Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any older Tiger fans Experience What I did?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,023

Any older Tiger fans Experience What I did?

Nov 8, 2015, 10:57 AM

From the buses arriving. to the run down the hill, to the great second half we played, to the great Tiger win and to cap it all off to our great Coaches led by Dabo and his entire staff in the Post Game activities and most of all to the fine young men on our team who won with class------all of this brought tears to my eyes and with the years rolling by I realize just how lucky I/we are to be alive and see this great school, our terrific athletic programs, our superb coaches and our outstanding young men bringing joy to all of our fans. I hope and pray that we'll get to see it again next year!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. All us old timers in my section

Nov 8, 2015, 10:57 AM

had that emotional reaction after the Gallman TD.

Surreal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. All us old timers in my section

Nov 8, 2015, 11:00 AM

Scott: and what a TD ruin it was. He simply would not be denied!

Re: Yep. All us old timers in my section

Nov 8, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Yep. All us old timers in my section ]

Heck yes! My wife doesn't understand my inner feelings, but we were both elated. My late father went to the 1981 championship game and that was the highlight of his later years outside of family memories. Those of us alive then fully recognize what last night meant. Enjoy it while it happens because there are no certain outcomes as each season is different!

Go Tigers!

Re: Any older Tiger fans Experience What I did?

Nov 8, 2015, 11:05 AM

I have been emotional since the victory. It's certainly not over yet but if it feels this good at this moment I can't wait for the next celebration!

Age related

Nov 8, 2015, 11:18 AM

At 66, I've learned to stay off the emotional roller coaster and roll with the punches with about everything, but at the end of this game I had that same feeling just like I did in Miami at the '82 Orange Bowl. It was a "high" I haven't felt in a long time and boy did it feel great. Hope to repeat it again as this season plays out.

yes I was surprisingly calm until Gallman scored

Nov 8, 2015, 11:36 AM

then I yelled for a solid minute straight

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes I did and it was wonderful ! Happy to be a Tiger !***

Nov 8, 2015, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 11:31 AM

I started tearing up during "The Most Exciting 25 Seconds in College Football".

Just realizing where Dabo and his vision has brought us to.

I LOVE Clemson!

GO TIGERS!!!

This old guy

Nov 8, 2015, 11:57 AM

sure did. At the half I was trying to get my mind right that we could possibly lose. When Boulware (I think it was him) took that ball away from the FSU player I jumped up and screamed- no go down and score. When Gallman made the run I have to admit I had tears in my eyes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 12:10 PM

Yes, as a CU '76 grad I have been living and dying with the highs and lows of our football team for some 45 years now, and beginning to wonder if I was ever going to see us get back to the elite level during my time. Thanks to Dabo, fans, players, and all the others for contributing to some of the most enjoyable 3 months of my life, with more to come. When Gallman scored last night, I experienced a feeling I have never felt in all of my years of following the Tigers. Misty eyes, you bet. Now let's go finish the deal and make this truly a year to remember. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2015, 2:46 PM

It took me back to 1981 in so many ways. Our son who is a 2003 graduate was only 1 years old then and now is feeling the excitement we felt as we watched the team fighting its way to the National Championship. It's been 34 years and we are so lucky to have a coaching staff and team that can make it happen. Fight hard Tigers#BYOG!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,023
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic