Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else nervous that SCAR may try to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Anyone else nervous that SCAR may try to

Oct 30, 2018, 1:25 PM

hire Kiffin after they fire Muschump, next year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Anyone else nervous that SCAR may try to

Oct 30, 2018, 1:45 PM

I thought Ewwwwlain was their next choice...

Oct 30, 2018, 6:37 PM

They will owe him too much money, It's about $35,000. They are stuck with him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 9:52 PM

$35k is real money here in the state capital. They will have to sell some cabeeses.

Nice knowing you.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:51 PM

#bmeist

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

But was it really nice, or are you just saying that?***

Oct 30, 2018, 2:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 30, 2018, 1:53 PM

Kiffen reminds me of a younger version of Petrino. Low character, overhyped, zero evidence of sustained success and not much evidence of temporary success. Sounds exactly like the kind of hire the coots make. They should go for it, I’m getting bored with laughing at Chump.

^^^^^So you're saying they will hire LK?^^^^^***

Oct 30, 2018, 1:58 PM

Oct 30, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else nervous that SCAR may try to ]

Lane Kiffin is destined to be a coot. So it is written, so it shall be.

Who cares who they hire?

Oct 30, 2018, 2:12 PM

They hired two coaches that won the national title at other schools and they both won absolutely zilch with the gamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make that three!!! Dietzel, Holtz, Spurrier

Oct 30, 2018, 2:17 PM

And they have never hired a coach who went on to coach at another D-1 school!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares who they hire?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Who cares who they hire? ]

Three actually, Paul Dietzel was the first.

Oct 30, 2018, 2:15 PM

I think they should keep Mushamp for at least another 5 years. Is it really fair to judge a coach's success prior to year 8?

Kiffin would be a major step up in coaching ability than Muschamp, but he wouldn't be able to recruit enough talent to win much more than Muschamp has.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...nervous...lol

Oct 30, 2018, 2:39 PM

Tennessee and Southern Cal are both still struggling to recover from $#!7 sandwich Kiffin left those programs to eat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 30, 2018, 7:09 PM

I was not. Now you done got me worried.

Oct 30, 2018, 7:48 PM

I've felt from the beginning that Muschamp was the wrong hire for them. Not because Muschamp is a bad coach but because it seems like defensive coaches, especially those with no personality, don't ever do well at C-list programs like SC. Schools like SC do better with flashy offenses and coaches to match.

I think of Kiffen as a wannabe Spurrier and since SC is the wannabe USC perhaps they would be a perfect match.

Oct 30, 2018, 9:16 PM

Saban could not Turn USUC around. There is no willingness there to spend the money it takes to be top tier.

Don't say they won't spend money. They pay Muschump over

Oct 31, 2018, 4:03 AM

3 mill per year, when he could have been had for less than half that!

Oct 31, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else nervous that SCAR may try to ]

I disagree. It looks to me like SC thinks they can buy success. They're spending big bucks but not getting big returns. They are spending dump trucks full of money and finishing 3rd or 4th this year in the East Div.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:00 PM

I said before the season started that Kendall Briles was the brains behind that offense last season. The Lane train has been derailed this year without Briles, and Briles has Houston tearing it up. So yeah, Kiffin can tweet. Hire away however.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 3:57 AM

It thank Lane Kiffin is a little smarter than we give him credit for. If the coots Fire Muschump they will have trouble finding a coach who cares more about the money than building a winning program. A coach could go to cootland and make enough $$$ to retire in Florida. By the time Ray Tanner realizes he has hired a for the money coach he may be unemployed. His next football HC hire is a career changer for him.

The coots need to blow up WB. Build a new state of the art stadium with a college village surrounding the stadium. Then hire a young energetic coach like Dabo with Character and Vision. Give him at least 10 years to change coot culture and change the program. Give him money to hire quality assistance. Bring back some former players to be a part of the athletics at SC. It will require faith and support from the fans. Build student friendly athletic facilities. This will be a start but the change many coot fans want may not happen in ther lifetime. But it could happen for future generations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 5:00 AM

Kiffin will be at Auburn in a year getting paid a boatload of money to beat Saban...and he'll be passionate about doing so.

Interesting prediction....***

Oct 31, 2018, 5:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 5:59 AM

Although he seems like a logical choice under the Coot method of hiring coaches Kiffen won't go to a major program for a while. His ex wife would still get alot of the money he would make from the divorce. That why he's at a lower level program and will stay there as a middle finger to his ex.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic