Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don’t understand hunting Bears in SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I don’t understand hunting Bears in SC

Feb 4, 2021, 9:04 PM

112 bears were killed in SC in 2019, 25 of them in Greenville county. And they just opened a game zone 2 in non mountain areas of the upstate. My parents live in upper Gville county, we see bears in the spring when they venture into the peach orchards to eat them off the ground and trees. But we have never once had an issue w a bear being a problem. Why not let the population spread into the Piedmont? I grew up a deer hunter and still do, but hunting other predators that are not a problem to the community just doesn’t seem right to me.

Maybe I’m not looking at it the right way. Idk. I enjoy seeing the bears in the spring. The kids love it too. Plus it’s not like w a deer that you can tell male or female, so almost the same number of females killed every year hurting the reproductive capabilities of the population. Change my mind...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a personal attack but

Feb 4, 2021, 9:18 PM

p u s s y.

HTH. Rugs are needed in cold weather.

Message was edited by: clawpaw®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has nothing to do w the killing part.

Feb 4, 2021, 9:46 PM

I enjoy deer hunting, hogs, coyotes. Bears are much rarer in the upstate. Just wouldn’t mind then spreading to be able to see them more often.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They come down to Atlanta neighborhoods every Spring

Feb 4, 2021, 9:48 PM

No one shoots them, they get taken back out the woods if caught. Heard there's some kind of panther running around now out there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Estimated SC population just over 1000

Feb 4, 2021, 9:56 PM

So 10% of the population is being killed every year...

Georgia actually has 4-5k population with 361 killed in 2019. So a little less % but still a decent amount of the population.

Re: I don’t understand hunting Bears in SC

Feb 4, 2021, 9:29 PM

A bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana and sits down. He bangs on the bar with his paw and demands a beer.
The bartender approaches and says, "We don't serve beer to bears in bars in Billings."
The bear, becoming angry, demands again that he be served a beer.
The bartender tells him again, more forcefully, "We don't serve beer to belligerent bears in bars in Billings."
The bear, very angry now, says, "If you don't serve me a beer, I'm going to eat that lady sitting at the end of the bar."
The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings."
The bear goes to the end of the bar, and, as promised, eats the woman. He comes back to his seat and again demands a beer.
The bartender states, "Sorry, we don't serve beer to belligerent, bully bears in bars in Billings who are on drugs."
The bear says, "I'm NOT on drugs."
The bartender says, "You are now. That was a barbitchyouate."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing he wasn't drinking, that's a heavy combination.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:10 PM

speaking from experience from ankle injury years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're right, and I didn't have an ankle injury,

Feb 4, 2021, 10:17 PM

but I watched a couple episodes of Anna Nicole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State doesn’t generate revenue by not selling bear tags***

Feb 4, 2021, 9:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

This response makes sense***

Feb 4, 2021, 9:48 PM

we see bears in the spring here too. Have had several

Feb 4, 2021, 10:05 PM

bird feeder steel shepherd's hooks vbent over, feeders destroyed, etc. through the years. We see them occasionally. They're cool. Not a big problem as long as neighbors don't leave out trash cans, etc to entice them. There is a bear season here, but I don't hunt. Deer are thick here, more of an issue for us. And I have field mice that frequent my grill, occasionally trying to nest there. That's an issue. We also have rabbits and other wildabeasts around here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone remember the Old Mill Stream in Greenville?

Feb 4, 2021, 10:11 PM

Restaurant down at hwy 14 and pelham rd....later on it was Fatz, then it burned down "mysteriously" when the owner was having money troubles.

Anyway, when I was a kid they had a black bear out front and it was in a really small pen....I was only 8 or 9 at the time, but going off memory like a 4x8 pen. Thought it was cool seeing it when I was really little, then it seemed a little sad when I got old enough to realize what was going on. I hope it lived a better existence than I'm remembering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's amazing what a small black bear weighs.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:17 PM

doesn't seem like it when they're on all fours, but they're thick.

Bear walks into a bar in Billings, Montana.

Feb 5, 2021, 8:39 AM

Says "Barkeep, get me a beer."

Bartender says, "what?"

Bear says, "..... ...... get me a beer, please."

"OK, but why the big pause?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same bear finishes his beer. Tells the bartender, "I gotta

Feb 5, 2021, 8:43 AM

head to the woods"

Bartender says, "Why? Do you have to take a #####?"

Bear says, "No it's where I live"

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Bartender looks up from his want ads,

Feb 5, 2021, 8:44 AM

says all I wanna do is have some fun.

TXTF is a master at hunting for bears***

Feb 5, 2021, 8:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

A bear and a rabbit find a genie in a bottle

Feb 5, 2021, 9:11 AM

The genie says b/c you have released me from this bottle, I will give you both 3 wishes.

Bear1: I want to be the strongest bear in all the woods

Rabbit 1: I want a helmet

Bear2: I want to be the best looking bear in all the woods

Rabbit2: I want a little moped

Bear3: I want all the sows to desire me above everything else

Rabbit3: I want him to be ghey

And the rabbit hopped on his moped and sped away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic