Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone pay attention to the FBI BBall schools?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anyone pay attention to the FBI BBall schools?

Feb 15, 2021, 7:36 AM

It's amazing how common the bluebloods became after they could not buy players with shoe money. I looked up these records 2-3 days ago. But look what happens when schools dont buy every 1-n-out player and put them on the same team.

SEC:
Kentucky 6-13
Florida 10-5

ACC:
Louis 11-4
Duke 8-8
UNC 12-7

Big 12:
Kansas 15-7
Iowa St 2-14

Pac 12:
Arizona 14-7
Oregon 12-4
Az St 6-9
Cal 7-15

East:
GTown 6-10
Uconn 9-5

I don't recall any Big 10 schools that got busted except Mich St and I forgot to look up record. That said, look at all these schools that used to buy talent and now not a single ream leads their conference and not only thst, they typically are mid to lower conference in terms of conference schedule.

I remember ole Calipari fighting not to play this season, after a successful Football season, but he knew his team sucked and he needed time to bring next recruits in and train existing.

But, its very apparent that when these schools don't buy players annually, they are mid-level P5 teams and no better than the rest. The legit schools that were top level bball without the shoe store money like the P5s, think Gonzaga,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone pay attention to the FBI BBall schools?

Feb 15, 2021, 7:40 AM

Hit Post button premature. BUT..

The schools that were good without shoe $ are still good like Gonzaga, Creighton, etc

Just pointing out the obvious. The bball world was super corrupt. But Im sure there will be Trolls say the same about elite football programs today?

If you think that there is this much corruption in

Feb 16, 2021, 4:34 PM

basketball(Spoiler Alert: there is) and NONE of it goes on in football, you are being incredibly naive

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mich St isn't great either

Feb 15, 2021, 7:47 AM

10-8 overall and 4-8 in conference. They are ranked 11th in the conference. Probably first time in 20yrs ranked that low in conference. Another school that lost their guaranteed players and now must contend or NOT with schools that didn't buy players.

As I said in a previous post, this is why I reject the “proven winner”

Feb 15, 2021, 8:59 AM

Concept in men’s basketball. If we parted ways with BB, some say we have to open the wallet and get a coach who is a “proven winner”, but we see how most of them actually won, and it’s not pretty.

null

Re: As I said in a previous post, this is why I reject the “proven winner”

Feb 15, 2021, 10:07 AM

Have to take a lower tier proven winner I guess. The last 10yrs of proven winners had shoes buying their teams obviously.

That said, after i studied these numbers, while great BBall schools like Duke and UNC, maybe coaches and teams wont lose players like Zion, this will even the field tremendously. Maybe CBB does compete in the new world of MBBALL as long as rules don't change again in near future?

Feb 15, 2021, 9:17 AM

Interesting.
I'd like to see Sports Illustrated do a follow up on your post. Now THAT would he interesting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone checked on Coach K's back ?

Feb 15, 2021, 10:01 AM

This looks like the type of season where he would have a flare up.

Feb 15, 2021, 10:18 AM

I never see anything about an FBI school. They must be very secretive.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 15, 2021, 10:28 AM

VERY! But I didn't tell you!

Feb 15, 2021, 11:51 AM

You are mistaken if you think that these programs have not continued to buy players.

Feb 16, 2021, 11:50 AM

Teams with a lot of 1 and done players are hampered by lack of practice due to covid.

Teams that have 4 year players and don't expect freshmen to come in and contribute have a real advantage.

As much as I hate UNC, they weren't buying 1 and done players until recently because of probation hanging over their head due to their academic cheating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2021, 1:55 PM

It doesn't help that the SEC had started to "invest" in basketball like they have football for so many years.

Feb 16, 2021, 2:16 PM

Florida is clean under Mike White.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic