Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone catch what Herbie said about the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Anyone catch what Herbie said about the SEC?

Sep 17, 2013, 8:54 PM

Someone probably already mentioned this but he was talking about the Oregon vs. Tennessee game earlier on ESPN and said something along the lines of, "The SEC is a unique conference in that whenever a team wins a title all 14 teams break their flags out and wave them around claiming that they won a national championship. The talk about 'the conference' winning 7 titles, the problem is that when a team like Oregon beats Tennessee by 6 touchdowns they all hide. You all need to break out your flags and wave them around win or lose, it doesn't go just one way."

Someone is calling them out.... uh ohh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone catch what Herbie said about the SEC?

Sep 17, 2013, 9:04 PM

He will be another added to the most hated by the sec.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the truth hurts***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:17 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Yes I saw it and was glad to see someone finally

Sep 17, 2013, 9:19 PM

Bash them

Re: He put them down for the count.***

Sep 17, 2013, 9:35 PM

I think ESPN is starting to see the writing on the wall

Sep 17, 2013, 11:07 PM

The top teams (which are still #### good) are not looking totally untouchable. Also, the SEC as a whole is finally starting to play some meaningful non-conference games and people are finally seeing that teams from other conferences can keep up with them. Good job hedging your bets ESPN. Makes me feel a bit better about owning Disney stock.

Do you have a link

Sep 17, 2013, 11:53 PM

to that transcript? I would love to shove it in my brothers face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2013, 9:45 AM

Breaking News: Herbstreit banned by ESPN management from reading Tnet ever again

Here's what Saturday Down South had for the transcript

Sep 18, 2013, 10:42 AM

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/kirk-herbstreit-oregon-sec/

"I don’t think they intentional ran it up, but I’ll tell you this: The SEC, it’s unique about their fan base. There are fourteen schools. When one of them wins a national championship, all fourteen carry the flag for the national championship. They all claim it. They all claim the national championship like they won it together. So when Tennessee gets ambushed by Oregon, they need to all get their flag out together and accept that loss to Oregon."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meant that to be a reply to icebucket***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meant that to be a reply to icebucket***

Sep 18, 2013, 11:41 AM

Thank you so much! This is going to be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2013, 11:41 AM

But how is this an apples to apples comparison? Oregon is the top team in the Pac 12 and are currently #2 in the country. They were at home against one of the bottom 3 or 4 SEC teams who's breaking in a new head coach.

Oregon vs. Alabama or LSU would be a good comparison or Tennessee vs. Cal or Utah would be a good comparison. Would you say the American Athletic Conference can hang with the SEC because Louisville beat Kentucky?

Re: Re: Anyone catch what Herbie said about the SEC?

Sep 18, 2013, 11:49 AM

TrppinATown, thanks for making Herbie's point. If the SEC fans want the glory, accept the failures. They are quick to sum up the ACC using Wake Forest, but are not willing to do the same with Kentucky ... or Tennessee for that matter.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic