Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Liverpool supporters here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Any Liverpool supporters here?

Jun 25, 2020, 4:45 PM

Just curious as this is potentially a historic day for the club

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Liverpool supporters here?

Jun 25, 2020, 5:32 PM

Liverpool Liverpool! Champions!

Jun 25, 2020, 10:12 PM

Go Reds! I was born there. Thanks for posting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 10:28 PM

Yeah, well, the real ironic part is they clinched...because of an American on another team.

Pulisic led Chelsea to a 2-1 victory over Man City...which clinched the title for Liverpool.

Amazing goal from Pulisic.

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsSoccer/status/1276243034859077632

Jun 25, 2020, 10:36 PM

He is starting to settle in there I believe. 2 goals in the last 2 games now. Great to see. He looked a little bit lost when he first got there. So glad he is doing well now!

Jun 26, 2020, 7:42 AM

The kid is special. He's got almost the turn of pace Landon Donovan had...but he's much slicker and more skilled, and a lot more dangerous on the ball. Donovan - as witnessed by his successful stints at Everton - was a guy who had EPL talent; Pulisic is probably the first guy America's had who can start on a Champions League team.

Of course, Gio Reyna at Dortmund looks like he's in that league as well, and Weston McKinnie at Schalke and Tyler Adams at RB Leipzig both look pretty close, and if he can ever stay healthy, Zach Steffen could get in the mix at keeper for Man City.

It took some time for that huge "donut hole" that was the missing generation between Donovan/Dempsey/Howard's cohort and these young bucks to work its way through the US system, but this new crew is by a bunch the most-talented America has ever had. Right now we're at the bottom of the Top-25 teams in the world; these guys have the potential to move us into the Top-10 and into contention at the World Cup.

I personally think the next thing we need to do is goose up our pro league. There's about 10 or so huge-money Mexican teams like Club America, Chivas, Tigres, etc. that can really spend; IMHO we need to join forces with those guys and put our own huge-money squads like Atlanta United, Seattle, LAFC, LA Galaxy, NYFC, etc. and form a North American super-league, playing in front of 50K+ every game like the EPL and Bundesliga do. Now that would be a league worth watching.

We do that, you instantly create a league where our own top guys can develop, and we don't have to rely on the rare ducks like Pulisic and Reyna who can somehow fight their way into Germany as 17-year-old teenagers and prosper.

that league would be awesome

Jun 26, 2020, 11:03 AM

And would become the best league outside of Europe pretty quickly I think

Re: that league would be awesome

Jun 28, 2020, 6:07 PM

It sounds great. If we can do it with Canada why not Mexico?

Sergino Dest is another big time young prospect

Jun 26, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Any Liverpool supporters here? ]

that recently chose the US over the Dutch national team. 19 year old RB for Ajax.

Pulisic is the most skilled US player I've seen. His only real weakness is his size. I think he's had a really good first season at Chelsea but I have seen some defenses really get him off his game by being physical with him. The EPL is still the most physical league in Europe.

I was a big Beatles fan, does that count? As far as the

Jun 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

Soccer, Hockey on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support liver pudding

Jun 26, 2020, 11:43 AM

Nm

Jun 26, 2020, 12:11 PM

This is like when the Saints won the Super Bowl.

Not really

Jun 26, 2020, 12:14 PM

Liverpool is a historically dominant club that has a ton of titles. Just none since the start of the premier league in 91-92 (simply semantics really, it was the First Division before that).

More like Notre Dame winning another title now

Yeah Liverpool was THE big club in England for a long time

Jun 26, 2020, 1:11 PM

They were far more successful than Man U until probably the early 90s when SAF really got United rolling. And then of course Chelsea and Man City were just mid tier clubs that never won anything until they were bought by billionaires that dumped truck loads of money into the clubs.

Newcastle might be next

Jun 26, 2020, 1:14 PM

With the Saudi takeover purchase that makes the Man City wealth look like pocket change

A newcastle every now and again is quite tasty!***

Jun 28, 2020, 5:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic