Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apparently today is Viet Nam Vets Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,070

Apparently today is Viet Nam Vets Day

Mar 29, 2019, 12:12 PM

Thanks to all for your service

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently today is Viet Nam Vets Day

Mar 29, 2019, 12:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-uuTurQkk&list=PLqsTswu-uGydwlttGQZioowlTgVryU5AY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 1:45 PM

Yep, the forgotten ones. This is my era. The only servicemen who were not celebrated when they returned home from war. Most were drafted and fought for their country but were spat upon when they returned. The shame of it all. I salute you for your service to your country. Most did not want to go but followed the orders they received from the draft board. Lyndon Baines Johnson is responsible for a lot of the death and injuries because he wanted a war victory on his resume. Could have ended this thing many years earlier but chose not to. I'm off my soap box now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 1:48 PM

That’s ok 2000... stay on your soapbox... These soldiers deserve all the praise they can get!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 29, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Apparently today is Viet Nam Vets Day ]

WELL SAID 2000! LOUD and clear brother!

I assume that's all you have to say about that***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Apparently today is Viet Nam Vets Day ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I assume that's all you have to say about that***

Mar 29, 2019, 3:10 PM

nailed it forrest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 29, 2019, 2:34 PM

Thank you Veterans!

here's google's doodle

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Never met anyone who was

Mar 29, 2019, 2:42 PM

actually spat on when they returned...wonder if this is fake news. I don't know. this was my era too and I was never sent there but had lots of friends who were. All of my friends came back alive and in one piece although one of them has had lots of trouble...on his 5th wife right now. I am beginning to wonder if the wives are the ones with problems since he is always able to find one to marry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Re: Never met anyone who was

Mar 29, 2019, 3:17 PM

.served during the war,but was never sent to Vietnam.had a friend,navy(gun boat)vet who was spat on upon returning from there.he eventually had a lot of trouble with ptsd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Never met anyone who was

Mar 29, 2019, 4:57 PM

Look at any news clips from those days and you will see plenty of spitting. Hordes of people in the streets and in the airports hurling expletives. I have several friends who came back mentally damaged. I can go on and on. Read your history.

Mar 29, 2019, 5:05 PM

Im humbled and grateful for the service of all our active military and vets.

Shamefully, some Washington politicians have chosen to make this day about something else rather than keeping respect of vets separate from policy disputes.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/democrats-replace-pow-mia-flags-with-transgender-equality-flags-to-protest-trumps-transgender-troops-ban

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 5:23 PM

I hope these photos load!

Top photo ... my Marines sweeping the road for land mines outside our compound (3rd Battalion, 1st Marines)

Second Photo ....... relaxing on top of a mountain overlooking Elephant Valley and calling in air strikes

3rd Photo ..... luxurious living quarters during an operation north of DaNang

Thanks to all my fellow Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Sailors. It was an honor to serve this great country!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 5:24 PM

Photos a little out of order, but you shouldn't have any trouble telling which is which!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic