Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyway...we need to focus on Pitt!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,171

Anyway...we need to focus on Pitt!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 5:47 PM

Look, here are the facts. The SCAR game was a weird amalgam of things. We posted over 700 yards of offense on them...which is the most they've given up...ever...to anyone in all of history (if my stats are not mistaken). 56 points. TL setting records. Refs calling Vegas flags and dubious non-calls. Dabo (in my opinion) mistakenly blaming fans. Fans (in my opinion) not understanding that this football team finds ways to win games. If the D-fence is having an off night, our offense will get us over the line. Winning by 21 is awesome...and it should have been more. Would we be complaining about a 21-0 result over SCAR?

On the minus, yes...our secondary got torched for 500+ yards by Bentley and co. Give credit to SCAR for game-planning us and showing up to play. It's no secret we are weak there. Just like it's no secret our O-line is weak-ish. TL makes up for that by getting rid of the ball quickly and accurately or making a run when needs to. Defenses get burned and burned again and they eventually stop trying to blitz, which opens up the run game for ETN and co.

Pitt is one of those sleeper teams I dread playing. Teams know how to punch us back now and if they execute...it could catch us out. Do I think that will happen against Pitt? No. However, better skilled teams demand we play all three phases of the game darn near perfect. Offense, Defense and special teams have to be firing on all cylinders vs the likes of the red elephants.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And now ESPN is spinning his comments

Nov 27, 2018, 5:53 PM

totally out of control. This could hurt our recruiting, never mind distracting from Saturday night's ACCCG. Dabo said that he doesn't want negativity filtering down to the team... unfortunately, his comments are causing just that. IMO, he needs to clarify his comments sooner rather than later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And now ESPN is spinning his comments

Nov 27, 2018, 6:29 PM

I have to agree with you. Dabo's statement was ill-considered and unfortunate. I had a friend from Athens,call me towards the end of the game and ask,"Man, what has happened to your defense?" I was already in disbelief, as was our excellent defensive coordinator who described the performance as "embarrassing and disgusting." Does Dabo actually believe that this was any kind of acceptable performance by our D? Luckily, we had an offense that was talented enough to bail us out,something that won't likely happen against Alabama or even Notre Dame. I posted concerns about our defense following this game, not as a criticism but as honest concerns experienced by a faithful,long-term fan.If this keeps Dabo awake at night, then that's problem that he'll have to live with. "A rose is a rose is a rose. Two plus two equals four. The sun will rise in the morning. Our defense played terribly against South Carolina." These are called facts. Live with it, Coach.

Re: And now ESPN is spinning his comments

Nov 27, 2018, 6:41 PM [ in reply to And now ESPN is spinning his comments ]

I think that Dabo's comments will definitely have a negative impact on recruiting. Also, I fear that we may lose Brent Venables since his and Dabo's views regarding the Carolina game seem diametrically opposite. And I for one believe that Tigernet had it exactly right when they referred to many of us feeling like a win was a loss. And I guess no more Bentley jokes since he ate our defense alive.

Thank you David Hood and your

Nov 27, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to And now ESPN is spinning his comments ]

headline!!!

Now you will effect recruiting!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Hood's BS attacks on Dabo haven't worked in the past

Nov 27, 2018, 9:03 PM

and won't work this time either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he did in his press conference***

Nov 27, 2018, 9:10 PM [ in reply to And now ESPN is spinning his comments ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyway...we need to focus on Pitt!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 9:00 PM

Could you blow a small thing more out of proportion? No big deal.

Re: Anyway...we need to focus on Pitt!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 9:09 PM

Is this the new coot forum?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,171
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic