Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another Deptula gem just now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Another Deptula gem just now

Oct 29, 2019, 5:34 PM

Walt's take just now -" We need a 8 team playoff because this system is not working. We can't have Alabama and Clemson every year in the championship game ".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt....hey here's a question...How does a 8 team playoff

Oct 29, 2019, 5:38 PM

change that. and... Have you heard of the Keto diet?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt....hey here's a question...How does a 8 team playoff

Oct 29, 2019, 5:46 PM

Walt is really griping and moaning about the 4 team playoff. Its a "system with no rules" according to him ". Excuse me but we don't need someone around who is even in a round about way trying to delegitimize in any way the 2 titles we have won since college football went to the 4 team playoff.

"round about" thats walt for sure - nice one for Freud +1***

Oct 29, 2019, 5:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt....hey here's a question...How does a 8 team playoff

Oct 29, 2019, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Walt....hey here's a question...How does a 8 team playoff ]

With all the controversy over the BCS method of crowning a champion and the beauty contest voting after the bowl games, when do you think the last legitimate, deserving champion was crowned? This is what Walt needs to be asked if he doesn't like the current system.

Re: Another Deptula gem just now

Oct 29, 2019, 5:43 PM

The only thing he got right this year was aTm being a fraud...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he still licking PJ's nut sack?

Oct 5, 2017, 2:59 PM

I learned that here. I've never listened to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 5:46 PM

I like an 8 team playoff so that Clemson can basically be guaranteed a spot every year, even with a loss, plus it gives a non-Power 5 team a chance

again - this is different how? Is that you Walt?***

Oct 29, 2019, 5:52 PM

Re: again - this is different how? Is that you Walt?***

Oct 29, 2019, 6:20 PM

I think people are missing the big issue here. The teams cannot be decided in a boardroom. 5 power five champs are in regardless of record. Then the 3 at large teams. Top rated non power 5 team will be the 8th seed provided they are undefeated and ranked in the top 12 of 3 major poles. AP, coaches, and a BCS typewriter formula generated by a computer. You plug in a public set of numbers and it is what it is for that team. Then they can have their little committee seed the other teams after that. Max of 2 per any conference. If you are a powerhouse team dont lose in your title game. Simple as that. If a 8-5 team pulls an upset they are in. They earned it. This committee behind closed doors BS has to stop.

The reason an 8 team playoff would blow is easy...

Oct 29, 2019, 6:35 PM

It would be 3-4 SEC teams in every year. No thank you.

Re: again - this is different how? Is that you Walt?***

Oct 29, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: again - this is different how? Is that you Walt?*** ]

Dumbest suggestion yet

LOL. If we had 8 this year, it would be Clemson, Ohio State,

Oct 29, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Another Deptula gem just now ]

Baylor, Bama, LSU,Georgia,Florida,and Auburn.........

Luv u spud, but not quite right - 1 @ 2 would be paired up v

Oct 29, 2019, 6:06 PM

App State and SMU - a distinct advantage - 8 don't work any better than 6.

Re: Luv u spud, but not quite right - 1 @ 2 would be paired up v

Oct 29, 2019, 6:18 PM

You really think less than 5 would be from the SEC?

undefeated group of 5 would have to be in...or why else go

Oct 29, 2019, 6:20 PM

to 8

If we put in all undefeated teams, still room for

Oct 29, 2019, 7:30 PM

5 SEC wannabes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Another Deptula gem just now ]

When we start having 5,6,or 7 teams undefeated @ playoff time then I say yes. Clemson has been in 4 of the last 5 playoffs so there's nothing wrong with the way it is right now!!
GO TIGERS!!
Win and you're IN

Non-Power 5 teams still won't have a chance***

Oct 29, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Another Deptula gem just now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 29, 2019, 5:59 PM

Walt again just now "Titles mean more in an expanded playoffs and less in a smaller playoffs." Yep Clemson has 2 lessor national titles according to Walt .They just got them so easy because it wasn't an 8 team playoff .

Oct 29, 2019, 10:46 PM

It's a good thing Walt wasn't around when MLB had 2 leagues a bad no divisions. The winner of the NL played the winner of the AL. 7 games max in the post season.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:11 PM

enough is enough. If you play on a great team you pay for your scholarship by playing 15 games. If you go to Carolina you get your scholarship for attending 12 games and only playing in 4. 12 games and a conference championship are more than enough to determine a playoff roster. If you can't earn the berth in 12 games then you don't make the final 4. We could have a 64 team playoff including both the FCS and FBS. That way Sister Sadie's school for wayward girls could upset Alabama in the first round. Championship Winner could to be the first team to go 18 - 0.

Oct 29, 2019, 6:17 PM

I said a few weeks ago that I thought Walt had crossed into "Dan Scott " territory , meaning you say one too many dumb and annoying things about Clemson then you need to pack your bags .Didn't Mickey bring Walt in back when ? I wouldn't mind it at all if Mickey told him to hit the bricks .

Oct 30, 2019, 4:04 PM

As long as Mickey also says "...and I'm coming too."

Oct 29, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Another Deptula gem just now ]

Agreed! Enough is Enough!
Its a PLAYOFF not a Tournament. I'm sorry if (insert your favorite team here) got left out. Shoulda won more games! If they go to 8 teams, they may as well go to "Double-Elimination Pool Play" so no one will know what in the name of Chicken Feet is going on.

Anything more than a 4 team playoff waters down the

Oct 29, 2019, 6:22 PM

regular season. No thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Anything more than a 4 team playoff waters down the

Oct 30, 2019, 3:56 PM

Agree 100% . Losses mean something right now. I don't want any debate about a 2 loss team winning the national championship.

Good thing Walt wasn't around when UCLA was winning

Oct 29, 2019, 6:39 PM

SEVEN basketball championships IN A ROW. He would have wanted to expand March Madness to 250 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good thing Walt wasn't around when UCLA was winning

Oct 29, 2019, 7:23 PM

Which year does Walt think the best team in the country didn’t get into the CFP? Which year does Walt think the best team in the country didn’t win the CFP?

Well, there were only 25 in, when UCLA won 8 or 9 straight!***

Oct 29, 2019, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Good thing Walt wasn't around when UCLA was winning ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 9:30 PM

For the Power 5 Conferences, 4 teams u
Is the way to go. The 4 best teams get in because there is very little room for error. If there was an 8 team playoff, the first 12 games would have less importance because Clemson, Bama, UGA, O31O, OK, Oregon and etc. would know they are pretty much guaranteed to get in with one loss.

Clemson may not have made the playoffs in 2016 after losing to Pitt if Michigan and Washington had not lost the same day? That kept the Tigers ahead of them. 3 of the 4 playoff teams had one loss in 2016 and Clemson had played a brutal schedule.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 1:53 PM

Walt Deptula ... Howard Cosell without all the charm.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic