with the Army Air Force in Europe during WW2. The Military was there to participate in the service which was concluded with Taps, a most impressive and fitting tribute to a great guy.

We tease and jawbone with each other on this board but there are times, such as this, when all else is forgotten and we share the joys and sorrows that befall us. Almost every day on this and other boards, we learn that there is a post by someone who has lost a family member or friend, or, has someone in need of our thoughts and prayers. It's situations such as this that binds us in ways we can never describe.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Appreciation

Feb 12, 2018, 4:54 PM

I know he will be missed. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 5:03 PM

I certainly agree GI Joe. Although we love to disagree with each other there’s a lot more good than bad in all tigernetters . Sometimes I think we are all looking for the bad and that’s not a good way for any to be!

Except coots and heels of course

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 5:52 PM

Your heart is a hard working organ in your body, and it has to be tough to withstand some of the thing that we do it. But it's weakest times is when you face things that is closest to you, and it takes seems like for ever to heal, but it will, and I pray for your comfort until your heart heals. And that's basically what I was saying to God just last night about you. Just open your heart to him and he will take care of the healing and He will allow comfort to get in. God is good!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic