Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any spring football news?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,611

Any spring football news?

Mar 10, 2017, 11:59 AM

Won't it be great when there are no ref ball posts here until November? Tobacco road refs have always and will always be the winner pickers in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure they will be starting soon. There may even be a

Mar 10, 2017, 1:21 PM

scrimmage or two to measure how everyone is doing. Seriously, I understand if they don't want the press there, but can't they at least give a summary and some stats for Wednesday's scrimmage?

Re: I'm sure they will be starting soon. There may even be a

Mar 10, 2017, 1:41 PM

One thing that's been pretty consistent throughout Swinney's tenure is, he tries to eliminate distractions and drama, and just let the guys grind and practice as much as possible. He especially seems to be putting the noise from last year in the rear-view.

Heard a few things from some guys that were there...but it's nothing Earth-shaking precisely because they're not really doing anything Earth-shaking right now beyond grinding and practicing, and stuff is pretty much exactly how Swinney has described it...it's still Kelly Bryant-1/Zerrick Cooper-2/Hunter Johnson-3 on the depth chart, for instance, and some guys that you'd expect to take a step forwards because the position opened are apparently doing that. Hearing good stuff about a half-dozen or more young players who are redshirt sophomores or younger.

Lot of talent, but the big difference between this year and last year apparently is, especially on O, there's really no established Alpha's who have proven themselves and so it's a lot...quieter. Which again, you'd probably expect given that we lost Watson, Gallman, Williams, Scott, Leggett, and Guillermo from last year's squad.

I will agree though that the quiet is frustrating for the superfans, though. Hard getting any sort of info right now, and it's obviously on purpose, even though I do know why - they're in reload and Get Back To Work mode, and they really are looking to just do work and keep the noise out right now, which seems very smart.

^^^This guy gets it

Mar 10, 2017, 1:51 PM

Although, I think we will lose Hunter with Trevor clearly being ALL In and looks to be ready to take over right away. Too many teams out there that need a good QB right now. I hope he stays but if I was him, I'd be looking for a new place to shine. Unless he knows something I don't.

Thanks. Nice to get a heads up on what's happening, even if

Mar 10, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm sure they will be starting soon. There may even be a ]

nothing is happening, which is what we general hope is happening in the spring. At least nobody's hurt. I always enjoy reading your stuff.

Re: Any spring football news?

Mar 10, 2017, 1:41 PM

When is the spring game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

April 1st

Mar 10, 2017, 1:51 PM

Coot

Re: April 1st

Mar 10, 2017, 2:27 PM

lol that was a serious question...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 10, 2017, 2:30 PM

Spring game is April 8th.

Mar 10, 2017, 2:38 PM

Thanks, Brother.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,611
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic