Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody bought/ played the American Ultra Telecaster?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,603

Anybody bought/ played the American Ultra Telecaster?

Jul 12, 2020, 9:24 PM

Opinions...please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody bought/ played the American Ultra Telecaster?

Jul 12, 2020, 10:46 PM

i assume this is a fender guitar? i have not heard of it yet>

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 11:21 PM

I don’t know about that one but I’d love to find a deal on an old tele from the 60’s .
I’ve got an ‘83 strat and an ‘ 83 fender bullet .

Both are in mint condition, having been in their case since bought new .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 11:34 PM

I've got a '64 blonde Telecaster with original hang tags, case, and cord in outstanding condition. I doubt that you can find another '64 on the market today.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good guitar

Jul 13, 2020, 1:42 AM

Played, don't own. Really good Modern D neck. Its fast. Low action. Its good for players without huge hands. The tapered neck might made it a little more difficult for players with fat fingers. Really easy to play most anything, but not really great for a shredder bc of the taper. Great stick, especially for blues based. It should be bc its about 2 grand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good guitar

Jul 13, 2020, 1:55 AM

I put cobalt noiseless pickups on my Squier. Could just about etch glass with. Good enuff for me. I mostly keep it in open G; my Keith Richards tribute guitar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good guitar

Jul 14, 2020, 10:09 AM

I profess to know absolutely nothing about guitars, but wouldn't a noiseless pickup kinda defeat the purpose?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't played one but read about them...

Jul 13, 2020, 8:01 AM

Appears to be Fender's top of the line American made Telecaster - for $2000 it should be. My whole problem with most manufactured guitars today is that a lot of them just feel "cheap" and the craftsmanship is lacking.

I stopped buying manufactured guitars and started making the bodies myself or doing builds from quality parts. This allows you to customize your guitars to exactly how you want them and they play better than anything you find at the guitar store.

If you want to customize a Tele to meet exactly what you want - go to Warmoth (Warmoth.com) and order everything to your exact specs and then assemble it yourself. You will end up with a lot better guitar for about the same price you pay at a guitar store.

Here is a Walnut Tele build a buddy and I did. It has a Tele body but a rosewood Strat neck. The body came from a couple of 80 year old Walnut boards he found in a barn. We ordered an unfinished neck from Warmoth (compound radius - 10 at the nut and increases to 16 at the bridge) and did the finishing work myself (spray lacquer).

Here is my modified Thinline Tele that I ordered the parts (unfinished maple neck and body from Warmoth) that I assembled and further customized to how I wanted it (walnut pickguard, exact pickups, locking tuners etc...):

Both of these guitars play better than anything I have found in a guitar store.

My buddy and I are currently building another Walnut guitar for his son - Tele/Strat hybrid (Tele body with Strat pickups and controls). We routed a rear control cavity in order to keep as much of the natural wood appearance as possible on the front. I'm currently in the process of finishing the neck and the body...

Here's a shot of the Walnut hybrid before I did the grain filling work:

I've built a couple of Strats as well. The only problem with doing your own guitar builds is that it can become an addictive hobby that results in you having way more guitars than you will ever play...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven't played one but read about them...

Jul 13, 2020, 10:47 PM

Very impressive .

Nice stuff... Talent.***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Haven't played one but read about them... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've heard nothing but good things

Jul 13, 2020, 9:23 AM

about both the Professional line and Elite/Ultra lines.

Game changer for me was finding out last week that Fender is now selling Tele and Strat baritone necks, to convert regular bodies into 27" scale baritones.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,603
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic