Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another Great Tiger Day!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,139

Another Great Tiger Day!

Jun 14, 2020, 8:17 AM

Good day Tiger fans! Football is just around the corner!

Sunday Shorts

Genesis 32:27, 28
And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.” But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!” So He said to him, “What is your name?” He said, “Jacob.” And He said, “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”

This is an old, and wise, saying; “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.” It teaches us about character. What we become known for. One trait, specifically, that it gives warning to is deceitful ways. When someone has a deceitful character it will always be found out because someone will not be fooled. But God, no one can ever fool God.

This is what Jacob is learning in this moment of his life. You see, Jacob lived a deceitful and crooked life. He was a thief and a scoundrel. He even deceived his own father in order to steal his brother’s blessing. How? While his brother was out hunting for game to feed his father, Jacob came with a meal in his place. Their father was blind so Jacob dressed in his brothers clothes and, his brother being a very hairy man, covered himself with the skins of young goats. His father, thinking it was Jacob when he heard his voice, asked him to come close so he could smell his clothing and touch his skin. Jacob’s deception worked and he received his father’s blessing; the one that should have been given to his older brother. Jacob then fled from that place in fear for his life.

But Jacob is not in the hands of his father now, that he could deceive him. He could not claim to be someone else and he has nowhere he can run to. He was now in the hands of the pre-incarnate Christ. The Angel of the Lord. The One who sees us and knows us for who and what we are. Then came the question, the same one we must all answer when asked by God, “What is your name?” Do you know what God is really asking? It is this, “Who are you?”

This is a moment of truth we must all face before God. He knows who we are. He knows how we have lived. He knows us by our character… the name that we have built around the one we were given at birth. And, like Jacob, only when we admit who we are to God can we begin to find blessing from God. Only then can we begin to find peace with God. This was a moment of change for Jacob too. It will be a moment of change for all who are honest with themselves when they are struggling with God.

And we must be honest because God will never be forced into blessing anyone. In fact, He will wrestle with anyone for as long as it takes in order for them to find the same courage and strength to face themselves as they have in facing Him. Even you. Because He knows you are worth fighting for, or with, if it will lead you to a “face to face” time with Him. If you get to this place, stop fighting with God. Stop fighting with yourself. Tell Him your name. He will meet you in that moment and He will talk with you right there - no matter how ugly your life has been. Remember, He already knows. But He can't talk with you, or bless you, until you know. Until you can admit who you are to Him. Then the blessings begin!

God bless you today I pray!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nicely done.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:26 AM

helped me this am. In a motel room. Great thoughts and application of scripture!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Great Tiger Day!

Jun 14, 2020, 8:47 AM

Thank you Huntclub. This was truly a blessing this morning. Praises!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,139
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic