Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyjuan still question why some pull for ACC teams to do well?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Anyjuan still question why some pull for ACC teams to do well?

Nov 6, 2019, 11:53 AM

Asking for a friend

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyjuan still question why some pull for ACC teams to do well?

Nov 6, 2019, 11:55 AM

This has been obvious to me for ever. Don't get why some are all "screw the ACC, I only care about Clemson".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Nov 6, 2019, 11:58 AM

Screw the ACC, I only care about Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

One part of that sentence argues with the other part.

Nov 6, 2019, 12:01 PM

Caring about Clemson is the reason that I hope the ACC does well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One part of that sentence argues with the other part.

Nov 6, 2019, 4:54 PM

A man with a brain, rare around here it seems. Sucks that you took some thumb downs for your brave and bold stance, standing up for truth hurts sometimes doesn’t it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One part of that sentence argues with the other part.

Nov 7, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to One part of that sentence argues with the other part. ]

Clemson to win, Wake to be respectable and for Chapel Hill to burn. Did I miss anything? if I did, then I don't care.

Nov 6, 2019, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyjuan still question why some pull for ACC teams to do well? ]

I don't think that anyone is anti ACC. I look at it kind of as a tie breaker. All other things equal I will pull for the ACC, but certain teams like Nancy State will not have any other things equal situation in my mind. I will pull for the ACC more times than not but it rarely is because they are ACC.

Nov 6, 2019, 4:57 PM

Uhmmm, post what I did and see just how many are anti ACC, makes you wonder why they are soooo bent on staying in this joke of a football conference. I for one would like us to get out as soon as an offer comes our way. It will too, if we keep beating their darlings.

Yes. I will never pull for the conference.

Nov 6, 2019, 11:57 AM

You have fun pulling for teams that want Clemson to fail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 11:59 AM

I pull for ACC teams just because I pull for the ACC, but It wont matter to us this season what they do.

Your statement only applies if we remain undefeated.

Nov 6, 2019, 12:02 PM

We will not even be part of the conversation with one loss because of our conference

Re: Your statement only applies if we remain undefeated.

Nov 6, 2019, 12:29 PM

Obviously. We shouldnt be in the conversation with a loss.

...yes BECAUSE of what the ACC is doing this year.***

Nov 6, 2019, 12:35 PM

Re: ...yes BECAUSE of what the ACC is doing this year.***

Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 PM

True...but it doesnt matter. We know the league sucks this year. There is no excuse for a loss. If the ACC were good it would be a different story. I am with you and would have liked the ACC to be good. I pull for ACC teams to look good as well. Like you said, it helps Clemson.

Nov 6, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to ...yes BECAUSE of what the ACC is doing this year.*** ]

But there's one little problem there...what happens when it's an ACC team vs an ACC team?? Our problem is our conference is so wish washy, a team will win one week, then lose the next 2...and those 2 teams that won, lose their next 2...

That is the very definition of "beating each other up."***

Nov 6, 2019, 4:03 PM

Nov 7, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: ...yes BECAUSE of what the ACC is doing this year.*** ]

Is that wishy washy? Or competitive?

Nov 6, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Your statement only applies if we remain undefeated. ]

This!

So many people don't get it. It amazes me how they don't get it. No kidding we all here(most) pull for and love our Clemson Tigers!

Not caring about Clemson opponents perceived strength is like not caring where you park your brand new 2020 limited edition Bentley Coupe! Would you just get a brand new iphone and pair it with Cricket? No. You want it and all the surrounding areas around it - top notch! Who wants to be the owner - Clemson owns the ACC - of a piece of crap? Nobody! But, who wants to own - "something worth talking about"! Something valuable or perceived as good> Everybody! Or most people who get it.

I don't give a dang about any other school outside of "what they can do for Clemson" in other words! And what they can do is make the wins look better and keep these silly story lines to a minimum if they were better! The ACC though I must say - is no where near as bad as people are saying!
3 teams with losing records.
6 teams with losing records in the SEC.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 7:04 AM

It is very unfortunate that our success in football is being downplayed because our conference is perceived as weak. So in that retrospect I root for ACC teams to do well in out of conference games . Right now we are the STUDS of ACC football . Enjoy the time. I remember FLA ST. getting invited to this conference and we went on a 19 yr Conference Champ drought. I do believe if our conference brothers get better. This type of prejudice will stop.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2019, 12:04 PM

I even take this a step further, brace for blasphemy, I pull for Usuck to do just well enough that they are a quality end of the season matchup.

Nov 6, 2019, 12:26 PM

I had a Carolina friend tell me he always hopes we have a great season going because it motivates the Chickens to ruin it.

I told him i wished for the same thing for him, but it's never happened yet.

Nov 6, 2019, 2:44 PM

Lol, right on

You can make the argument that when USuC has done well

Nov 6, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyjuan still question why some pull for ACC teams to do well? ]

we haven't done so well against them.

Re: You can make the argument that when USuC has done well

Nov 6, 2019, 10:14 PM

Ummm. Yeah.

BOTH seasons they played for a CONFERENCE championship we failed to stop them.

Who needs opponents when we have fans as supportive as you? Seriously, where is your head right now?

Nice try.***

Nov 7, 2019, 2:02 PM

Not me..fork the ACC .I don't care if they all go 0-12***

Nov 6, 2019, 12:27 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 6, 2019, 12:39 PM

Maybe a game against Ga Southern or App State instead of Worried and Charlotte would look a bit better.

Anybody who pulls for their conference outside of the SEC

Nov 6, 2019, 1:10 PM

Does so in response to the SEC doing so. It’s a way to fight back

It isn't working...***

Nov 6, 2019, 2:47 PM

Stupid is as stupid does

Nov 6, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Anybody who pulls for their conference outside of the SEC ]

Right?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Understood ... Still ... I hope UNCheat loses every game

Nov 6, 2019, 2:41 PM

they play ... in every sport ... Halleluiah ... Amen.

Re: Understood ... Still ... I hope UNCheat loses every game

Nov 7, 2019, 5:56 AM

For me, it's NC St.

Many of us remember the days when the Tobacco Rd schools ran the conference in such a way that gave the 4 of them all the advantages. Then they made us the only school in history punished more by the conference than by the NCAA, and it's still true today almost 40 years later.

Wake was the little brother, never the ringleader, so I'm ok with them doing well.

Duke and UNC deserve my hate, but I'm not a good hater, and they're not division rivals.

I save it all for NC St.

All of the newbies (since 1989) i root for for SoS purposes.

UVa i actually root for because i know they got bullied too for more than a generation. (I was a kid when all the probation crap went down, so i have no idea who pushed it.) I'm glad to see the Wahoos emerging from Tobacco Rd's shadow.

Nov 6, 2019, 10:45 PM

I pull for other ACC teams in bowl games or huge out of conference games. Other than that, I want chaos. The earlier we can clinch the division (which is a team goal), the better.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:56 AM

Trooth!

We don't need the ACC to do well. We only need 2 ACC teams to do well. My preference would be FSU and VT.

Nov 7, 2019, 7:26 AM

ESPN created the "conference mantra".

It's perfect for all sports show talking heads...................it's a never-ending topic.

For decades................"conference" just wasn't much of a topic.

Most people are sheep.

Sheep are told what to do and what to think.

Overpaid pundits speak......................sheep's panties often get in a big wad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...Pulling for the rest of the ACC isn't going to

Nov 7, 2019, 3:38 PM

magically turn chickensh1t into chicken salad, so I DO question why anybody would pull for this crapass conference

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic