Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Anyone else

Jan 9, 2020, 9:39 AM

Anyone else not as worried about LSU than they werew about OSU? Dont get me wrong LSU will be tough but i feel like they nly have two maybe 3 weapons where OSU had at least 10.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is my general feeling as well.***

Jan 9, 2020, 9:43 AM

I'm only slightly more concerned. I think it will be close

Jan 9, 2020, 9:45 AM

I thought we would blow OSU out. Thankfully I'm wrong most of the time.

I feel the opposite...from an offensive perspective at least

Jan 9, 2020, 9:56 AM

Ohio State had 3-4 solid WRs and dobbins who, let's face it, isn't the pass catcher that CEH is, and didn't really utilize their TEs much.

LSU has 3-4 solid WRs, a RB who can catch out of the backfield, and a very good TE.

LSU has more weapons to cover in the pass game which means muse and turner (as everybody else, but they're the weaker coverage guys) have to play an "A game" coverage game.

All that being said 1. LSU doesn't have the defensive "weapons" OSU had and 2. if anybody can figure out how to slow this offense it's BV.............but i do think LSU has more offensive weapons to cover.

Re: I feel the opposite...from an offensive perspective at least

Jan 9, 2020, 10:16 AM

We've been hearing all year that the back 7 is the strength of this defense. Here's their chance to show people how good they really are!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's probably our strength over our DLine this year....

Jan 9, 2020, 10:26 AM

but most times that Muse and Turner are in "one-on-one" situations they get burned...........they're better in "zone/roaming" situations.

our CBs are very good and have been excellent in man to man coverage this year.

Re: It's probably our strength over our DLine this year....

Jan 9, 2020, 10:46 AM

Muse and Turner are not quite the liabilities that people seem to want to paint them as.

That being said, when the field gets squeezed down in the redzone, Muse and Turner REALLY shine.
They are the biggest reason that our redzone defense is SO good.

My only concern is our ability to cover the short, quick

Jan 9, 2020, 10:00 AM

throws. Any longer patterns, our guys will be on Leetle Burrow before he can throw it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good recipe for a Pick 6 for us!***

Jan 9, 2020, 10:48 AM

Re: Anyone else

Jan 9, 2020, 10:35 AM

I honestly feel OSU is a better balanced team than LSU, with superior running and defense. LSU's passing game is great. So, if Clemson can limit the amount of damage through the air, Dabo's team will have an excellent chance to win.

Jan 9, 2020, 10:47 AM

I gotta think that this is a central theme of BV's schemes.

Jan 9, 2020, 10:43 AM

I am not as worried about them, but they have MORE weapons than OSU. The reason i am not worried is that their defense is not as good as OSU's

Jan 9, 2020, 10:45 AM

The biggest difference I see from the LSU defense is that there is not one guy that has to be accounted for on every play like Chase Young. Both teams have good LBs but the strength of each defense is the secondary.

On offense I think the only positive, and it isn't a big one, is that LSU is less balanced than OSU. We had to account for Fields and Dobbins in the run game much more than EH and Burrow must be watched. Burrow can run around some but not in the same way as Fields. I think that was a big part of the second half success was realizing Fields did not want to run the ball. EH is just not as good as Dobbins in the run game even though he is still a good back.

My hope is that our d-line is able to generate a pass rush for the first time all year and actually get Burrow on the ground instead of letting him stay up and scramble. Burrow will run a little when pressured but the absolute best part of the LSU offense is how good Burrow and the WRs are in the scramble drill.

Jan 9, 2020, 12:15 PM

When the final four teams were announced I thought OSU would be the tougher match up. But that was before all the LSU fans came on our board telling us how great they are and what they are going to do to us. Now I'm skeert (said no one ever)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic