Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dubyer tee eff?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 469

Dubyer tee eff?

Jun 17, 2020, 4:13 PM

"Garrett Rolfe kicked Brooks while he lay on the ground and the officer with him, Devin Brosnan, stood on Brooks' shoulder as he struggled for life after a confrontation Friday night, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said at a news conference."

So the cops were not nice to a criminal who was fighting and potentially trying to kill them? In a matter of weeks, escaped mental patients have taken over and we are now living in some sort of alternate reality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dubyer tee eff?

Jun 17, 2020, 4:14 PM

This is insane. I didn't watch the presser, but apparently the death penalty was mentioned for the cop.

If this is true, that is insane.

If I were an Atlanta cop, I would quit.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched the video.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:25 PM

Cop definitely needed to be fired. If you're going to get a weapon taken from you and pointed at you, that's a massive cop fail right there.

Guy was passed out drunk in the Wendy's drive thru. They got him out the car, he blew drunk, and they were going to give him a DUI. He then resisted arrest (fought), stole the cops taser and ran. As he ran, he turned around and pointed the taser at the cop chasing him. Not sure whether he fired it or not. But that's when the cop opened fire.

Now maybe they could get him on murder 2 since the taser is not lethal. But no way murder 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched the video.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:27 PM

He fired the taser

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently the DA argued last week the taser was lethal

Jun 17, 2020, 4:29 PM [ in reply to I watched the video. ]

But that was in an attempt to charge some other cops with something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This was after they shot him or before?***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

########. It's totally unrealistic and unfair to expect

Jun 17, 2020, 4:31 PM

Police to go from a life and death struggle (and yes, they had every right to assume their lives were in danger) to calm and rational in a couple of seconds. Technically, in a laboratory with all emotion removed, the suspect should not have been shot. But this was in the real world, and these cops were doing their job and came across a criminal who started a fight with them and grabbed their weapons.

- H. L. Mencken

I think I misunderstood, and I apologise.

Jun 17, 2020, 4:44 PM [ in reply to This was after they shot him or before?*** ]

Apparently it was after he'd been shot. Still don't think the charge is warranted, and don't think there's any way he's convicted of this murder charge, maybe a lower one.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dubyer tee eff?

Jun 17, 2020, 4:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have been fired

Not a big fan of the murder one charge. I think they will have a tough time making it stick. Would rather they charge him with manslaughter or something and get a conviction. But maybe Georgia law is different.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't know what they are but i think they have 11 charges

Jun 17, 2020, 5:20 PM

to choose from

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't murder 1 call for automatic change of venue?***

Jun 17, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Should have been fired ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just looked up the GA laws

Jun 17, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Should have been fired ]

A grand jury still has to decide whether or not to indict.***

Jun 17, 2020, 8:23 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: A grand jury still has to decide whether or not to indict.***

Jun 17, 2020, 8:27 PM

Sounds like what you'd do to make sure he stayed down

Guy was still alive when he got to the hospital, wasn't he? This DA is making it seem like Brooks never did what he did between the conversation with the police and getting shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or as if that had no bearing on the outcome.***

Jun 17, 2020, 5:51 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 17
| visibility 469
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic