Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyoos 90s era tigers remember occifer Hand?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 481

Anyoos 90s era tigers remember occifer Hand?

Dec 4, 2020, 10:16 AM

State transport cop now.

Was involved in situation in Greenville a day or two ago where he had someone pulled over and a DUI guy went to bowling into them. Person Hand had pulled over deaded, Hand was in his vehicle and went to the hospital but is ok, DUI guy ran and was arrested.

GITT with your best Hand stories. Mine are limited to Hand and to Henkle (and maybe another or two), and none of them will be shared even under the cloak of anonymity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aloha, Officer Hand.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:21 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyoos 90s era tigers remember occifer Hand?

Dec 4, 2020, 10:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Hand was the guy who busted us in DV.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:22 AM

We had rented the presidents suite for an event Saturday night. They told us to turn the keys in Monday, so of course we went back Sunday for a 2nd helping.

Hand banged on the gate at the bottom of the ramp and yelled at us until we reluctantly let him in. He and Henkel confiscated all our booze.

He would have been much safer staying on with CPD

Dec 4, 2020, 10:26 AM

In lieu of dealing with armed robbers, attempted rapists, and other scary people, he could be living the good life ambushing college kids at Bi-Lo and snooping around their apartment complexes looking for bongs through the windows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or better yet, he could be running around handing out

Dec 4, 2020, 10:29 AM

mask violations.

Was riding shotgun with girlfriend (who was good friends

Dec 4, 2020, 10:33 AM

with Geddings, less so with Dickhead Hand) through downtown, driving up College Ave towards 93. Tipped my beer back near Judge Keller's, and whaddya know, Hand was there on the sidewalk. We made eye contact as I was making sweet, sweet mouthsex with a Bud Light bottle. I'm thinking "shit, we better get out of here!", and girlfriend obviously isn't a mindreader, because she whips her car into the Manifest parking lot because she saw a space. We quickly exit vehicle as Hand comes jogging across the street. Asks me what I was drinking. "Nothing." He opens the car door and finds Bud Light bottle in floorboard. Writes me a ticket for, whatever, open container, maybe? Is that even a ticket now if the driver isn't drunk?

Anyway, it was something like $165, which I certainly didn't have in college, so I asked for a jury trial a month later when it was due, just to kick the can down the road some. Hand comes up to me in TTT a week or two after that and was obviously agitated that I had requested a jury. Begrudgingly paid fine a month or two later with no jury trial.

TLDR: Geddings was cool. Hand was a tool. Probably still is, what with his flat-top haircut and dago mustache and sadness in his eyes about getting picked on in high school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHOA

Dec 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

Geddings. Forgot about Geddings.

Is it bad that we know the law by name, or just a product of the times in a small town?

Imma go with bad. Not so much a small town when fall/spring semesters are in.

Perhaps Lakebum can use some of his phone/online ordering science to determine if these relationships were formed during summers when population was down, if perhaps I was just a hooligan, or if these handful of lawmen were just that visible. Nevermind I think I know the answer.

I don't think it's bad or anything, those were just the

Dec 4, 2020, 10:49 AM

downtown beat cops in that era. We weren't necessarily getting in fights and puking in the middle of College Ave. (usually), but we were part of large crowds that were doing that stuff. Just like John O and Potter were the staples at TD's. There's a reason we don't know the dayshift cops or bartenders in Clemson in the '90s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True story bro

Dec 4, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to WHOA ]

I lived year round my last two yeras in Clemson, I didn't see a single cop over the summer. I did some truly debauched #### during those times

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it stayed like that up until fairly recently

Dec 4, 2020, 11:03 AM

Then they'd be cracking skulls all September to make up for what I assume is a lack of revenue.

Now Clemson in the summer is this weird hodge podge of people....Older people who retired, students, and random people who seemingly don't exactly live in the area, but are kind of like gypsies living out of their super nice campers.

If I could go back to 2009
Boy I tell you everything'd be fine
Sippin' MD 20/20 like it was nice wine
Ohhh yeahhh, commitin' felonies in the summer timeeeeee
oooooohhhh yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyoos 90s era tigers remember occifer Hand?

Dec 4, 2020, 10:40 AM

Everybody hated that guy.

What was the name of the cop who got shot in the foot at TTT

Dec 4, 2020, 11:09 AM

with his own gun?

He worked at Blockbuster too.

lulz, i forgot about that....***

Dec 4, 2020, 12:32 PM

Didn't some chick try to grab his gun, and it went off?***

Dec 4, 2020, 12:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I remember HER name just not the cop's.***

Dec 4, 2020, 1:34 PM

Joe Hand was OK. I knew him well from working downtown.

Dec 4, 2020, 12:22 PM

just a typical small town cop. hope he heals up and gets back to 100%.

Frand of mine drove past it shortly after it happened

Dec 4, 2020, 12:31 PM

deaded dude was lying in street, face-up....after the first impact, he got 'tossed' into traffic, where a roofing company truck hit him (again. Maybe ran over him, not clear on that)

anyhoo, roofing truck guy was also out of his car, balling his eyes out...seems other cops were just getting on scene, if i recall chat correctly...

Replies: 17
| visibility 481
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic