Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else think TL is holding the ball way too long?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Anyone else think TL is holding the ball way too long?

Oct 7, 2018, 12:39 PM

When he drop back and is wanting to hut the deep ball, he seems to have very little pocket awareness and has taken many sacks as a result of him holding the ball too long.

Its not fair to expect the OL to block for you for 4-5 seconds and not even be looking for the pass rusher. Hopefully Streeter can get that fixed bc a good DL is going to eat him alive. In retrospect, that may be why KB played most of the snaps against TAM.

** Just to be clear, I love the kid and say wow everytime he snaps that ball out. Heck, HR even looked like he doubled over catching one of those balls yesterday. He's a great one, glad he's a Tiger!

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anyone else think TL is holding the ball way too long?

Oct 7, 2018, 12:42 PM

He’s holding it too long, Chase Brice has better pocket awareness imo but I think it’s an experience thing that will correct itself, example, he will never slide forward again after that hit he took.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure about that. Brice moved right into sacks

Oct 7, 2018, 1:18 PM

Two or three times against Cuse when he could've just stepped up in the pocket.

And yes, TL is holding the ball too long on occasion.

What do both players have in common? They are young freshman, especially Lawrence. Both are going to make mistakes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 12:42 PM

Our take on this is that he's still adjusting to the quickness of the game. I have all faith this will be sorted out soon. He's an intelligent, gifted athlete with a great coaching staff analyzing and adjusting all he does.

Oct 7, 2018, 12:44 PM

He's got to get it off a little quicker yes , and that will come with college experience .

So glad that kid chose Clemson University . He is a stuuuuuuuuuuud !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 7, 2018, 12:45 PM

His internal clock needs some serious adjustment. :)

the two sacks

Oct 7, 2018, 12:46 PM

one dude came in untouched. The other was kind of bizarre. The left side DE got blocked and he ended up going around a double team on the other side and just popped out at TL. Not much he could have done in either situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not attempting to criticize TL here and

Oct 7, 2018, 1:22 PM

Deshaun may not have recognized it as a freshman either. However DW in his last two years would have seen it, called an audible and burned them. I’m hoping Trevor will get there. We got spoiled rotten with Deshaun. He made our protection look better than it was??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not attempting to criticize TL here and

Oct 7, 2018, 1:25 PM

Trevor surpassed DW's high school records in GA ... hoping he does the same by the orange shores of Lake Hartwell .

DB23

DW4 was one of a kind and simply had eyes in the back

Oct 7, 2018, 1:25 PM [ in reply to I’m not attempting to criticize TL here and ]

he Was able to do that in high school. He’ll improve

Oct 7, 2018, 12:48 PM

more with more playing time.

Yeah it appears that way

Oct 7, 2018, 12:49 PM

Especially the last 2 games.

Re: Yeah it appears that way

Oct 7, 2018, 12:53 PM

yep trevor is just a terrible qb. get him outta there. smfh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU FORGOT TO HIT ALL CAPS. Wishing you a happy day.***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:22 PM

null

No, he usually gets rid of it in less than a second

Oct 7, 2018, 1:14 PM

of course, that's because he's usually throwing a WR screen

Re: No, he usually gets rid of it in less than a second***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:17 PM

Re: No, he usually gets rid of it in less than a second

Oct 7, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to No, he usually gets rid of it in less than a second ]

good old uttles. isnt it hilarious that this guy claims to be a clemson fan.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:28 PM

He is a freshman. He may be the best freshman in the nation, but still a freshman. From a grading standpoint, it is much more preferable for a young Q.B. to over stay the pocket tan to have one who flushes too early.

That's a great point. Much better than happy feet.. TU!***

Oct 7, 2018, 1:41 PM

null

Oct 7, 2018, 1:29 PM

I do :)

I think he has occasionally

Oct 7, 2018, 1:29 PM

Re: I think he has occasionally

Oct 7, 2018, 1:41 PM

Definitely.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:46 PM

He's the All World QB, not me.

Oct 7, 2018, 1:56 PM

I didn’t get to see any replays of receivers on their routes but I was asking people if our receivers just aren’t getting separation. If there is a crack Trevor will test it. Maybe he felt limitations after tweaking his leg and making a few off target throws and wasn’t trusting himself. Maybe he just decided to lean on the D and not make mistakes after flat dropping the ball early.

Yes. And missing open receivers short on the side he's

Oct 7, 2018, 2:23 PM

ignoring.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. And missing open receivers short on the side he's

Oct 7, 2018, 2:26 PM

wonder how many of you goobers were begging for trevor to start 3 weeks ago. well you got your wish. the guy is a true freshman. there will be a few growing pains. guess he was supposed to be joe montana right out of the gate huh

Oct 7, 2018, 2:32 PM

Here's the good news. He's only going to get better with time and more reps. The whole point of the change from KB was to get TL in peak form for the playoff run and that means living with a few growing pains early on. We hoped KB would still be there to provide mentorship and leadership but he chose a different path. I think TL has a maturity beyond his years and he is going to get where we need him to be very quickly. We just need to pray he stays healthy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2018, 3:09 PM

I love KB2 and still do but he jumped too quickly. Think about it. If he had stayed, he would have been scheduled to alternate vs Syracuse. So he would have actually played 3.5 quarters vs Syracuse and probably have gotten a dominant win. So then he would have been the starter vs WF. And from what we have seen, they struggle MIGHTILY against the run. So, even splitting time with TL16, KB2 may have had a career rushing day. So, it could be argued, that he maybe would have been the starter going into NCSt too. But he did what he did..and we are where we are.

More on topic - I do think TL16 has held the ball too long a few times. And I havent seen as many 50/50 balls to Higgins or Ross that I thought I would see. But he is a true freshman in one of the most successful programs in the country. Just keep winning and learning and let's see where we are come late Nov into Dec (and beyond, we hope)!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic