Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody out there still want to make the claim that Breeland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,062

Anybody out there still want to make the claim that Breeland

Oct 28, 2014, 12:07 AM

and Bryant, should have stayed?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ONLY, if any of those 2 came back to play QB

Oct 28, 2014, 12:10 AM

just say'in

I'll make that claim

Oct 28, 2014, 12:12 AM

But only for selfish reasons!

Tigers had a great week in the NFL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, they should have stayed

Oct 28, 2014, 12:14 AM

but I'm being selfish.

Breeland was awesome shutting down the cowgirls!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody out there still want to make the claim that Breeland

Oct 28, 2014, 12:15 AM

Bryant should have stayed. He is playing okay at the moment, but he would have made A LOT more money had he stayed and played well in college this year. Breeland, on the other hand, made the right choice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bryant wanted the chance to make 1st round money then

Oct 28, 2014, 12:17 AM

he definitely should have stayed. There would have been a financial benefit to him, and he would have definitely gone higher than the 4th round with another year. But that's a decision for him and his family to make. He has every right to make whatever decision he feels is best for him depending on his personal circumstances. I don't hold it against him by any means.

However, it's not only about whether he could be successful in the NFL after his junior year. In general, most recommendations are for underclassmen to stay in school unless they are given a first or second round evaluation by the NFL.

Martavis could have been making at least 5 times more money if he had come back. Instead, he is locked into his current contract for a minimum of 3 years before he can even begin to renegotiate because of the current CBA.

I absolutely love the success he has had after only being active for 2 games of course. It's awesome to see so many Tigers having such large impacts in the NFL on so many teams. It's getting to the point where most games that you watch have at least one Clemson alum to keep an eye on, and sometimes many more, especially when watching Buffalo and Arizona.

He will be getting a very big contract soon, 4th rounders...

Oct 28, 2014, 12:20 AM

don't sign long term deals. And if he keeps playing the way he has his first two games, he will be paid lots of money.

Four years for $2.7 million is nowhere near what a 1st round

Oct 28, 2014, 12:35 AM

pick makes. Regardless of how well he performs, the current CBA does not allow a player or team to sign an extension or renegotiate their current deal until they are in their 3rd year.

Sammy got 4 years at $19.9 million including a $12.8 million signing bonus after being taken 4th overall.

Nuk lasted until 27th and signed for 4 years at $7.6 million with a $3.9 million bonus with 3 years guaranteed.

Those are considerably more substantial than $2.7 million over 4 years with none of it guaranteed and no mention of any signing bonus at all.

Message was edited by: cornstock®

Actually, he got a $400,000 signing bonus.

No way he improves his draft status in this years offense...

Oct 28, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to If Bryant wanted the chance to make 1st round money then ]

he made the right decision to leave when he did.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, Bryant isn't a screen pass receiver***

Oct 28, 2014, 12:35 AM

He's not a part of this year's offense

Oct 28, 2014, 12:45 AM [ in reply to No way he improves his draft status in this years offense... ]

Maybe if he had been, you'd have seen some different things.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was really surprised Breeland even got drafted

Oct 28, 2014, 12:44 AM

He played pretty well tonight and the Skins' announcers seemed pretty pumped about him. Still, going into the draft as an unheralded player probably cost him some money and has also probable put him in a position where an injury could mean not much job security.

The same thing goes for Martavis Bryant. If he comes back, he could've been a guy that everybody knew about all year and been a featured guy right away in the pros. As it is, it looks like he'll be a mainstay with the Steelers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,062
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic