Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone listening to the Pee Dee Sportscenter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Anyone listening to the Pee Dee Sportscenter

Apr 24, 2012, 5:51 PM

In Florence and happen to hear the answer to the trivia question? "what were the colors of Clemson's uniforms in the first football game in 1896?"

I swear I called in with the right answer but was told I was incorrect. Didn't catch the "correct" one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess...

Apr 24, 2012, 6:12 PM

Not listening to the program you mentioned, but it seems like I recall reading that the original football colors were changed because they resembled USuC too much...maybe red and purple?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Google is powerful

Apr 24, 2012, 6:16 PM

Orange, Purple and the Tiger — The first “colors” of Clemson can be seen in an early diploma displayed on campus. But to everyone’s surprise, they’re red and blue! The orange and purple began when Walter Merritt Riggs formed Clemson’s first football team in 1896. Because Riggs had come from Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama (later renamed Auburn), he borrowed ideas from their team colors, orange and purple, and their mascot, the Tiger. Although the football team was known as the Tigers and often used “Eat ‘Em Up, Tigers” as a slogan, it wasn’t until 1954 that a Clemson student donned the mascot suit. In 1993, the Tiger was joined by the Tiger Cub.

Re: Google is powerful

Apr 24, 2012, 10:03 PM

Exactly. I answered Orange and Purple, (which some debate was navy blue) figuring it was meant to be a trick trivia and was told I was incorrect. So I called back and answered Red and Blue, thinking thee couple of coot show hosts were morons. And again, incorrect. When I turned up the radio after hanging up, all I heard was "red".

That's what I get for participating with a show run by coot to try and win prowl and growl tickets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone listening to the Pee Dee Sportscenter

Apr 25, 2012, 12:11 AM

Does Florence have radio/television?

Re: Anyone listening to the Pee Dee Sportscenter

Apr 25, 2012, 1:33 PM

Yep, Billy Bob and Jimmy ran the wirin' yesterday.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic