Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another basketball transfer?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Another basketball transfer?

Nov 4, 2015, 2:00 PM

I could understand one or two transfers over time, but how many basketball players have transferred under Brownell? Enough is enough. Maybe it's time for Brownell to transfer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently he's a great Xs and Os guy, and

Nov 4, 2015, 2:13 PM

no juan can recruit or win here. Not even Oliver Purnell. Oh, wait...

Why talk about mediocrity

Nov 4, 2015, 2:18 PM

When Football is #1?

Apparently you're not a Clemson fan

Nov 4, 2015, 2:31 PM

if you wait until football is over to be a diehard basketball fan. Apparently if you can't do both you don't love Clemson.

I know, I don't get it either.

Basketball season is over before it begins

Nov 4, 2015, 2:35 PM

Atleast until we make a new hire

Re: Basketball season is over before it begins

Nov 4, 2015, 2:35 PM

You dont even watch so what do you care.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Can't complain about football so basketball is next

Nov 4, 2015, 2:40 PM

on his list.

I sat through the rain vs GT big man

Nov 4, 2015, 2:43 PM

Where were you?! Dont question my loyalty to Dabo or the football team.

Re: I sat through the rain vs GT big man

Nov 4, 2015, 7:48 PM

You and PsychoTea...

Don't call yourselves "diehard" fans if you're just going to pull against the basketball team to make yourself "right" about Brownell.

Transfers don't have anything to do with Brownell, or every coach in the U.S. would have to be fired too. It's happening everywhere.

Why would you want a guy with no loyalty to Clemson who averaged 2.7 ppg on the team anyways? Some people will make anything into a complaint. Find something better to do with your time.

dont worry, if Tiger basketball starts winning, you'll see

Nov 4, 2015, 8:07 PM

all the Brownell detractors climbing up on the bandwagon.....just like all the "Dabo-detractors" have now done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They win either way. I told you so if a coach fails or I

Nov 4, 2015, 9:47 PM

been on the bandwagon the whole time if he succeeds. A "fan"supports the team win or lose.

Bc I want to be able to watch again

Nov 4, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball season is over before it begins ]

Re: Bc I want to be able to watch again

Nov 4, 2015, 2:42 PM

Bandwagon fans are a pathetic bunch.

null

So are those that accept mediocrity

Nov 4, 2015, 2:46 PM

I called for Tommys head bc he was mediocre, hes gone and Clemson football is now #1... I know what im doing with Brad...

Re: So are those that accept mediocrity

Nov 4, 2015, 2:57 PM

You heard it here first folks the only reason we are number one is due to NAT!!!

null

Yeah, bc thats what I meant

Nov 4, 2015, 3:02 PM

Its not like thousands of other fans didnt share my feelings and help force the change. Whatever, Brad sucks, the majority of us know it(please see attendance) and im not gonna waste my time talking about him when my football team is #1 and playing its biggest game in 30+ years

Well said!!! TU***

Nov 4, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to So are those that accept mediocrity ]

Re: So are those that accept mediocrity

Nov 4, 2015, 3:27 PM [ in reply to So are those that accept mediocrity ]

Brad must have bullied you in high school huh. Sorry bruh. We all have to go through something harsh in our lives. Don't hate.

Re: Basketball season is over before it begins

Nov 4, 2015, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Basketball season is over before it begins ]

You are crazy. What Brownell has done in the ACC with our talent has been amazing. He can't make our players make shots. Why are you not our coach sir?

Does he recruit said players?

Nov 4, 2015, 3:27 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/03/05/college-scoring-struggles-may-start-on-recruiting-trail/

Maybe this is why we can't score. Brownell does not recruit shooters.

Re: Apparently you're not a Clemson fan

Nov 4, 2015, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Apparently you're not a Clemson fan ]

But there's a forum for dat! Eh oh well. All the cool kidz know Football is where it's at!
Go Tigers!

Re: Another basketball transfer?

Nov 4, 2015, 2:23 PM

It is not only a Clemson problem...

It is a college basketball problem....

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post/_/id/4899/top-10-transfers-and-complete-transfer-list

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10702122/tracking-every-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Nov 4, 2015, 2:38 PM

Anyone transfering is doing it for reasons other than coaching. More playing time somewhere else maybe, maybe we need more "fans" to transfer their loyalties elsewhere as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 2:40 PM

Yep

null

the NCAA needs to treat basketball as a fall sport for

Nov 4, 2015, 3:26 PM

transfer purposes- kids go through fall practice, realize they may not get as much playing time as they think they deserve and they transfer mid year so they effectively miss only the "pre-season" games the following year when they transfer- not much of a penalty like there is in football.

This is a pretty good idea.***

Nov 4, 2015, 3:30 PM

Ajukwa is going to miss this entire upcoming season of play

Nov 4, 2015, 7:57 PM [ in reply to the NCAA needs to treat basketball as a fall sport for ]

because of the transfer. It might be harsher than football actually because over 300 programs are D1 instead of the 128 or so in football. A football player can transfer to an FCS school and not skip a season, but all of those FCS schools are in D1 in basketball so the player still has to sit out a full season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another troll, 6-700 basketball players transfer

Nov 4, 2015, 3:27 PM

each year... Clemson is below average.

Also, we got in 3 good transfers in the last year.

Re: Another troll, 6-700 basketball players transfer

Nov 4, 2015, 3:32 PM

Yep amazing how those usual suspects completely ignored that part of my post.

null

Nov 4, 2015, 8:16 PM

When you have to come back and defend the guy year after year that should tell you something.

Nov 5, 2015, 7:54 AM

What are some of your other screen names Skeeter3?

null

Nov 4, 2015, 7:38 PM

*Insert comment about transfers happen everywhere* *Insert Brownell being a great X and O coach* *Insert Brownell is a great developer - see Grant, Jerai (ignore all the transfer players among others who didn't)* *Insert dig at Purnell*

Rinse and Repeat.

Brownell has zero incentive to win. We gave him a $5 mil buyout for 3 NIT wins. Between 2008-09 and 2012-13 we were 27th in spending on recruiting. Where is the ROI on that money? A coach who can't sniff the NCAA Tournament in his 5th year should be on the hot seat, yet the consensus is he will see year 7 regardless of how we do this year. Maybe this year we will have a team who doesn't quit and plays in the CBI for experience. In reality, we need to be hoping Will Wade has a good year or 2 at VCU and wants to come back home and bring the press with him.

Nov 5, 2015, 7:55 AM

"*Insert comment about transfers happen everywhere* *Insert Brownell being a great X and O coach* *Insert Brownell is a great developer - see Grant, Jerai (ignore all the transfer players among others who didn't)* *Insert dig at Purnell*"

Great job ignoring my post above.

Typical of the ignorant BBall B&M crowd.

null

Nov 5, 2015, 9:02 AM

You have to see and acknowledge where all the frustration is from. We returned 4 starters and couldn't make the NIT in his 5th year. That points to a significant problem with the program. Before season 5 was over, the consensus was that he has 2 more years. At some point we have to win or cut bait. Consistently saying he is a great coach while the results point otherwise, is a disgrace to our program.

Nov 5, 2015, 9:05 AM

I have said several times he has this year and next. After that he will be done if he hasnt shown MASSIVE improvement.

Doesnt change the fact that this whole transfer thing that you are trying to point out as an issue is BS.

Look at my links above it is not a Clemson problem it is a college basketball problem.

null

Nov 4, 2015, 8:01 PM

It is obvious that there are still tons of fans that have their heads so far up their butts that they have no clue when a coach is bad. Brownell has done freaking nothing to make this program better. He needs to go, and go soon. Those who love him and think he's great will only get in the way of solving the problem. When you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

That said - you are welcome as CLEMSON fans to keep loving on Brownell. It's okay. We understand and will give you a pass. Bless your heart.

It could be that Brownell is compensating for some of the

Nov 4, 2015, 9:23 PM

softer guys he had to take on during past recruiting years to keep the numbers up by taking in his own transfers that are a level above what's been headed out.

I'm not giving Brownell a pass on this season for what it's worth. I think the numbers in the stands are going to be greater and much more energetic in Greenville, with a homecourt feel, than Littlejohn has been the past several seasons. I still think he's got the chops, but this year he has to really prove it in the win column. This will be the deepest and most talented roster he's had at Clemson since he's been coach, including the NCAA team in year 1.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has three transfers on the roster

Nov 4, 2015, 9:34 PM

Brownell is getting it done

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2015, 9:40 PM

Nice try COOT... It's still football season... Fly your #### back to fgf!!!

Brownell gets no respect

Nov 4, 2015, 9:43 PM

He is averaging 18 wins a season and has won 46 percent of his ACC games, which is a record for Clemson coaches.

Until the Littlejohn project, no money had been spent on basketball. Dabo gets everything he wants.

The new arena will help Brownell give us the type of basketball program we all want.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic