Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apolitical new info (to me): 3 of 3: dirty money
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Apolitical new info (to me): 3 of 3: dirty money

Mar 27, 2020, 12:41 AM

Just got off a webinar hosted by an expert in my industry from Australia. He's traveling through China and Thailand and pointed out a few things we don't (to my knowledge) talk about here.

1) the covid 19 virus can survive 2 days on a hard surface, but IT CAN SURVIVE UP TO 9 DAYS ON CASH. Use plastic when possible. (My industry is cash-heavy.)

2) we all know the professionals need the masks BUT SO DO WE if we're not sequestered. The FDA recommends to make your own--an old Western-style bandanna works fine. It is not about preventing inhalation of the virus; it is about not picking the virus up on your hands and transferring it to your vulnerable area, your face. The mask/bandanna needs to cover your mouth and nose openings so even if you inadvertently scratch your nose you don't transfer germs there.

3) this gentleman was quarantined in a govt-commandeered hotel room for 14 days after arriving in China, in spite of being symptom-free, having had his temperature taken 11 times and being from an as-yet unaffected town in AU. His entire flight was quarantined. We here in the US have had our lives disrupted and we're angry about it because we don't trust our overlords to be reasonable in their expectations. What about my mortgage? My student loans? My insurance? My auto drafts? My credit rating? My kids' credit ratings?

But our lives have really not been disrupted YET as much as they could be.

Even though I've been social distancing at work and disinfecting every place I go, I've not been as protective as I should be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 3 of 3: dirty money

Mar 27, 2020, 12:47 AM

It survived 17 days in a cruise ship cabin after the guests were gone. It was still there 17 days after.

Mar 27, 2020, 12:52 AM

The “expert” and others that travel to China are the very reason this is a pandemic. Thank him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 1:25 AM

Don't be daft.

He's overseeing the restart of product manufacturing that was suspended but is now free to crank up.

Guess why?

The wave in China is ebbing, in a country with 3x more people and way more population density than ours.

Nobody is saying they did everything right to prevent the spread, or had all the best answers to fight the bug, but in a global economy the spread was inevitable. We had plenty of our CDC people over there at the time.

Play your stupid blame game somewhere else.

Mar 27, 2020, 4:18 AM

Get to work.... lol ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2020, 10:40 PM

Expect an all digital currency system to roll out really soon.

So I should have mined bitcoin, eh? Knew they were behind this!

Mar 27, 2020, 4:08 AM

Rex123 said:

Expect an all digital currency system to roll out really soon.

Message was edited by: MoneyMike23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 3 of 3: dirty money ]

Ah, the Bible says there will be one currency.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coronavirus has done more harm psychologically

Mar 27, 2020, 2:28 AM

To this country than it’ll ever do biologically. Less than 13% of those infected by the virus even need to be treated medically and less than 1.3% die from it and The overwhelming majority of them would’ve died if they would’ve gotten the standard flu. If we do not reverse course soon we’re going to damage our economy for at least a decade, last week over 3 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits this weeks number will be even higher it is time to stop being scared and go back to work an a normal life.

13% is a very high figure. That's slightly more than 1 in 8

Mar 27, 2020, 8:39 AM

I think that figure is still up in the air because we lack good information on how many are truly infected, but if the real hospitalization rate is 13% the virus could easily overwhelm hospitals in outbreak areas which is precisely why we've been asked to socially distance for awhile.

Re: 13% is a very high figure. That's slightly more than 1 in 8

Mar 27, 2020, 9:56 AM

Exactly. I keep hearing that flattening the curve does not reduce the number of infections, but I am not sure why it wouldn't. Assuming that is true however, this whole distancing thing is to keep our medical system from getting saturated, because if it does get saturated, deaths go way up (see Italy).

Deal with cash, eh? Running guns or drugs?

Mar 27, 2020, 4:07 AM

I kid I kid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers

Mar 27, 2020, 4:07 AM

While it survives on surfaces, I have heard human

Mar 27, 2020, 8:00 AM

to human contact is overwhelming source of infection.

Re: While it survives on surfaces, I have heard human

Mar 28, 2020, 12:16 AM

I'm not gonna disagree with that.

But my industry naturally practices social distancing.

The 40% of my customers who are still open are not doing either one. Restaurants are wiping down surfaces like crazy but are rarely wearing masks or separating work stations. Same thing at grocers and gas stations .

My understanding is that masks help slow spread not

Mar 27, 2020, 8:45 AM

by protecting the healthy but by containing some of the germs from infected people coughing in public.

Mar 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

I got take out where they wanted cash if possible and a local hardware store where they would only take plastic. Just a business by business thing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic