Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another year same story with Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Another year same story with Basketball

Mar 13, 2016, 5:20 PM

This is tiring when it comes to basketball and not worthy of the players we have had the last few years. THIS is a coaching failure plain and simple and we need a change. Brownell has shown he is not the answer and we need a change. All of our sports are either on the top or rocketing towards the top - EXCEPT basketball. We have lost too many games AGAIN we should have won and we absolutely should have been in the NCAAs this year. We need a change NOW! Screw the NIT tournament, I won't even watch it.

Message was edited by: aftigr®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another angry bball post. Yawn.***

Mar 13, 2016, 5:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have been done with Brownell for 2

Mar 13, 2016, 5:31 PM

years, but after listening to the WCCP Apology Tour they gave him after the GT debacle, apparently he needs 10 to 15 years to show us what he can REALLY do because he will have proper facilities next year and the real program building can begin. Like you, it will be brutal watching the NIT but that is what we are settling for with Brownell. Two NCAA appearances with OP's players and a downward trend ever since for the most part.....I am sure he is a good guy with a heart of gold but he defines a .500 coach and WCCP kept going on about his 10-8 ACC record when the reality is we play 18 conference games and we had by ranking a very middle of the road ACC schedule. We will be in the same spot this time next year and the Brownell apologists will be defending him. Time for him to go and beating George Washington in the first round won't change it. I hope Blossingame doesn't leave because like with KJ, Brownell will be harping on his departure as the reason why things aren't going well. He is just very bland, like Tommy Bowden was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 for me

Mar 13, 2016, 6:01 PM

'Cept the Vegas fiasco in Late November.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

3 for me

Mar 13, 2016, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Have been done with Brownell for 2 ]

'Cept the Vegas fiasco in Late November.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Another year same story with Basketball-wrong not same

Mar 13, 2016, 5:50 PM

shot 3's and FT's better. Played D and rebounded worse. Bigs Have no clue how to block out anyone on rebounds now and have become foul out machines. Produced about the same result though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another year same story with Basketball-wrong not same

Mar 13, 2016, 6:04 PM

It was strange, it is almost like Nnoko took a step back this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was very disappointed that he allowed himself to get into foul trouble so much.

Mar 13, 2016, 6:16 PM

Some of the calls against him were certainly questionable this year, but his job is to figure out how games are called and adjust accordingly. Despite being a seasoned veteran, he did not do that. It's a shame, because he played well when he could stay in the game and get into the flow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I was very disappointed that he allowed himself to get into foul trouble so much.

Mar 13, 2016, 6:22 PM

I really think he was better his first 2 years at not fouling yet still being aggressive. Then he just seemed to lose that ability

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was good for 1 offensive foul(mostly screens) and 1

Mar 13, 2016, 6:45 PM [ in reply to I was very disappointed that he allowed himself to get into foul trouble so much. ]

horrible perimeter foul about every game and at least one of those was utter BS

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic