Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 809

Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal?

Dec 15, 2020, 11:24 AM

Obviously CT1988, though he's been conspicuously absent since the Electoral College votes started coming in.

Anyone else? Seems like even Miura and OrangeCrush have moved on to other more critical topics like the Biden Crime Family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal?

Dec 15, 2020, 11:28 AM

1988 as you satted. T3 says he doesn't know for sure, but seems to lean that way. Miura just thinks we are all idiots for voting Trump out, who he sees as the greatest president in US history. I am not sure about OrangeCrush.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden's win isn't a win for America. It was the best of two

Dec 15, 2020, 11:37 AM

losses. He's part of a broken system. Trump was a train wreck trying to change that system. Too abrasive, unrelenting, and the art of the rule was no way to fix things.

But Biden works with the broken system, he's part of it. And a functioning bad system is better than a failed bad system. I sure hope the GOP can pull someone actually good and decent (who can explain WHY they're a conservative for example) from their ranks who didn't go nuts on the Trump trainwreck. Trump has tarnished a good portion of the GOP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden's win isn't a win for America. It was the best of two

Dec 15, 2020, 11:44 AM

Exactly. Biden just slowed the bleeding from Trump. We need to pick well in 2024. Hopefully we are all alive to see it.

Re: Biden's win isn't a win for America. It was the best of two

Dec 15, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Biden's win isn't a win for America. It was the best of two ]

Tiggity,

You seem like a thoughtful person so give this some thought. What are the top, say 5 things, that you would like to see happen to "fix" the broken system. Don't feel compelled to stick to 5.

Congressional term limits. Balanced budget amendment.

Dec 15, 2020, 3:21 PM

A fair tax system with a flat rate (tapering off below $50k). Increase in the capital gains tax. Enforce immigration laws. A 10% reduction in spending (including baseline budgeting) across the board, everywhere. Invest in infrastructure more. Hold internet companies libel for published materials. Not internet service providers, but hosts of servers who allow anything to be posted. Tax credits for school choice. Raise the SS retirement age. Fairness doctrine wasn't bad either. Bring that back. Line item veto as well. Just some things that would help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congressional term limits. Balanced budget amendment.

Dec 15, 2020, 3:52 PM

Why increase the capital gains tax? I am totally opposed to that. I could live with the fair tax. I prefer a national sales tax of 10% and done!

Because it's being used to launder debt dollars

Dec 16, 2020, 8:25 AM

with unequal taxation. So if you profit on debt, you profit more through the markets, and then more when you sell at a lower tax. That's why the markets pay such attention to interest rates. They drop, debt becomes cheaper, investments flow in, market increases, and stocks rise. Giving you an added asset. And when you sell, it's taxed less than if you made that same amount as income. It's a big way the rich get richer.

Wealth inequality in the US is already out of control

Dec 16, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Congressional term limits. Balanced budget amendment. ]

and your suggestions would only make it worse. Sales tax and other consumption taxes tend to hit poor people the hardest. Capital gains should be taxed like any other income. Doesn't make sense that billionaires pay a lower tax rate than their secretaries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congressional term limits. Balanced budget amendment.

Dec 16, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Congressional term limits. Balanced budget amendment. ]

I'd back just about all of that.

Iffy on school choice. I think it'd be used to effectively gut the public school system and even if you make schools metric-based what you'd wind up with is schools choosing their students as opposed to the other way around.

I'd also add my two biggest - ranked choice voting, and across-the-board neutral arbitration for congressional districts. Gerrymandering is about the least Democratic thing I've ever seen...again, it's our politicians choosing their voters (at representation ratios that are almost criminal, in every sense of the word), as opposed to the other way around. Nothing is more dangerous than a politician who thinks he's "safe" as long as he or she caters to the fringes in their particular district.

I voted Republican 80% of presidential elections, but after Trump never again

Dec 15, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Biden's win isn't a win for America. It was the best of two ]

They lost me forever after that.

Re: I voted Republican 80% of presidential elections, but after Trump never again

Dec 15, 2020, 4:33 PM

Which of Trumps policies did you not like?

Dec 15, 2020, 11:55 AM

With the EC votes in, the steal is apparently done. Good job Xi! Your pandemic got rid of the only guy willing to stand up to you! Way to go you chipmunk-cheeked commie!

Joe will get just as much respect from me as the dem's gave Trump... Zero. He's about as ligit as O.J. is innocent.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:56 AM

^ Here's one ^

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

Joe will get just as much respect from me as the dem's gave Trump...

This Dem congratulated those who voted for Trump on their victory, and said that we should work together. Not all Dems (or Pubs) are the same, and you don't need to emulate the worst of either party.

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20419910

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 12:12 PM

I meant the dems in Washington and the media. You know, that whole 'resist' bunch. Now they get to see what its like when about 40% of the country doesn't believe their guy is legit. Or barely even cognizant for that matter.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:23 PM

Agreed, there are terrible people out there, in both parties. And each side has to put up with the worst from the other.

Dec 15, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

You know, regardless of which side you think is more disrespectful or extreme or ignorant of the facts - at some point (how about now) we ALL need to grow up and start talking with each other. democracy cannot survive if there are two sets of "reality"

I acknowledge the Reps who decry, "NOW you want to work together !" But if WE don't work together, we are going to fall apart. i am not asking conservatives to give away the house, but can't we listen to each other in a spirit of compromise. It's got to be about US - all of US - winning to some extent and not just about Us beating THEM.

We complain when the members of Congress take this approach, but how much better do we Americans treat each other ? Let's commit to trying to agree on evidence and facts and then see if we can find some common ground on policy. If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

Why would any person with morals or half a brain respect Trump? He is a deplorable human being and an awful leader. Trump earned his disrespect.

Hoping it never ends.***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 12:47 PM

ZERO way Biden gets in the White House!

Read up on contested elections and the Insurrection Act

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am trying to imagine the level of stupidity required to

Dec 15, 2020, 12:49 PM

believe this, and cannot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I am trying to imagine the level of stupidity required to

Dec 15, 2020, 1:13 PM

did you read the insurrection act libtard, he is telling us Trump is going to Deploy the national guard to stay in power. I need to run home really quick and change I lol so hard.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

NJ,

Go back to Xanadu, man.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:05 PM

You people are either lemmings or fools! You'll see the "Stop The Stealers" when Biden comes for our guns!

"Take the guns first, go through due process second"

Dec 15, 2020, 1:09 PM

Anyone remember who said that? It wasn't Biden..

"I like taking the guns early.. to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

Dec 15, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

That's hilarious. Nobody has ever come for your guns, but you think Biden will take the time and danger to even attempt that? You've been brainwashed. If there are any gun laws changed it will be about background checks and certain guns that can be sold. Whatever guns you have will never be touched. Get real. Hard to believe that's even an issue for you.

Dec 15, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone here still on Team Stop-The-Steal? ]

Raven,

Y'all said the same thing about Obama and in 8 years it never happened. What makes you think Biden will be any different ?

Dec 15, 2020, 2:18 PM

spoon,

Yeah Muira & OC don't have a leg to stand on about the election, so now they are imagining all of the possible problems that might arise under Biden.

One of the things that occurs to me more often as i get older - sometimes the best thing to do is keep quiet. Perhaps the reactionaries here could wait a few months and see how Biden actually governs.

Dec 15, 2020, 4:14 PM

The Dems just call it “looting” , and that’s just fine with them. Stealing is bad, but looting is always justified.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 4:35 PM

hard to believe MI, WI, NY, PA, GA gonna lay down and accept their bondage

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 4:39 PM

Why would they? They aren't. They would if they went with what you want. Luckily we live in a democracy as much as you hate it. They voted for Biden though. So there's that.

Replies: 31
| visibility 809
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic